Burke debut A's @ White Sox

caulfield12

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Julks playing his way off the team.

Most of the guys are playing themselves off the team, the only position guy that will be here next year is probably Benintendi because of his contract, maybe Lee but he has really regressed as the year progressed. Fletcher might be around as 4th outfielder. Robert will probably be traded as well as Vaughn, the rest are DFA candidates.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Most of the guys are playing themselves off the team, the only position guy that will be here next year is probably Benintendi because of his contract, maybe Lee but he has really regressed as the year progressed. Fletcher might be around as 4th outfielder. Robert will probably be traded as well as Vaughn, the rest are DFA candidates.

They pretty much have to keep Vargas and Fletcher...have a feeling Vaughn and Sheets will linger around forever.

Not sure there's really much of a Vaughn market, but might want to save some more money moving him after asrbitration salary is out.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They pretty much have to keep Vargas and Fletcher...have a feeling Vaughn and Sheets will linger around forever.

Not sure there's really much of a Vaughn market, but might want to save some more money moving him after asrbitration salary is out.

I really think one of Vaughn/Sheets will be gone. I wish it were both. 

Sox are gonna win a series! I'm gonna have to reboot my brain next April to start hoping the Sox win again. Cause right now I admit I want them to lose every day to set the record. Man, somehow the Sox are gonna have to get all fans to care again. They can do it, win a series today. Wow.

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Sad state of affairs when I check the box scores and see the Sox win and I’m disappointed. I don’t think it’s possible, but these jerks better not rob us of the record season. I want the embarrassment for everyone involved 

They’ll 100% get the record, but they’re just gonna make us wait a bit. Kind of annoying to be honest.

3 hours ago, joejoesox said:

no chance in hell he's on the team next year 

He's cheap and generally has good ABs  and the Sox arent going to pay for a bunch of different players. Not saying he will be on the team but I'm not going so far  as to say no way in hell.

Who among the Sox position  players finishing the season are going to be on the team opening day ? When are Quero and Montgomery coming up ?

Ramos, Vaughn,Baldwin, Sosa ? Deloach, Benintendi, Fletcher, Colas, Lee,  Robinson, Julks ? Sox will be scanning the non tendered list thoroughly .

Plus it's not 100% certain Robert and Crochet get traded in the off season .

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's cheap and generally has good ABs  and the Sox arent going to pay for a bunch of different players. Not saying he will be on the team but I'm not going so far  as to say no way in hell.

Who among the Sox position  players finishing the season are going to be on the team opening day ? When are Quero and Montgomery coming up ?

Ramos, Vaughn,Baldwin, Sosa ? Deloach, Benintendi, Fletcher, Colas, Lee,  Robinson, Julks ? Sox will be scanning the non tendered list thoroughly .

Plus it's not 100% certain Robert and Crochet get traded in the off season .

Vaughn will be in his 2nd arb year.  He was at $3.25 million this year, which probably puts him in the $5-6 million range in arb next year.  I could totally see a non-tender.  

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Vaughn will be in his 2nd arb year.  He was at $3.25 million this year, which probably puts him in the $5-6 million range in arb next year.  I could totally see a non-tender.  

You kidding? Nah we pay him and let him put up another zero WAR next year that's what we do here.