Reinsdorf releases statement to say he'll speak more later

Sleepy Harold

40 plus years of your bull 💩 Jerry, you are a civic embarrassment to Chicago and the day you no longer own the team will be a celebration long coming for a starved fan base. You will go down in history as one the worst owners organized sports has ever seen. :chair

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I would like to think that the 2025 White Sox season will be better than the 2024 season.

If you mean instead of losing 125 games they'll "only" lose 110 maybe you are right.

Or maybe they'll even come close to playing .400 baseball! 😆

24 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I would like to think that the 2025 White Sox season will be better than the 2024 season.

Well, even if Robert and Crochet managed to outperform (assuming they're not traded prior to the season), it's still going to require the front office to execute great trades.

Evidence of the ability to do that so far is scant, at best.

You're looking at Cannon, Martin, maybe Thorpe, cheap veteran ala Flexen...mystery name as your rotation.

And the bullpen?   Where are they going to get/see improvements defensively?   Robert was/is their sole Gold Glove-caliber player...Lopez will HOPEFULLY be gone, those are your two "plus" guys defensively, along with MAYBE Fletcher if he can repeat his unprecedented defensive metrics in RF (and NOT CF to replace Robert).

22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If you mean instead of losing 125 games they'll "only" lose 110 maybe you are right.

Or maybe they'll even come close to playing .400 baseball! 😆

Not in our lifetime unless you consider 300 is close to 400

2 hours ago, whitesoxwinner said:

@raBBit mentioning the last sentence is of interest on twitter. Could he be announcing the intention to sell or the plans to build a new stadium?? Anyone with inside scoop here have any clue? 

This is just a guess. Again he's not selling while he is alive because of the capital gains tax hit as well as the additional Illinois tax hit. 

I'm guessing he'll say along the lines of how this is a disappointment, it is not acceptable and the organization is doing everything they can to correct it (LOL) and because this is JR and he is tone-deaf he'll use this disaster and again plug for a new taxpayer funded stadium saying how it will be good for the franchise (translation: him and his family) and the fan base. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This is just a guess. Again he's not selling while he is alive because of the capital gains tax hit as well as the additional Illinois tax hit. 

I'm guessing he'll say along the lines of how this is a disappointment, it is not acceptable and the organization is doing everything they can to correct it (LOL) and because this is JR and he is tone-deaf he's use this disaster and again plug for a new taxpayer funded stadium saying how it will be good for the franchise (translation: him and his family) and the fan base. 

That's rich, the only thing to save the team is a new stadium, which at best would inject life into the franchise for 2-3 years unless they dramatically have improved their on-field product.

Pretty similar between the 4-5 year boost in season ticket sales from winning a World Series AND the comparative boost from opening a new stadium.

So what exactly was the point of this statement? Is there a ton of people on sports radio asking why Reinsdorf isn't talking about this season? Did the 1 year anniversary of him hiring Getz cause a lot of people to quote him from last year and that got under his skin? 

This is just going to give people a target to focus on other than Domestic Violence Enthusiast Chris Getz for a little while I guess, maybe that's part of it? 

Why would a PR staff suggest he put out a statement like this? Would they tell him not to? 

I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

So what exactly was the point of this statement? Is there a ton of people on sports radio asking why Reinsdorf isn't talking about this season? Did the 1 year anniversary of him hiring Getz cause a lot of people to quote him from last year and that got under his skin? 

This is just going to give people a target to focus on other than Domestic Violence Enthusiast Chris Getz for a little while I guess, maybe that's part of it? 

Why would a PR staff suggest he put out a statement like this? Would they tell him not to? 

I don't get it.

First off JR has made it clear if he wants to do something he is going to do it (See hiring TLR) and it doesn't matter what his staff says but according to what has been posted at the Sox site and as part of DVS Sun-Times story, more and more of the media were asking to get a statement from him especially now with the national media focusing on the ineptitude.  

31 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't get it.

Deflection.  He felt he had to make some sort of statement because the media was asking.  So he made sure to release this BS before his team sets the record for futility.  Now he gets to avoid the media for when the team actually makes history and the cynicism about him as an owner is at full force.

And I doubt Jerry listens to anyone, even his PR team.  Jerry does what Jerry wants, which usually makes him look like a clown.  But that’s what happens when you have a huge ego.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

Look the idea that this was "planned" is absurd.  You don't make the moves the Sox made, both in the off season and during it, if you plan on losing 110 games.  You look to push upur future ahead, and not worthless short term flotsam.  It's insulting to try to play both sides of the fence.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The core of Robert and Crochet that's about to be traded for a "new and better" foundation of Vargas Fletcher and...

That quote by Ricky Dish was probably in the off season. It was not a part of the press release So it was likely from any time after Getz was hired and before Spring training. Guy shouldve dated the quote . It's  obvious JR back then was talking about the remaing hitting core of the often injured trio of Robert, Moncada and Jimenez who all played true to their injury filled careers.

Just more BS from JR to contrast against today's BS statement.

2 hours ago, Soxfest said:

40 plus years of your bull 💩 Jerry, you are a civic embarrassment to Chicago and the day you no longer own the team will be a celebration long coming for a starved fan base. You will go down in history as one the worst owners organized sports has ever seen. :chair

I have no regrets on bailing on this team this year. Over the years I have watched my share of White Sox baseball, but sorry not this. I may be back and I may not be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't get it.

This is what I am struggling with - there has to be something more to this…