9/10 Game Thread

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Sox still think Sheets is worth something apparently.  Why they don’t want to just eat Lopez’s contract, I have no idea.

Especially when Ramos, Baldwin, Jacob Gonzalez and Montgomery are supposed to be the future...but are either hurt or very much NOT ready quite yet.

Can pretty much cross Sosa off the list at this point, right?

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Especially when Ramos, Baldwin, Jacob Gonzalez and Montgomery are supposed to be the future...but are either hurt or very much NOT ready quite yet.

Can pretty much cross Sosa off the list at this point, right?

Sheets and Lopez will both be in the 2025 opening day lineup.

38 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Sheets and Lopez will both be in the 2025 opening day lineup.

Sheets, possibly.  I’m very confident Nicky will be non-tendered.  Even Getz can’t be stupid enough to double-down on the guy.  He’s terrible.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

39 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sheets, possibly.  I’m very confident Nicky will be non-tendered.  Even Getz can’t be stupid enough to double-down on the guy.  He’s terrible.

Bro, they need vet leaders.

Imagine where we'd have been without luminaries like Tommy Pham and Martin Maldonado

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

Bro, they need vet leaders.

Imagine where we'd have been without luminaries like Tommy Pham and Martin Maldonado

Pham wasn’t a horrible signing.  He was cheap and they signed him due to injuries (Robert and Eloy).  He started out hot and then cratered by the deadline.  Worth a shot for $1.5 million plus incentives.  However, Pham did eventually conflict with getting guys like Fletcher, DeLoach, and Colas at bats.

But Lopez and Oldy Moldy were just terrible acquisitions to begin with.  Did anyone think they would have good seasons other than Getz?  He didn’t need advanced scouting and analytics to answer that question.  He could’ve just looked on the back of their baseball cards.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

14 home losses in a row. New record. 1-22 at home since the All Star break. Embrace it.

Isn't that home record even worse if u go several games before the break? I wonder if Sox home record is worse in modern history and I wonder if that 1-22 is worse since the break in modern history. Their record really looks impossible to attain on paper. When u see 33 wins, 113 losses in mid September, OMG. Please tell me why there's no public reprimand from the commish. This season will never be forgotten. Unless next season is worse.

So we are in mid September and the Sox have had no highlights this season. Isn't that amazing? None.

Maybe Crochet had some sensational outing of Ks or something to maybe qualify as a highlight but night in and out all the Sox did was lose. I wonder if Reinsdorf even talks about the White Sox with friends. Should be a taboo subject.

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Pham wasn’t a horrible signing.  He was cheap and they signed him due to injuries (Robert and Eloy).  He started out hot and then cratered by the deadline.  Worth a shot for $1.5 million plus incentives.  However, Pham did eventually conflict with getting guys like Fletcher, DeLoach, and Colas at bats.

But Lopez and Oldy Moldy were just terrible acquisitions to begin with.  Did anyone think they would have good seasons other than Getz?  He didn’t need advanced scouting and analytics to answer that question.  He could’ve just looked on the back of their baseball cards.

If the GM expected 105-110 losses, Pham served zero purpose. Getz later said RH hitting OF had no value on the market. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

So we are in mid September and the Sox have had no highlights this season. Isn't that amazing? None.

Maybe Crochet had some sensational outing of Ks or something to maybe qualify as a highlight but night in and out all the Sox did was lose. I wonder if Reinsdorf even talks about the White Sox with friends. Should be a taboo subject.

I doubt if JR has friends.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

If the GM expected 105-110 losses, Pham served zero purpose. Getz later said RH hitting OF had no value on the market. 

He thought he was going to flip him for something.  Obviously that was a bust.  He had much worse acquisitions than Pham.  That’s how good Getz is at being bad.  And even his one really good signing (Fedde), he managed to turn to s%*# (Vargas).

Getz has to hang his hat on signing DeJong and Grossman.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

34 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He thought he was going to flip him for something.  Obviously that was a bust.  He had much worse acquisitions than Pham.  That’s how good Getz is at being bad.  And even his one really good signing (Fedde), he managed to turn to s%*# (Vargas).

Getz has to hang his hat on signing DeJong and Grossman.

Westeddy gets wood when you mention those guys.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Isn't that home record even worse if u go several games before the break? I wonder if Sox home record is worse in modern history and I wonder if that 1-22 is worse since the break in modern history. Their record really looks impossible to attain on paper. When u see 33 wins, 113 losses in mid September, OMG. Please tell me why there's no public reprimand from the commish. This season will never be forgotten. Unless next season is worse.

It will be.

8 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

14 home losses in a row. New record. 1-22 at home since the All Star break. Embrace it.

Is that an all-time record or team record?

10 hours ago, fathom said:

Why are López and Sheets getting any at bats still?

Gotta get our future DH some swings. And I may not be talking about Sheets.

• Haha 1