Hawk can't stand to watch Sox.

southsider2k5

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5760647/2024/09/13/hawk-harrelson-white-sox-wont-watch/?campaign=5888993&source=dailyemail&userId=6062851

It’s appointment television. Each and every night, Ken “Hawk” Harrelson will make sure his television is tuned to the pregame show. When the game is over, he won’t miss the postgame show analysis.

But for the hours in between — the actual game — the man who has watched more Chicago White Sox baseball than anyone on the planet, simply cannot stand to watch this team, this season. Instead, he says, he turns to tennis or whatever else is on..

“This team has no presence. After the pregame show is on, I basically watch part of the first inning to see if they get any presence. They don’t have a presence,” Harrelson told The Athletic in a phone interview this week, one of the few times he has spoken publicly this season.

That’s not exactly a controversial sentiment. When it comes to the root causes of this disaster, however, Harrelson deviates from the conventional wisdom.

“As long as Jerry’s there, there’s going to be an effort to improve,” Harrelson said. “It’s just that simple.”

For many supporters of the team, it is not that simple. “Jerry” is White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf, who many have pinpointed as the man ultimately at fault for the current plight.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

The entire White Sox fandom in unison 

“Same, Hawk.  Same”

You think Sox fandom agrees that as long as JR is in charge the Sox will compete??

JR must’ve paid Hawk a s%*# ton over the years for him to still throw that kind of cockamamie BS out there on his behalf

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

You think Sox fandom agrees that as long as JR is in charge the Sox will compete??

JR must’ve paid Hawk a s%*# ton over the years for him to still throw that kind of cockamamie BS out there on his behalf

In Hawk's bio he wrote that Einhorn gave him a 200,000 bonus to join the Sox broadcasting team in 1982 and that's not even counting his salary.

1 hour ago, 46DidIt said:

Uh, no I don’t believe that.  Hawk might have said it but it’s hard to think that he believes that as well

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’ve read that Hawk has privately belittled the franchise. Weirdly, I also read that the Dolphins QB is a fan, but isn’t very happy about the direction of the team. Think the article was in the Athletic.

”Hawk, Tua spit on that thing”

I hate you.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Getz on the broadcast. Don’t listen  if you missed taking your meds. He likes where the pitching is. Isn’t  signing free agents. Is counting on the young guys on the roster improving. Holy f***.

It’s gotten to the point I don’t care if they move the team. Everyone in the organization sucks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1