Sox "gathering names" in MGR search

southsider2k5

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/09/09/white-sox-getz-collecting-names-in-manager-search

‘‘We’ve built out a process that we feel very good about,’’ Getz said. ‘‘Simultaneously, we’ve been able to collect names through referrals or our own research, and we feel pretty good about the amount of candidates that we have. Once we get our season to the finish line, we’ll devote more time and begin the interview process.

‘‘It’s really about understanding what we feel is the best fit for the Chicago White Sox and finding the criteria we feel is going to make for a strong decision in the end.’’

Getz said he wants to be respectful of contending teams and doesn’t have a timeline.

Yeah, that was really vague. He was asked to provide more detail later and didn't. I can excuse some of it because its not the end of the season yet, but you should still know what you want. The decision has probably been made for him already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

‘‘We’ve built out a process that we feel very good about,’’ 

May god have mercy on us all...

Do they think it's innovative to have a process to hire the right candidate for a position?

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

‘‘We’ve built out a process that we feel very good about,’’ 

May god have mercy on us all...

They can't even show us an example of a Process they've gone through or established that has worked...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The headline totally sounds like a threat.

The manager I want to see (no joke) is Ricky Renteria.

Say what you will about his 2020 late-season and postseason managerial moves, but he knows how to help players grow, even on losing teams.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

The manager I want to see (no joke) is Ricky Renteria.

Say what you will about his 2020 late-season and postseason managerial moves, but he knows how to help players grow, even on losing teams.

Being out of the game for years is generally a criteria. Either being passed over or not actively looking to be a manager, is something JR values. Toss in JR lamenting that "letting him leave was my second biggest mistake" would be icing on the turd.