Reinsdorf releases statement to say he'll speak more later

Sleepy Harold

23 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is what I am struggling with - there has to be something more to this…

I think Lip is right and Jimmy also said on the naxi filled site, they are getting a lot of press inquiries for comments including from national media and had to give them something printable as they got close to the record.

• Like 1

That was a lousy statement. As someone on here stated it comes out on a day Cleveland scores two runs twice on infield ground balls. That doesn't happen. And poor Vaughn sure looked like he mailed it in today. He's so streaky, I'm thinking if he sticks around for next season they seriously need to sit him a bit more often. I mean he goes from red hot over 4-5 games to 0-for-5 with 3 Ks. Cmon Andrew, figure it out for next season. .He's hitting in the .240s, still not a ton of power.

Have a feeling the White Sox losing three in a row to San Diego (or knocking them out of the WC race, conversely) is going to be a huge story with how hot the Mets are right now (went from being no-hit to a late innings 6 run rally in the 8th/9th) and how close those four WC teams are likely to be in another week...

There's pretty much no avoiding it.  The rest of their games aren't going to have any bearing on the post season from here on out.

There's just going to be NO AVOIDING the national media crush over this issue, or issuing some kind of public statement.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Do they even have a PR firm? I feel like that is one of those unnecessary costs in JR’s cheap-ass handbook.

They have Community Relations, Media Relations, and Public Relations teams according to this link:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/team/front-office

But Jerry probably still does what Jerry wants.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no question JR is the problem for the White Sox. But that doesn't mean it ends there. If the White Sox were owned by someone most would say is a good owner, would Chris Getz be the GM? Would Pedro Grifol lasted that long in the dugout? It goes on and on. Yes, JR sucks, but so do all of his suck ups.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look the idea that this was "planned" is absurd.  You don't make the moves the Sox made, both in the off season and during it, if you plan on losing 110 games.  You look to push upur future ahead, and not worthless short term flotsam.  It's insulting to try to play both sides of the fence.

Without getting a top 10 pick being this bad was not intentional.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I used to think there was a plan for positive direction with this franchise but that is no longer case I feel 100% that this is a completely rudderless ship of ineptitude. 

I'm thinking after setting the record, the next thing JR will "embrace" is a nice long rebuild. He saw how fans got excited to see prospects that didn't pan out, but he also saw his bank account grow. A rebuild builds that up, and lets him go forever without admitting he was wrong about Getz.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I love how they talk about these guys "playing hard", but then are sliding stories about how lazy half of these guys are to their preferred leaks.  Two faces, all of them.

Last year we supposedly got rid of all the team "cancers" except for Moncada and Robert...Jimenez now out as well.

So what's the excuse this time?

Getz is going to deservedly face more arrows headed his way as he runs out of excuses and justifications for the lack of positional talent.

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

I used to think there was a plan for positive direction with this franchise but that is no longer case I feel 100% that this is a completely rudderless ship of ineptitude. 

Rudderless ship of ineptitude. Perfect summation. Feels like it has been that way since 2010/11/12ish with a rare moment of clarity when they went all in on the 2016 rebuild. And even then they half-assed it, with TLR the final nail in the coffin. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Guess who LaRussa was working for before JR had to have him back?

Except Moreno is the one who okayed the Rendon worst contract in baseball.  Drury is right there with a sub 500 ops.  Adell never developed...and lots of pitching setbacks as well other than Tyler Anderson.

Minasian has to try to trade Trout when he has only been healthy for roughly 1 1/2 of the past 4 seasons.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Except Moreno is the one who okayed the Rendon worst contract in baseball.  Drury is right there with a sub 500 ops.  Adell never developed...and lots of pitching setbacks as well other than Tyler Anderson.

Minasian has to try to trade Trout when he has only been healthy for roughly 1 1/2 of the past 4 seasons.

I read something the other day where Giancarlo Stanton has been available more than Trout the last 4 or 5 years.