CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago

Heads22

29 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, I hear you.  I had bought a subscription to Windscribe VPN ages ago back when companies actually sold VPN licenses for a one-time flat fee rather than a monthly fee.  I think it was like $15 to $20 bucks.  I set my VPN location to England and never have a problem getting a blacked out Sox game.  It’s been more reliable for me than Reddit streams, which I also used to watch.

And you get it on your smart TV without casting to it from a phone app ?

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And you get it on your smart TV without casting to it from a phone app ?

Yep.  Most smart TV’s have an OS with a proprietary app store to download VPN apps and the MLB.TV app.  If your smart TV’s app store selection is limited, you can always grab an Amazon Fire Stick 4K Max for $30 to $35 on sale (Prime Days coming up soon) and its app store has almost everything.  It’s the cheapest solution for sailing the open seas in search of streaming treasure.  🏴‍☠️ 

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But will you want to?  It might actually be better to live in the woods with no electricity and TV like Ted Kaczynski.  No awful baseball to annoy you, just beautiful nature!

This is not Walden Pond.

The guy cracked up and lost touch with reality in that type of extremely isolated environment.

Maybe SoxTalk should be put in charge of this new network venture lol....figuring out how to push free product out to Sox addicts (guess there are around 30-50,000 remaining truly hardcore fans).

Or maybe they will see Sox  addicts in the marketing and think it's for Sex addicts instead...the old bait and switcheroo.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Maybe SoxTalk should be put in charge of this new network lol....figuring out how to push free product out to Sox addicts (guess there are around 30-50000 remaining truly hardcore fans).

Hey man, would you pay to watch this team for the next few years?  I’ll watch them if it’s near free (just electricity).  Paying to watch this team is the equivalent of a Getz offseason — like lighting money on fire.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hey man, would you pay to watch this team for the next few years?  I’ll watch them if it’s near free (just electricity).  Paying to watch this team is the equivalent of a Getz offseason — like lighting money on fire.

I do through MLB.TV just because I want to follow the entire sport for fantasy baseball...even if it's usually audio due to quite spotty internet here in China this past year.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I do through MLB.TV just because I want to follow the entire sport for fantasy baseball...even if it's usually audio due to quite spotty internet here in China this past year.

Well, that’s different.  You are paying to watch a bunch of teams, not just the lowly Sox.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 2:40 PM, Paulie4Pres said:

There really hasn't been much information at all about what broadcast personnel are moving over. 

Bulls and Blackhawks have theirs set:

RELEASE: Chicago Sports Network Announces Pre- and Post-Game Talent | Chicago Blackhawks (nhl.com)

Chicago Blackhawks

The Blackhawks’ in-studio team combines extensive hockey knowledge and broadcast experience, offering fans insightful and engaging analysis of every game.

• Pat Boyle – A veteran Blackhawks broadcaster, Boyle returns to provide fans with dynamic hosting and in-depth hockey analysis. He was a primary anchor on NBC Sports Chicago for 20 years.
  • Tony Granato – A former NHL left winger and coach, Granato brings a wealth of hockey knowledge and experience to the Blackhawks broadcast team. He previously served as head coach of the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche and the 2018 U.S. Olympic men’s hockey team.
  • Caley Chelios – In addition to studio work, Chelios will serve as backup color analyst in the booth when analyst Darren Pang is called to national broadcasting duties. Chelios’ unique background makes her an exciting addition to the CHSN team, offering fresh perspectives on the game both professionally and personally. She brings nearly 10 years of NHL broadcasting experience alongside connections to hockey families across Chicagoland as a daughter of Hockey Hall of Famer and Blackhawks legend Chris Chelios.

Chicago Bulls

The Bulls' pre- and post-game team combines dynamic hosting, expert player analysis and deep reporting experience, offering fans comprehensive and engaging coverage.

• Jason Goff – A respected voice in Chicago sports, Goff is the current host for The Ringer’s “Full Go” podcast and former host of 670 The Score’s midday drive show. Most recently, Goff served as the pre-and post-game host for NBC Sports Chicago.
  • Kendall Gill – A former Bulls player and NBA veteran, Gill is well known for his sharp analysis and player perspective. With years of experience covering the Bulls, the Rich Central High School and University of Illinois graduate will break down game strategy and key performances.
  • K.C. Johnson – An expert in Bulls coverage, Johnson most recently covered the Bulls for NBC Sports Chicago and spent a good part of his career at the Chicago Tribune. His analytical approach and reporting experience bring unmatched credibility to the CHSN lineup.

On the final White Sox Talk pod today, Chuck said he's close to a deal with CHSN. McGuffey will not be heading over to the new network.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ozzie and the Big Hurt?

Chuck said Ozzie would be there. No idea whether Hurt will be coming with. Pre and Post so much better than the actual games, the question is really should they bring the team with them.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2024 at 4:34 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

My favorite has always been the annual free MLB.TV through T-Mobile along with a VPN app on phones, tablets, laptops, smart TV’s, etc.  Chicago blackouts averted…

Or a site named MLB66 if you don’t have T-Mobile or a VPN app…

I'm never leaving T-Mobile because of free MLB.tv. I will watch 29 other teams and let my vpn go because why pay to watch such a shitty team live?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

On the final White Sox Talk pod today, Chuck said he's close to a deal with CHSN. McGuffey will not be heading over to the new network.

Given how he has been honestly critical of the organization I can't say I'm surprised.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ewokpelts said:

Sounds like Comcast (the cable company) will still be charging the sports fee despite them not carrying a sports channel. We currently pay $14.95 a month for NBCsn and Marquee.

Considering NBCSN isn’t going to exist in a couple days, will that fee be reduced?

On 9/17/2024 at 2:29 PM, Harry Chappas said:

The renaissance of Lakeview/Wrigleyville was what turned the tide and essentially created a tidal wave of support.  What Ricketts has done to further enhance that area is amazing. 

Oh you forgot boystown and tattooville.  Cub organization is on a sugar high right now with all the Ricketts money thrown their way.

Meanwhile, it is still on the Northside where Southsiders seldom tred or park. Bill Melton had some nice comments during an old  tribute during the 2005 Sox parade. He spoke about the gentrification that already started back then in an around Bridgeport and  the Halsted business corridor. I miss Melton's perspective since he actually knows all of Chicago for decades.

5 hours ago, tray said:

Oh you forgot boystown and tattooville.  Cub organization is on a sugar high right now with all the Ricketts money thrown their way.

Meanwhile, it is still on the Northside where Southsiders seldom tred or park. Bill Melton had some nice comments during an old  tribute during the 2005 Sox parade. He spoke about the gentrification that already started back then in an around Bridgeport and  the Halsted business corridor. I miss Melton's perspective since he actually knows all of Chicago for decades.

Weird that the Sox want to upgrade to a more profitable neighborhood, right?

• Thanks 1