24-25 NFL Thread

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Bears had no business winning that game.  The Titans outplayed them for 2.5 quarters.  But Levis’s brain farts and the Bears defense changed the game.

Special teams too

Levis is awful. 

I expected Caleb to struggle a little bit, but that was a lot. The batted passes and the overthrows seemed so uncharacteristic of him. They've gotta work on him throwing with a higher arm angle on passes over the middle.  Hopefully that is his worst game this year, cause doing that against a competent team would have been a blow out loss. 

Also the defense is the real deal. Outside of like 2 drives they gave the Titans nothing. 

Edited by chw42

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Levis is awful. 

I expected Caleb to struggle a little bit, but that was a lot. The batted passes and the overthrows seemed so uncharacteristic of him. They've gotta work on him throwing with a higher arm angle on passes over the middle.  Hopefully that is his worst game this year, cause doing that against a competent team would have been a blow out loss. 

Also the defense is the real deal. Outside of like 2 drives they gave the Titans nothing. 

Yep, too many tipped passes and he doesn’t have Fields’ height.

Nice way to battle back. He is a rookie and Titans dline did good. He left some throws out there but I expect him to get better. There was some miscommunication out there and that one dropped td - he also had some other shots for big plays but hey defense really turned it in in the 2nd half and they stayed at it. 

35 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Couple of big drops and the offense looks completely different. 

And no interceptions or lost fumbles by Caleb. He kept missing on home run balls, but he didn't lose them the game like Levis.

Speaking of no interceptions or lost fumbles: Fields had a good game against Atlanta. 200 combined yards. The 4th rounder may be in sight.

As for the 2nd pick from the Panthers, uhhh

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

And no interceptions or lost fumbles by Caleb. He kept missing on home run balls, but he didn't lose them the game like Levis.

Speaking of no interceptions or lost fumbles: Fields had a good game against Atlanta. 200 combined yards. The 4th rounder may be in sight.

As for the 2nd pick from the Panthers, uhhh

They would be best to roll with Fields and see if he’s worth giving an extension to.  Russell Wilson is toast.

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

They would be best to roll with Fields and see if he’s worth giving an extension to.  Russell Wilson is toast.

I really hope JF turns it around and has a nice career, he's a good kid and we shouldn't have hard feelings towards him.

• Like 3

Caleb was definitely played out by the D/ST but that game showed all the reasons why I wasn't high on him coming out of USC. Hopefully he plays better going forward but he was Bryce Young bad today. 

14 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I really hope JF turns it around and has a nice career, he's a good kid and we shouldn't have hard feelings towards him.

I don't think many in Chicago do have bad feelings for Justin. He's a good dude, got a pretty raw deal in Chicago but also just didn't develop the way they needed him to. Best case is Caleb is great, and so is Justin. Everyone wins. Plus, would love to get that 4th this year from Pitt.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I really can’t believe that they put Velus back in the game after that fumble.  

He needs to go.  The guy has had more negative plays than positive.  You cannot have a guy sitting back on returns who muffs a third of them back to the other team for a quick red zone appearance.

On 9/8/2024 at 3:03 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

Bears had no business winning that game.  The Titans outplayed them for 2.5 quarters.  But Levis’s brain farts and the Bears defense changed the game.

It seemed like last season we were snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, it's nice to see them win one they should have lost. 

22 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I'm glad the team worked with him to find a situation where he has a better chance for success. 

I was reading this is the first #1 overall pick to win his debut game at QB since 2002. I think that highlights that instant success isn't really a thing in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It seemed like last season we were snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, it's nice to see them win one they should have lost. 

In a sense, it was actually better to see them win ugly yesterday than if they rolled. It shows that the team is able to win even when they shouldn’t. The defense picked up the offense, and it’s likely to happen in the opposite direction at some point. The offense will clearly get better (barring injuries).

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm glad the team worked with him to find a situation where he has a better chance for success. 

I was reading this is the first #1 overall pick to win his debut game at QB since 2002. I think that highlights that instant success isn't really a thing in the NFL.

Since the future HOFer David Carr, I believe.

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Poetic that it was Velus Jones running the ball when it happened. As if he couldn't get any more hated by this fanbase. 

For sure.  Reminds me of whoever blew up Dickman had no business even being on the field if I remember right.  Ended Dickman’s breakout momentum

40 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

For sure.  Reminds me of whoever blew up Dickman had no business even being on the field if I remember right.  Ended Dickman’s breakout momentum

Who?