24-25 NFL Thread

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

Caleb good. I like to convince myself that he simply didn't see the safety on the pick he threw. 

Also, Kmet's progression from soft and awful to a legitimately good TE (and longsnapper) is really nice to see. 

Heard Caleb postgame, that ball was supposed to be at the back of the pylon, just under threw it. Bad ball, it happens, but just bad execution by him, in an otherwise great day 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Heard Caleb postgame, that ball was supposed to be at the back of the pylon, just under threw it. Bad ball, it happens, but just bad execution by him, in an otherwise great day 

It was really his only bad pass in the game.  ESPN 1000 was also talking about how the OL has gelled together since the team has basically kicked Nate Davis to the curb with a BS “soft tissue” injury.  “Soft” is right.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

9 hours ago, SoxAce said:

We finally have a fucking QB.... FINALLY!

It was definitely the right move.  Caleb can actually throw it.  Meanwhile, Fields is still the same guy…

14/24 for 145 passing yards, 0 passing TDs

11 rushes for 59 yards, 2 rushing TDs

Edited by WhiteSox2023

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It was really his only bad pass in the game.  ESPN 1000 was also talking about how the OL has gelled together since the team has basically kicked Nate Davis to the curb with a BS “soft tissue” injury.  “Soft” is right.

They clearly needed a few weeks to get going, and playing the Texans in Week 2 didn’t help. They have been fortunate to have a really soft schedule the last 3 weeks, and they need to go 3-1 in their next 4 honestly if they want to be a playoff team. But they are doing exactly what you should be doing to bad teams, and that’s stepping on their neck.

Caleb’s last two weeks have been better than anything Fields did in 3 years here. He’s the real deal, they just have to get this OLine bolstered with some more talent, and hopefully the coaching staff can keep up. They still worry me, but there are a lot of good pieces here. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It was definitely the right move.  Caleb can actually throw it.  Meanwhile, Fields is still the same guy…

14/24 for 145 passing yards, 0 passing TDs

11 rushes for 59 yards, 2 rushing TDs

Happy for Justin though. But man talk about a fun two weeks. Now the bye week and what should be a really good battle between two outstanding rookie qbs. 

Please let this be just the beginning of a super magical run with the Bears!!! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's still learning some of the throws he go away with in college that he can't in the NFL.  When you see some of the throws he is executing, you know he will be fine.

I need to save this post:

”there is nothing you will learn about the nfl in week 1”.

Really impressed by Waldron too. With the exception of the start of a game, he has made huge adjustments to suit the team, and the players have clearly grown in the system too.

Bad defenses the last few weeks but that can be helpful to get timing right and confidence up. 

Scared to play Minnesota tho, won’t be surprised if Caleb had a really big clunker there, and it’s fine if he does.

The north is so good though I’m not sure playoffs is gonna be possible.

The first quarter on both sides of the ball is odd compared to the other three quarters.

O line seems to be holding its own but Minnesota is going to be something as Flores is amazing and creating havoc. 

I'm not concerned with the playoffs as it's just nice to have a competent QB.  The NFC Norris could have the 4 best teams in the NFC by the end of the year. 

Fields is doing Fields things in Pittsburgh which is nice for him but shows that he is what he is. 

8 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Fields is doing Fields things in Pittsburgh which is nice for him but shows that he is what he is. 

Game manager who can use his legs as a pressure relief valve. Not a difference maker but still quite useful.

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

With 6 full games under his belt, the Bears basically need another 2.5 games played by Fields to upgrade the pick they get from the Steelers.

And given that Fields hasn't been great but the Steelers have still been winning, you have to think that went into the decision by Pittsburgh. If Fields isn't giving them great production but the team can still be successful, why not see if Russ can do the same, and save them having to give up a 4th? 

30 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Amari Cooper to the Bills for a 3rd

how the hell are Amari Cooper and Davante Adams both going for a 3rd

Amari Cooper I guess is only going to Bills for 825k against the cap, I think Adams is going to be much higher.

30 minutes ago, bmags said:

Amari Cooper I guess is only going to Bills for 825k against the cap, I think Adams is going to be much higher.

I looked up Spotrac and Adams deal actually is pretty clean, the per year is heavy but very little cap mess.  Basically a 2/70M deal 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/14463/davante-adams

58 minutes ago, Tony said:

And given that Fields hasn't been great but the Steelers have still been winning, you have to think that went into the decision by Pittsburgh. If Fields isn't giving them great production but the team can still be successful, why not see if Russ can do the same, and save them having to give up a 4th? 

Oh they 100% were considering giving up a couple of more rounds in this pick.