Reinsdorf releases statement to say he'll speak more later

Sleepy Harold

16 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look the idea that this was "planned" is absurd.  You don't make the moves the Sox made, both in the off season and during it, if you plan on losing 110 games.  You look to push upur future ahead, and not worthless short term flotsam.  It's insulting to try to play both sides of the fence.

You know Getz was in the interview telling JR about how KW and Hahn really screwed this roster up and with better defense the current roster would be much better than 2023 and he probably just ate all that s%*# up.

You're absolutely right though. The moves they made, the things they said, there is no way that they went into this season thinking they would even lose 100 games if I had to put money on it.

Teams that know they're cooked don't trade a pitching prospect for a 26 year old low ceiling outfielder. Those are the moves that teams like the 2021 White Sox should have been doing when RF was a glaring hole on a "championship" roster.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

You know Getz was in the interview telling JR about how KW and Hahn really screwed this roster up and with better defense the current roster would be much better than 2023 and he probably just ate all that s%*# up.

You're absolutely right though. The moves they made, the things they said, there is no way that they went into this season thinking they would even lose 100 games if I had to put money on it.

Teams that know they're cooked don't trade a pitching prospect for a 26 year old low ceiling outfielder. Those are the moves that teams like the 2021 White Sox should have been doing when RF was a glaring hole on a "championship" roster.

Getz and Pedro definitely smooth talked Jerry 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

So what exactly was the point of this statement? Is there a ton of people on sports radio asking why Reinsdorf isn't talking about this season? Did the 1 year anniversary of him hiring Getz cause a lot of people to quote him from last year and that got under his skin? 

This is just going to give people a target to focus on other than Domestic Violence Enthusiast Chris Getz for a little while I guess, maybe that's part of it? 

Why would a PR staff suggest he put out a statement like this? Would they tell him not to? 

I don't get it.

And why does it take him until loss 113 to issue a statement?  Just from a PR standpoint at least pretend to appear concerned.

The team is so bad that I think everyone is forgetting about this complete clown shoes TV network.  No one is going to watch.  The Cubs can barely pull it off on Marquee and guarantee they are throwing more money at it than Reinsdorf and the Blackhawks will on this new network.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

If they didn't know then they are unbelievably dumb. I knew ... I made plans to not purchase mlb.com. It was obvious the Sox picked up bottom of the barrel guys in DeBong (who had an average year), Nicky, Maldy and had no starters besides Crochet and no relievers. Everybody knew it was one of the worst rosters in Sox history. The only way this team coulda flirted with .450 is if everybody hit amazingly well (Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets, Robert, Moncada).

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

If they didn't know then they are unbelievably dumb. I knew ... I made plans to not purchase mlb.com. It was obvious the Sox picked up bottom of the barrel guys in DeBong (who had an average year), Nicky, Maldy and had no starters besides Crochet and no relievers. Everybody knew it was one of the worst rosters in Sox history. The only way this team coulda flirted with .450 is if everybody hit amazingly well (Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets, Robert, Moncada).

They are unbelievably dumb, I think that's been well proven at this point.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

The team is so bad that I think everyone is forgetting about this complete clown shoes TV network.  No one is going to watch.  The Cubs can barely pull it off on Marquee and guarantee they are throwing more money at it than Reinsdorf and the Blackhawks will on this new network.

It will be a clown show just like everything else surrounding the Bulls and White Sox are under Reinsdorf.

22 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The core is now the foundation.  Please correct your records

Is that second quote a recent one, or is that a retweet of something he said after last year's debacle?  If that's a new quote from Reinsdorf, it just proves how out of touch he is. 

First of all, the whole organization needs to stop with the "we're in the AL Central, so we've got that going for us," nonsense.  That kind of smug/arrogant attitude about the AL Central despite only having won the division 4 times since it was created in 1994 is so stale and off-putting, not to mention they are currently dead last, 42 games behind the second worst team in the divsion.  Run your team like you want to win the World Series which means beating the best team in every division.

And what core?  That's the part that makes me think this was a quote from last year and he was referring to Robert, Moncada, Jimenez, etc. and how they were rarely on the field together and healthy last year.  But if it's new, it makes me think he doesn't even know who's on the team anymore.

• Like 1

Jerry's statement wasn't even humble. He's been around baseball a long time. He knows that current record of the team is monumentally embarrassing. Again, if a AAA team played the Sox schedule it probably would have at least 15-20 wins, about half of what the Sox have.

2 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Is that second quote a recent one, or is that a retweet of something he said after last year's debacle?  If that's a new quote from Reinsdorf, it just proves how out of touch he is. 

First of all, the whole organization needs to stop with the "we're in the AL Central, so we've got that going for us," nonsense.  That kind of smug/arrogant attitude about the AL Central despite only having won the division 4 times since it was created in 1994 is so stale and off-putting, not to mention they are currently dead last, 42 games behind the second worst team in the divsion.  Run your team like you want to win the World Series which means beating the best team in every division.

And what core?  That's the part that makes me think this was a quote from last year and he was referring to Robert, Moncada, Jimenez, etc. and how they were rarely on the field together and healthy last year.  But if it's new, it makes me think he doesn't even know who's on the team anymore.

The second quote was from last year when Getz was hired. It was not part of JR's statement yesterday. 

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

I made it a priority as there is no hope for this organization in my lifetime.  I can shop for a new team.  There are too many bad owners in baseball. 

4 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

It’s what Jerry said last season

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

I made it a priority as there is no hope for this organization in my lifetime.  I can shop for a new team.  There are too many bad owners in baseball. 

I don't feel compelled to root for any other team sadly. Never got into the Royals; can't adopt the Cubs. They're not in my blood.

Probably best I didn't watch any full games this year, actually not even a full inning. I can't handle the Sox hitters chasing sweepers and sliders and striking out. Maddening. And swinging at balls in dirt. Whiff.

Just highlights for me on free mlb.com game summary. That's crazy I haven't watched a full inning of baseball. I always identified it as my favorite sport. Sox have changed it all. They are just too lousy to watch.

I have a friend who has moved to different cities and been able to adopt the teams of his new cities. I can't do that. I used to be a Sox, Bears, Bulls Blackhawks fanatical freak. Now I still follow the Sox daily but am only a playoff fairweather Bears/Hawks/Bulls fan. Was addicted to Hawks during the dynasty and Bulls during the dynasty and Bears when they make the playoffs.

Edited by greg775

8 hours ago, T R U said:

If above was true - there is no way if I were JR I would give Getz a pass. I suspect he always expected to loose 100 plus games but clearly not 120 plus games…but if Getz seriously committed to being .500 or better this year in an interview and this happened than I think even Jerry might just launch him to the moon. 

21 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If above was true - there is no way if I were JR I would give Getz a pass. I suspect he always expected to loose 100 plus games but clearly not 120 plus games…but if Getz seriously committed to being .500 or better this year in an interview and this happened than I think even Jerry might just launch him to the moon. 

I 100% believe that they thought adding veteran leadership would get them going in the right direction. They spent what $20 million+ on the concept? They probably realized they had a ways to go but no way they spend that much money if they think they’ll be worse.

I am not sure if it was “domestic abuse enthusiast” Getz’s idea that he sold to Reinsdorf, or Reinsdorf wanted that and Getz told him it was a great idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I 100% believe that they thought adding veteran leadership would get them going in the right direction. They spent what $20 million+ on the concept? They probably realized they had a ways to go but no way they spend that much money if they think they’ll be worse.

I am not sure if it was “domestic abuse enthusiast” Getz’s idea that he sold to Reinsdorf, or Reinsdorf wanted that and Getz told him it was a great idea.

Getz actually spent almost double that at $38.85 million on his acquisitions in the offseason, along with his additional signings early in the season.  See my post below for the breakdown.  He spent around $40 million dollars on mostly bums and only has Vargas to show for it.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Paper Bag 1