Could we Match (or beat) Phillies from 1938 - 1942?

Texsox

Phillies had a truly craptastic stretch from 1938 to 1942

• 1938 - 45 wins
  • 1939 - 45 wins
  • 1940 - 50 wins
  • 1941 - 43 wins
  • 1942 - 42 wins

Could JR be setting his sights on something beyond anything we've seen? 

They will definitely beat those records this season, but I doubt they will put up those kind of numbers for 5 straight seasons.  Maybe 2 or 3?

And Jerry is setting his sights on a new concession item for next year that can top the Campfire Milkshake.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

They will definitely beat those records this season, but I doubt they will put up those kind of numbers for 5 straight seasons.  Maybe 2 or 3?

And Jerry is setting his sights on a new concession item for next year that can top the Campfire Milkshake.

I don’t think there is any reason to assume they could pull their way out of the dumpster in three years.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Phillies had a truly craptastic stretch from 1938 to 1942

• 1938 - 45 wins
  • 1939 - 45 wins
  • 1940 - 50 wins
  • 1941 - 43 wins
  • 1942 - 42 wins

Could JR be setting his sites on something beyond anything we've seen? 

it's possible assuming he still is in control of the franchise. 

They will lose 100+ next year for sure. 2026 is probably the earliest we will see them get out of 100 loss territory and even then it depends on if they spend any money to get actual MLB players on the roster or they just hope and pray every prospect develops.

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

They will lose 100+ next year for sure. 2026 is probably the earliest we will see them get out of 100 loss territory and even then it depends on if they spend any money to get actual MLB players on the roster or they just hope and pray every prospect develops.

To be above 100 losses in 2026, they need a LOT to go right very quickly.  There still is a very minimal amount of offensive potential and even more so in the upper levls of the minor league system.  Unless we clean up in the Crochet and Robert trades for 4-5 high end hitters, I don't see where enough offense is even going to come from for a LONG time.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be above 100 losses in 2026, they need a LOT to go right very quickly.  There still is a very minimal amount of offensive potential and even more so in the upper levls of the minor league system.  Unless we clean up in the Crochet and Robert trades for 4-5 high end hitters, I don't see where enough offense is even going to come from for a LONG time.

I tend to agree with this, especially after seeing the player profile Getz has been acquiring. They have a very long way to go to get out of 100 loss seasons, the absolute best case scenario for that is 2026 but as you said, a lot needs to break right.