Sox Quote of the Day 9/9...

Lip Man 1

From Scott Merkin , Getz met the media today before the game apparently:

"If you would have told me we were going to end up flirting with the record, I would have been a little surprised. Now if you would have told me prior to the year that we would have ended up with over 100 losses, 105, 110, I wouldn't have been as surprised." ---Chris Getz 

It never ceases to amaze me how bad they are at PR/Media Relations. Just shocking levels of incompetence, but that checks out with the rest of the organization. 

• Like 4

And before the “wait and see” crowd comes in to defend their White Knight, there are multiple issues fans should take issue with regarding this specific quote. 

1. It’s detached completely from what the owner told fans right around this time last year. Last season was supposed to be the “worst season Jerry had ever been through” and he didn’t want to “waste a year” and believed the core was good enough to see marked improvement from 2023. It was the main reason Getz was brought in, according to the owner. 

2. I did a quick search from other beat reporters and it doesn’t look like much was offered up after this quote, doesn’t look like context was missing. Where is the quote about this not being acceptable, we’re incredibly disappointed about what was put on the field, we vow to do better, etc. None of that. Instead, it’s “Welp, these were the cards we were dealt, sorry about that.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

And before the “wait and see” crowd comes in to defend their White Knight, there are multiple issues fans should take issue with regarding this specific quote. 

1. It’s detached completely from what the owner told fans right around this time last year. Last season was supposed to be the “worst season Jerry had ever been through” and he didn’t want to “waste a year” and believed the core was good enough to see marked improvement from 2023. It was the main reason Getz was brought in, according to the owner. 

2. I did a quick search from other beat reporters and it doesn’t look like much was offered up after this quote, doesn’t look like context was missing. Where is the quote about this not being acceptable, we’re incredibly disappointed about what was put on the field, we vow to do better, etc. None of that. Instead, it’s “Welp, these were the cards we were dealt, sorry about that.”

And I am sure no follow up questions. 

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

You will be told by two posters that you are stupid for listening to anything that the owner or new GM said in those press conferences.

Which is funny because that means the owner and GM failed miserably this season, were full of s%*#, or are liars.  I think it is all three.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Huh, Mr Deer In Headlights at his into presser is a little surprised his team of washed up has-beens and never-were's is flirting with the modern era loss record.

Good to know he is as dumb as he is bad at his job...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

If you knew you’d be this bad, then why have so many of the acquisitions been for “near-ready” prospects or the awful Bummer deal?

Not to mention the roster roulette that Captain Panic was playing for a couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You will be told by two posters that you are stupid for listening to anything that the owner or new GM said in those press conferences.

Which is funny because that means the owner and GM failed miserably this season, were full of s%*#, or are liars.  I think it is all three.

I think it’s pretty simple.

JR is completely full of s%*# and anything he says shouldn’t be used against Getz

…Because…

Getz is clearly bad at this on his own and we don’t need disingenuous quotes from JR to help prove that

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From Scott Merkin , Getz met the media today before the game apparently:

"If you would have told me we were going to end up flirting with the record, I would have been a little surprised. Now if you would have told me prior to the year that we would have ended up with over 100 losses, 105, 110, I wouldn't have been as surprised." ---Chris Getz 

This clown said the roster he put together at the beginning of the year was going to be competitive, competitive teams don’t lose 100+ games.

• Like 1

I'm surprised he didn't use the bad starts and early injuries of key players as excuses.  3 starters went down very early, and Benintendi and Vaughn had horrible starts.  Then there was Maldonado.  I'm also surprised they won 33 games.

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

This clown said the roster he put together at the beginning of the year was going to be competitive, competitive teams don’t lose 100+ games.

The other thing I don't get is he said he wouldn't have been surprised if they lost 110. If you think you're bad enough to lose 110, why would it be surprising you are record bound? He's trying Hahn spin, and he's not as good as the master.

And if you think you're losing that much, why are you signing Tommy Pham?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I'm surprised he didn't use the bad starts and early injuries of key players as excuses.  3 starters went down very early, and Benintendi and Vaughn had horrible starts.  Then there was Maldonado.  I'm also surprised they won 33 games.

Why would they be excuses when they do the same thing every season.?  Counting on them was a mistake