24-25 NFL Thread

Pryor is fucking trash, has been all game. Caleb was running for his life in the 1Q and Pryor was literally standing still staring at him while the play was still going on.  now he gets tossed for being a moron.

10 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Pryor is fucking trash, has been all game. Caleb was running for his life in the 1Q and Pryor was literally standing still staring at him while the play was still going on.  now he gets tossed for being a moron.

He’s a much better run blocker, hard for me to complain as everything has been better with Pryor vs davis

Nice win! Caleb protected the football and made some big plays. That drive in 2nd half (ended up being ruined by the penalty) was beautiful. He was just dicing up the defense. 

Swift a second straight good game….penalties got in way during 2nd half though but great progress. 2 300 yard games in first 5 games of career and a very strong 1st half today (200 and 2Tds).

I know it was the Panthers but I think the key is that Caleb appears to be improving with more game experience and is starting to catch up with the speed of the NFL compared to college, which was probably a shock to him early on.  And to look this good with still a weak OL is nice to see.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

I watched the steelers/cowboys last night.

Main thoughts: even as I wanted to move on, it was clear Justin Fields was a top 25 QB in the league. The Steelers don't need a lot at QB to win, but he is so much better than what they got with Kenny PIckett. You never know but I 'd be surprised if Russ gets job back.

I think we should have gotten more, but you can see that Arthur Smith is providing about the best offense for him, and Smith didn't even want him. I think it's true that nobody really wants to make an offense around Fields, and 75% of the league is Shanahan/Mcvay now which isn't a great offense for him.

Jalen Tolbert is finally getting more play on the cowboys, even Velus had outplayed him from their 3rd round position. Third rounds under Poles (Pickens, Velus, and I'm gonna throw out Kiran) have been confusing to me.

Kiran may be great and that makes it all moot, but still 3rd round should be solid starters, strange to me to go huge project so soon.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Caleb has an nba worthy shoulder shrug juke move.  Sometimes I have chalked the sack up and he somehow escapes, it’s incredible 

So many times this year I've been like "oh he's in big trouble... wait what? how?!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, almagest said:

So many times this year I've been like "oh he's in big trouble... wait what? how?!"

The called back TD run was something I only thought Fields could do

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The called back TD run was something I only thought Fields could do

Same. Also that play that ended in an interception against the Texans (I think). Everything before that throw was mind-blowing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I watched the steelers/cowboys last night.

Main thoughts: even as I wanted to move on, it was clear Justin Fields was a top 25 QB in the league. The Steelers don't need a lot at QB to win, but he is so much better than what they got with Kenny PIckett. You never know but I 'd be surprised if Russ gets job back.

I think we should have gotten more, but you can see that Arthur Smith is providing about the best offense for him, and Smith didn't even want him. I think it's true that nobody really wants to make an offense around Fields, and 75% of the league is Shanahan/Mcvay now which isn't a great offense for him.

Jalen Tolbert is finally getting more play on the cowboys, even Velus had outplayed him from their 3rd round position. Third rounds under Poles (Pickens, Velus, and I'm gonna throw out Kiran) have been confusing to me.

Kiran may be great and that makes it all moot, but still 3rd round should be solid starters, strange to me to go huge project so soon.

A 4th rounder isn’t an awful return, but yeah, it should have been better (2nd or 3rd rounder).  But the Steelers will have to throw big money at him in the offseason.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

This is the stretch where he needs to look good and he has so far.  Again, them not really playing him in the pre-season was dumb.  Essentially this is the start of his regular NFL game experience being game five.  Anyways, it's super encouraging.

10 minutes ago, soulfly said:

This is the stretch where he needs to look good and he has so far.  Again, them not really playing him in the pre-season was dumb.  Essentially this is the start of his regular NFL game experience being game five.  Anyways, it's super encouraging.

You really want to see him taking steps forward, and it is seemingly like the offense is starting to feature him, instead of the offense being independent of his own skills.