Sox Quote of the Day 9/9...

Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Why would they be excuses when they do the same thing every season.?  Counting on them was a mistake 

Hope that all of their young players pan out, dumpster dive to fill in their holes with vets that are near or past retirement, and pray for no injuries.

This is White Sox baseball.

This comment from a friend and a long time Sox fan summed things up pretty well:

"It’s sickening. And it’s also a lie, because while a GM has to walk a line (sell tickets!) Getz absolutely did not feel anything near this way in spring. He 100% thought he’d improved the team, even if by a game and I’m guessing he thought sheer luck would cap him at 90 losses. So beyond the absolute offense we take at his casual words now, he’s also lying. This isn’t about 2000 or 2010, where memories fade, this is six friggin months ago.

I am not so much of a diehard that they still can’t kill my fandom. I’ll always carry it with me but it is a flickering ember at this point. And seemingly we are not yet at bottom."

21 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This comment from a friend and a long time Sox fan summed things up pretty well:

"It’s sickening. And it’s also a lie, because while a GM has to walk a line (sell tickets!) Getz absolutely did not feel anything near this way in spring. He 100% thought he’d improved the team, even if by a game and I’m guessing he thought sheer luck would cap him at 90 losses. So beyond the absolute offense we take at his casual words now, he’s also lying. This isn’t about 2000 or 2010, where memories fade, this is six friggin months ago.

I am not so much of a diehard that they still can’t kill my fandom. I’ll always carry it with me but it is a flickering ember at this point. And seemingly we are not yet at bottom."

Is this from someone who talks to Getz or is this speculation?

8 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

The sticking point here isn't what he said in spring, it is what he believed in the spring.  It is very different if he said they improved, but was privately saying they would look 100 games,versus if he said they improved and spring and is now downplaying it because it looks bad.

4 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

What he said publicly about how he felt about the team in ST is different than what he said publicly now. 

So either he was lying then or he's lying now.  Either way, not a good look.

Trying to gaslight the fans and JR

• Thanks 1