Sox "gathering names" in MGR search

southsider2k5

I want a computer. Let's skip all this human baseball b.s. and find a programmer who will just use modern data. I'd prefer a PC/Android combination but Apple products might be a better fit for the players and the videos won't be fucked up when they are shared. 

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I literally can't describe something I have seen change since Pedro left.

It’s almost like the GM providing the managers a pathetic lineup that can’t score run with a terrible pitching staff makes it hard to win games.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Has he been that bad? What can you do when you are managing a pile of s%*#?

He shouldn’t be on any short lists because he’s massively inexperienced at coaching. Right now there are literally hundreds of better candidates. With time that may change, but I wouldn’t want him organizing a full spring training plan when he’s been a part of 1 spring training since 2017.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2024 at 7:13 AM, Dick Allen said:

His strategy is to delay, delay, delay so he's employed longer. 

Also Royals almost certainly make the playoffs so he wants to be “respectful” before asking permission to interview their current staff.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

19-83, 6-46. I understand it's a rebuild. but this is ridiculous How does he keep his job.

Plenty of other GMs have taken over messes and not managed to have this awful of a season. He deserves blame too. Maybe even more so since he was with the organization during the other regime as well.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Plenty of other GMs have taken over messes and not managed to have this awful of a season. He deserves blame too. Maybe even more so since he was with the organization during the other regime as well.

Earlier I saw some Bryce Young "highlights" and realized Chris Getz would have made that trade.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Especially when you are picking 10th at best. He is showing what he is. If time is of the essence, he needs to be shown the door today.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Texsox said:

I want a computer. Let's skip all this human baseball b.s. and find a programmer who will just use modern data. I'd prefer a PC/Android combination but Apple products might be a better fit for the players and the videos won't be fucked up when they are shared. 

Im a little too old to understand all the ChatGPT/AI stuff but I mean…what happens when you just ask it “who should be the next manager of the Chicago White Sox”?  I certainly trust Siri or Alexa way more than Getz, TLR, and JR.

Edited by Rusty

15 hours ago, ron883 said:

Has he been that bad? What can you do when you are managing a pile of s%*#?

The lineups have been puzzling but I assume the rest of MLB knows it’s not him making those decisions.  To your point, the entire 26 man roster has maybe 4 or 5 MLB caliber players on it.  You can’t really do much with that.  They commonly field a batting order that doesn’t have a single guy hitting over .250 and last night had 4 hitters below a .600 ops, another 4 below .700 and the highest and final player… .704.  That combined with a bunch of minor league pitchers; you aren’t going to win a lot of Major League Baseball games.  Pedro was a doofus but even in his defense, this really is the most horribly constructed team in baseball history.  With no real immediate and impactful help on the horizon from the minor leagues, the only way to fix the team quickly is to throw hundreds of millions of dollars at free agents which…the Sox have not done a singular time in franchise history so…its gonna take a while to dig out of this hole.  It’s also a major problem when your GM is getting fleeced in trades on the return for the few marketable pieces the team does have.  

Edited by Rusty

34 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Literally in the history of baseball, this has not happened.  There are excuses, and then there are fantasies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

Im a little too old to understand all the ChatGPT/AI stuff but I mean…what happens when you just ask it “who should be the next manager of the Chicago White Sox”?  I certainly trust Siri or Alexa way more than Getz, TLR, and JR.

Here you go

* Skip Schumaker is a strong candidate with recent managerial experience and potential availability.

* A.J. Pierzynski is a familiar face with a strong personality who could bring excitement.

* Sergio Santos is a rising star in the coaching ranks with early success.

Other potential candidates include John Gibbons and Chris Fetter.

Ultimately, the best choice depends on the White Sox's priorities and vision for the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomas said:

Getz is horrible.  He needs to go bye-bye.  Instead the Sox will let this LOSER choose the next manager.  Simply unbelievable. 

His awful trades should absolutely terrify everyone about this coming offseason

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 3:36 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Don't rule it out.

JR would never ask his best bud to manage a team this awful. He wants to let someone else do the hard work in managing the team until they’re ready to compete. Then he’d hire TLR to come in when they’re ready to win. 

On 9/10/2024 at 1:14 PM, Milkman delivers said:

That list:

Skip Schumaker

S. Schumaker

Skip S.

Jared Schumaker

J.M. Schumaker

I’m going to laugh my ass off when Skip Schumacher shuns the White Sox and takes another managerial job. Why would he want to be a part of this mess if he has options?

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2024 at 4:25 PM, fathom said:

His awful trades should absolutely terrify everyone about this coming offseason

I was in Iowa over last weekend visiting and someone asked me "hey, what happened to the Sox anyways?"

I proceeded to go on a tirade about Getz until I realized it really was just a rhetorical question so I said "can't score, can't play defense and if they ever have a lead the bullpen usually just blows it before the 9th....they basically just stink"

Why is Skip Schumacher the flavor of the week? Why's he so great? Can u imagine when he interviews with Jerry? Hopefully some of these guys tell Jerry what he doesn't want to hear. That his team is pathetic, has a mediocre at best minor league system and it's probably going to take at least five years to win. To tell him their trading pieces of Robert and Crochet will NOT bring a haul and the absence of Crochet will make the pitching staff even worse. But we have to trade him to 'try' to get 3-4 guys who are either MLB ready or close to it. Telling Jerry that Vaughn and Sheets are our best two sluggers on paper but they are not good. And that Fletcher and all those guys like Colas are not good either. And of course that Beni would not start for any other team. He also cannot hit.

Jerry ... give me five years is the message a smart manager would give to JR.

Edited by greg775