9/11 Game Thread

Baggy pants buffoons. from DVS post game story:

"Lane Thomas beat out a slow roller to third baseman Miguel Vargas with two outs in the first inning, allowing Steven Kwan to score easily and Jose Ramirez to race all the way from second with run number two.

When Thomas beat second baseman Lenyn Sosa’s throw to first for an infield single in the third after Sosa’s diving stop in the third with two outs, Kwan and a hustling Andres Gimenez scored.

Adding to the “what’s next?” element of the afternoon — and season — Gimenez was on base because first baseman Andrew Vaughn was late getting to the bag after picking up Gimenez’ tapper in the infield grass. If “lollygagging” comes to mind, you’re not far off.

It’s not something that has come to mind at all in the case of Vaughn. Perhaps he just miscalculated Gimenez’ speed.

Fans in the small afternoon crowd let Vaughn hear it, piling on when Vaughn successfully fielded the exact same play when Ramirez grounded to first right after Gimenez’ at-bat."

All you can do is laugh at the baseball-stupidity. 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

They seriously shouldn’t win a game the rest of the season.  Not only is it the worst roster ever assembled in league history but the players and coaching staff are completely checked out.  That combination won’t win many Major League Baseball games.

Eh, they still have the A’s and Angels coming up. I could see them winning as many as 4 games between those series. They are out of contention too.

Of course the Sox could get swept by both. 😆

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Eh, they still have the A’s and Angels coming up. I could see them winning as many as 4 games between those series. They are out of contention too.

Of course the Sox could get swept by both. 😆

Cleveland scored TWO runs on INFIELD singles TWICE today.  The White Sox are basically a Little League team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Cleveland scored TWO runs on INFIELD singles TWICE today.  The White Sox are basically a Little League team.

But they’re actually a good team. The A’s and Angels are two of the worst teams in baseball. I could see a couple wins in there.

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

But they’re actually a good team. The A’s and Angels are two of the worst teams in baseball. I could see a couple wins in there.

The A's went 15-9 in July and 14-12 in August, 4-5 so far in September. They have been a pretty darn good team the last 3 months and look on a good track, other than the Sacramento crap. They were almost White Sox bad in June so they're out of it, but this is one of the better teams in the AL since July 1.

The Angels went 9-19 in August so it would be genuinely surprising to be swept by them. They're bad and playing bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

I'm not as down on some other players as most of the people on this board. But . . .  I am absolutely ready for the Gavin Sheets experiment to end. 

What else do we need to see: he can't hit and he can't field. 

He’s a bench player that is starting, like most of the entire lineup.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Not even. Brings nothing to the table. I’d say AAAA guy/minor league depth at best.

Yep.  I was being kind.  I would say the majority of our starting lineup is bad bench players at their best.

Sheets could be DFA right now and it wouldn’t matter at all.  For some reason the Sox think he’s worth keeping around.  All that “lefty power” that he doesn’t have I guess…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Man, Vaughn had been on one of his hot streaks. Shoulda sat this one out today. 0-for-5 and defensive lousiness.

Once again Sox just what the doctor ordered for Cleveland. Easy sweep. Only fair since the Royals and Twins own the Sox, too.

12 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The A's went 15-9 in July and 14-12 in August, 4-5 so far in September. They have been a pretty darn good team the last 3 months and look on a good track, other than the Sacramento crap. They were almost White Sox bad in June so they're out of it, but this is one of the better teams in the AL since July 1.

The Angels went 9-19 in August so it would be genuinely surprising to be swept by them. They're bad and playing bad.

I’m just trying not to get my hopes up. I want this record. And I want it to be shattered, if possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1