Hawk can't stand to watch Sox.

southsider2k5

6 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Jerry is a competitor

Jerry wants to win

Oh f*** off 

They're bosom buddies. Hawk won't say anything bad about JR. JR made Hawk the GM for a year when Hawk probably knew nothing and still knows nothing about the minors, drafting, scouting, analytics, biometrics or Intl FA.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Getz on the broadcast. Don’t listen  if you missed taking your meds. He likes where the pitching is. Isn’t  signing free agents. Is counting on the young guys on the roster improving. Holy f***.

He's probably already been told by JR payroll is getting slashed again next year.

Another 100+ loss season.

Resigned to the fact that nothing changes until ownership does.

5 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I’ve read that Hawk has privately belittled the franchise. Weirdly, I also read that the Dolphins QB is a fan, but isn’t very happy about the direction of the team. Think the article was in the Athletic.

”Hawk, Tua spit on that thing”

The 130 losses were worth it to get this. You saved the season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The ONLY thing he can really tout at this point is Crochet, Smith, Schultz and the possibility of Taylor's greatness emerging to form a monster/once a decade pitching foundation.

That will last until Crochet is inevitably traded and someone else in the rotation gets hurt.

Cannon and Martin's "success" won't satisfy anyone.  Certainly not the marketing department.  Thorpe is iffy at best...and Vargas to tout????

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

Meanwhile Dylan Cease was part of a key shutout of the Giants in a "must win" game down the stretch run against Brandon Webb.

They should have asked Getz if he's gonna trade Crochet and Robert. Trade those two (even though I'm not a Robert fan) and our team next year will be weaker on paper than this one. I don't see how it'd be possible to lose this many games ever again. There's no way this team could be this bad again next year? In terms of under 40 wins.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

They should have asked Getz if he's gonna trade Crochet and Robert. Trade those two (even though I'm not a Robert fan) and our team next year will be weaker on paper than this one. I don't see how it'd be possible to lose this many games ever again. There's no way this team could be this bad again next year? In terms of under 40 wins.

Losing Robert would only make this team worse in a talent/theoretical sense. He’s been terrible this year, so his actual performance wouldn’t be missed at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Getz on the broadcast. Don’t listen  if you missed taking your meds. He likes where the pitching is. Isn’t  signing free agents. Is counting on the young guys on the roster improving. Holy f***.

Getz not signing free agents is probably a good thing.  It would just be more money lit on fire.

2e60daef6921ca583fcd125871112ab0.gif

Edited by WhiteSox2023

53 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz not signing free agents is probably a good thing.  It would just be more money lit on fire.

2e60daef6921ca583fcd125871112ab0.gif

True, but to think what they think will make them better is insulting. And really happy with where the pitching is? Has he looked at the stats? And he’s so deep he’s calling up guys with 10 ERAs.

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

True, but to think what they think will make them better is insulting. And really happy with where the pitching is? Has he looked at the stats? And he’s so deep he’s calling up guys with 10 ERAs.

If he's happy with the pitching I don't know what to say. It's almost criminal in a sports sense to not have Cease and Crochet leading the rotation. That's half or 2/5s of a good one right there. Sox philosophy: If we ever get a good player we trade 'em for prospects that 'usually' don't pan out. If the Sox win 35-45 games next season ... in what universe is that even acceptable two years in a row without contraction??

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

If he's happy with the pitching I don't know what to say. It's almost criminal in a sports sense to not have Cease and Crochet leading the rotation. That's half or 2/5s of a good one right there. Sox philosophy: If we ever get a good player we trade 'em for prospects that 'usually' don't pan out. If the Sox win 35-45 games next season ... in what universe is that even acceptable two years in a row without contraction??

It's acceptable in the current MLB universe where making money, a LOT of it, is more important that winning. 

On 9/13/2024 at 3:53 PM, Milkman delivers said:

I’ve read that Hawk has privately belittled the franchise. Weirdly, I also read that the Dolphins QB is a fan, but isn’t very happy about the direction of the team. Think the article was in the Athletic.

”Hawk, Tua spit on that thing”

Update:
I still hate that I'm laughing at this. Fucking a.

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2024 at 2:02 PM, ScootsMcGoots said:

Were these peoples' families threatened or something? I don't understand the loyalty to JR.

He sets them up to retire, I talked to former players about it. One of them said Jerry got him into real estate and after his short career he was able to retire because he was renting out 20 apartments in Houston. Jerry helped him with it.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It's acceptable in the current MLB universe where making money, a LOT of it, is more important that winning. 

Little surprised the Sox aren't more a laughing stock nationally. Some of the stats involving this team's record and home record and offensive attack are truly mind boggling. By the way the way it's worked out roster wise it wouldn't have hurt anybody to have had Ozzie be the manager during the Pedro era. It woulda been so entertaining day after day to have the Ozzeroo at the microphone before and after games. Again no manager can win with this roster in the history of baseball so why not Oz?? It'd be FUNNY at least.

31 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Little surprised the Sox aren't more a laughing stock nationally. Some of the stats involving this team's record and home record and offensive attack are truly mind boggling. By the way the way it's worked out roster wise it wouldn't have hurt anybody to have had Ozzie be the manager during the Pedro era. It woulda been so entertaining day after day to have the Ozzeroo at the microphone before and after games. Again no manager can win with this roster in the history of baseball so why not Oz?? It'd be FUNNY at least.

Ozzie burned his bridges when he quit on the team.

And the Sox are a laughingstock nationally the Athletic is now having a daily Sox watch for one example. 

3 hours ago, reiks12 said:

He sets them up to retire, I talked to former players about it. One of them said Jerry got him into real estate and after his short career he was able to retire because he was renting out 20 apartments in Houston. Jerry helped him with it.

I don't doubt Jerry is an amazing person. He just sucks at owning sports teams.