24-25 NFL Thread

A lot of the plays to Swift are big negative plays though because they start him so deep and have him run horizontal to give him that space, and they are getting blown up. 

I still think moving to Roschon/Herbert and giving Thomas Brown the Run Game Coordinator job is the way to go. Hell, look at how Roschon ran at the end. We have a lot of lineman who don't handle bullrushes well, but do really well mauling into the lineman. All of Swifts runs they are just teeing off on the line because if its a pass Swift can't pass block, and if its a run, it will be a weird horizontal run or outside zone and he will crumble at the immediate pressure. 

But the other part, where I am siding with chisoxfn in being excited, is Caleb finally found "what works" for him in targeting Odunze and Kmet as his safety valve. On the blitzes, Kmet was just going to the middle and finding a place to sit. The colts d immediately started to respect it and suddenly Roschon was going hard straight into them with much better boxes.

Still very, very out on Waldron. This was what you would point to as a prototypical bad, waldron game last year. The stats look very efficient. But they scored 16 points, had a bad 3rd down conversion rate, and made a bunch of individual drive killing decisions.

He hasn't gotten better or learned, which was what I was hoping an "experienced" OC would do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

It's looking more and more like Caleb will be playing under a new head coach and learning a brand new offense next year. Where have we seen this movie before? 

Bingo.  This is why it was so stupid not to clean house in the offseason.  I remember numerous people talking about this, including even the numb nuts on sports radio.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

It's looking more and more like Caleb will be playing under a new head coach and learning a brand new offense next year. Where have we seen this movie before? 

If only it was completely predictable that the Bears would mess up the growth of a young QB by letting a lame duck regime f*** up his rookie season 

• Paper Bag 2

9 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Jayden Daniels looking like the real deal...I'm having deju vu 😞

He looks pretty good - but him being good doesn’t mean Caleb is bad. Caleb has gotten better every week and while there will be some bad weeks, I think we will see continued progress. 

43 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Daniels has Caleb's college offensive coordinator who knows how to utilize him... Bears could've hired Kingsbury too but didn't. 

Flus couldn’t have his possible replacement on staff 

12 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

He looks pretty good - but him being good doesn’t mean Caleb is bad. Caleb has gotten better every week and while there will be some bad weeks, I think we will see continued progress. 

He also essentially had no pre season because the morons thought it wasn't necessary.  So this is basically "week one" for him.  This is also a pretty easy few game stretch.   We'll see.

11 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Coaching "it's not close". 

Teammates, obviously he has to say his new teammates...coaching, it's obvious Pittsburgh is doing something right, they are always competitive so they're doing something right, and Tomlin is light years ahead of Flus as a HC and that would include his coaching staff, lol at how fast JF said Pittsburgh tho 😆

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

On 9/23/2024 at 12:21 PM, LittleHurtCG said:

I'm not sold on Caleb as the savior but I am sold that he's better than Fields was. It's just a shame they can't seem to get this right...ever