24-25 NFL Thread

49 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

This is fucking disgusting. Tyreek Hill arrest yesterday... those cops need to be fired. Don't need s%*# cops like them on the streets

This is why a portion of the people want to defund the police.  A person like me never has to worry about a traffic interaction like this.  Lots of my friends aren't so lucky.  Hard to blame them for wanting major changes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is why a portion of the people want to defund the police.  A person like me never has to worry about a traffic interaction like this.  Lots of my friends aren't so lucky.  Hard to blame them for wanting major changes.

I wish more people really understood how un-American police action like this is and how bad it is for our country. 

Regarding Caleb. I expected some bumps - like any rookie qb. It was week 1 and given 17 game season and preseason softness I really view week 1 as a throwaway. 

So now he has 4 games in 4 quarters. I want to see progression each of those 4 quarters but I also want to see a splash half in one of his first 4 games. Even if not a complete game in those first 4, I want to see a half where you see the special show off. Than in the 2nd 4 I want to see a big game, it’s ok if there are some turnovers in it - but a big game. Want to see some elite highs across the board and than improve the floors each quarter of the season. 

12 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Regarding Caleb. I expected some bumps - like any rookie qb. It was week 1 and given 17 game season and preseason softness I really view week 1 as a throwaway. 

So now he has 4 games in 4 quarters. I want to see progression each of those 4 quarters but I also want to see a splash half in one of his first 4 games. Even if not a complete game in those first 4, I want to see a half where you see the special show off. Than in the 2nd 4 I want to see a big game, it’s ok if there are some turnovers in it - but a big game. Want to see some elite highs across the board and than improve the floors each quarter of the season. 

We just need to see progress. We need to see things that show he's improving. Last week was an objectively awful performance by Caleb and the offense. I did not think we would see a sub 100 yard throwing performance from him this season, not with the weapons that he has on his side of the ball. I went and looked at a bunch of QB's to give a little bit of context around Caleb's performance. 

CJ Stroud had one game last year for 91 yards on 10/23 throwing, against one of the best defenses in the league in the Jets.

Bryce Young had one game last year where he threw for 94 yards on 11/18 throwing.

Tua had two games his rookie year where he didn't crack 100 yards throwing. 

Kyler didn't have a sub 100 yard game in his rookie season. Jordan Love didn't. Lamar Jackson didn't. Daniel Jones didn't. Trevor Lawrence didn't. Baker didn't. Joe Burrow didn't. Mac Jones didn't. 

We'll know it when we see it.

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

We just need to see progress. We need to see things that show he's improving. Last week was an objectively awful performance by Caleb and the offense. I did not think we would see a sub 100 yard throwing performance from him this season, not with the weapons that he has on his side of the ball. I went and looked at a bunch of QB's to give a little bit of context around Caleb's performance. 

CJ Stroud had one game last year for 91 yards on 10/23 throwing, against one of the best defenses in the league in the Jets.

Bryce Young had one game last year where he threw for 94 yards on 11/18 throwing.

Tua had two games his rookie year where he didn't crack 100 yards throwing. 

Kyler didn't have a sub 100 yard game in his rookie season. Jordan Love didn't. Lamar Jackson didn't. Daniel Jones didn't. Trevor Lawrence didn't. Baker didn't. Joe Burrow didn't. Mac Jones didn't. 

We'll know it when we see it.

I will say there were a couple of big drops which change the outcomes and statlines a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will say there were a couple of big drops which change the outcomes and statlines a lot.

Yea if Keenan Allen catches that TD, Caleb hits 100. The statline also looks a bit better throwing a TD without a turnover too.

Caleb played terrible. Inaccurate passes, multiple balls batted down at the line of scrimmage, panicked and ran around like a chicken with his head cut off every time the pocket broke down. 

Here's to hoping that the Bears have the coaching staff in place to help him develop. Next week in Houston gonna be a bloodbath if he craps the bed again.