9/9- Sox vs Guardians, 6:40

flavum

• Capn12 pinned this topic
Just now, Rusty said:

I know that there are severe roster limitations and who knows what he’s being told from the executive offices but some of Sizemores decisions seemingly make zero sense.

Best guess is they aren't his decisions. This has looked no different than the Pedro lead team. Since they already made it clear he is not going to be the manager here, seems pretty obvious the call on who to play is coming from the front office. It probably was the same deal when Pedro was here as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Best guess is they aren't his decisions. This has looked no different than the Pedro lead team. Since they already made it clear he is not going to be the manager here, seems pretty obvious the call on who to play is coming from the front office. It probably was the same deal when Pedro was here as well.

Which is extra-ordinarily disappointing for a rising guy like Sizemore.  I’m sure other franchises know how dysfunctional the Sox are but this can’t be helping his future career prospects.  I don’t know why he, or almost any other candidate with legitimate long term career aspirations would take a job with the Sox.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Which is extra-ordinarily disappointing for a rising guy like Sizemore.  I’m sure other franchises know how dysfunctional the Sox are but this can’t be helping his future career prospects.  I don’t know why he, or almost any other candidate with legitimate long term career aspirations would take a job with the Sox.

Sizemore was SO FAR DOWN THE LINE that this still works as a springboard for him. He was literally on a $15 an hour internship with the D-Backs last season that he had to talk himself into, if he parleys this into a minor league manager position for a couple years or a base coach slot for some other team, that's a pretty solid move forward. You could literally think of him actually managing again in 5 or 10 years and no one would remember this, all he'd have to say in an interview was give it as an example of how a GM and manager should not work.

• Like 1

The next guy will also be a placeholder who will have to buy into whatever player development scheme the organization is pushing.  

Here's a guy that JR might want to take a look at -- Bobby Cox. JR seems to like bringing back Hall of Fame managers LOL

He's probably 80 years old by now. They could swap stories about the days before electricity and night games. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Either the Sox are stupid, or they hate Ramos so much, they are begging for Vargas to be a 3B.

We know #1 is true, why not both? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

I know that there are severe roster limitations and who knows what he’s being told from the executive offices but some of Sizemores decisions seemingly make zero sense.

Either they’re Getz’s poor decisions to begin with or they’re Grady’s decisions and Getz is doing nothing about it. Either way, Getz is to blame.

The Sox rolled over and stunk against KC all season, so they owe it to the Guardians to continue to stink for Cleveland this series. Sox have gotten the Royals back on track 2-3 times already this season. They should be fair to Cleveland and get swept by the Guardians too.

59 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Does anyone know why MLB.TV now shows the Sox pre and post game with Chuck and Ozzie when they would black it out in the past?  I’m not sure why or when it changed.  Does anyone know?

How was Ozzie as an analyst postgame all season? Was he ultra negative? Who were his main guys to criticize?

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Does anyone know why MLB.TV now shows the Sox pre and post game with Chuck and Ozzie when they would black it out in the past?  I’m not sure why or when it changed.  Does anyone know?

My guess is that NBC Sports Chicago got some pushback from MLB.TV. 28/30 teams were allowed on pre/post game when the Sox were still blacked out. It became available about 4-5 weeks ago. I noticed it immediately (as did some of us other non-Chicagoans) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

My guess is that NBC Sports Chicago got some pushback from MLB.TV. 28/30 teams were allowed on pre/post game when the Sox were still blacked out. It became available about 4-5 weeks ago. I noticed it immediately (as did some of us other non-Chicagoans) 

Sorry it was actually 2 months. Just went back in my post history Sox pre/post was added Jul 1st.

Start of this season 28 teams were available. https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/subscription-access-pre-post-game

• Thanks 1