CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago

Heads22

10 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I don't understand how saying "yeah getting TV deals right now is extremely difficult" is defending him. Some teams have straight up given up on getting themselves on linear television and are just doing straight DTC. I can state the facts of the industry. It doesn't mean I'm defending him. 

It's 2024. What are the options to stream my favorite teams as of now? Oh, there are none? Cool, cool.

9 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I don't understand how saying "yeah getting TV deals right now is extremely difficult" is defending him. Some teams have straight up given up on getting themselves on linear television and are just doing straight DTC. I can state the facts of the industry. It doesn't mean I'm defending him. 

If you go back to their previous announcements, they said they would be up and running on multiple platforms. Their website would be fully functional well before they were ready to broadcast. They were full of it. But as fans of these teams, we should be used to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's 2024. What are the options to stream my favorite teams as of now? Oh, there are none? Cool, cool.

Yeah. I just said it was difficult. They are working on it. They are not the first or last team(s) that will deal with this.

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you go back to their previous announcements, they said they would be up and running on multiple platforms. Their website would be fully functional well before they were ready to broadcast. They were full of it. But as fans of these teams, we should be used to it.

“The website will be fully functional…”

”The money will be spent…”

🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They are going to be up and running on multiple platforms. They will be on antenna, DirectTV, and Astound or whatever it's called. Once again, I'M NOT DEFENDING THEM, but they are not "full of it" in that regard. 

And if you guys want to keep caring about the website, then go nuts. You can have that one. They have a shitty website. Congratulations. 

22 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Yeah. I just said it was difficult. They are working on it. They are not the first or last team(s) that will deal with this.

Streaming options are really not that difficult. Fucking minor league teams are able to figure this out. Plenty of teams have gone before them, and squared away the streaming options right off the bat. They're in over their heads, because, once again, nepotism rules the day. Stadium was a Mickey Mouse company, and they have the same guy running this, as they did Stadium. Just another poorly run Reinsdorf corporation, well behind the times. Nothing to see here, really.

A functional, professional looking website might be the lowest hanging fruit possible, in 2024, by the way. The fact that theirs is so fucking amateur speaks VOLUMES to the quality of this venture. 

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Streaming options are really not that difficult. Fucking minor league teams are able to figure this out. Plenty of teams have gone before them, and squared away the streaming options right off the bat. They're in over their heads, because, once again, nepotism rules the day. Stadium was a Mickey Mouse company, and they have the same guy running this, as they did Stadium. Just another poorly run Reinsdorf corporation, well behind the times. Nothing to see here, really.

A functional, professional looking website might be the lowest hanging fruit possible, in 2024, by the way. The fact that theirs is so fucking amateur speaks VOLUMES to the quality of this venture. 

They are difficult to figure out when you are also trying to leverage against non streaming options. Look at the battle ESPN just went through. That was difficult because they are launching their own DTC to compete against, basically, cable companies. It's not as black and white as you are making it.

24 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

They are going to be up and running on multiple platforms. They will be on antenna, DirectTV, and Astound or whatever it's called. Once again, I'M NOT DEFENDING THEM, but they are not "full of it" in that regard. 

And if you guys want to keep caring about the website, then go nuts. You can have that one. They have a shitty website. Congratulations. 

transitive verb

1 a: to drive danger or attack away from
defend the castle from invaders

b(1): to maintain or support in the face of argument or hostile criticism

defend a theory

couldn't defend their actions

(2): to prove (something, such as a doctoral thesis or dissertation) valid by answering questions in an oral exam
preparing to defend her thesis

(c)sports : to attempt to prevent an opponent from scoring at

elects to defend the south goal

archaic : PREVENT, FORBIDwhich God defend that I should wring from him—Shakespeare

: to act as attorney forhired a lawyer to defend their son

law : to deny or oppose the right of a plaintiff in regard to (a suit or a wrong charged) : CONTEST

: to retain or seek to retain (something, such as a title or position) against a challenge in a contest

they successfully defended their championship

Yours is definition (b)1.

11 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Sorry, I wasn't aware we were pulling out dictionary definitions of words. I'll remember that next time.  

What’s the dictionary definition of “we will have the website up and running on day 1” I have to think there is some sort of qualification besides the site existing as a placeholder

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What’s the dictionary definition of “we will have the website up and running on day 1” I have to think there is some sort of qualification besides the site existing as a placeholder

There is currently a website there that has videos and their show descriptions and overall information on how to watch. What else do you want on day one? I’m sure as soon as their studio shows start they will be posting even more videos and whatnot.

Seriously what else do you want? A store? Mini games where you try to convince tax payers to fund a stadium? 

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Technically, the website is up. Though, it's basically just a poorly executed copy/paste from the placeholder website. Just amateur hour, like I said.

If the station launched today there should be content today.

My guess is the production and content on this station is as bad and cheap as CSN.  A pre and post and then infomercials/poker/useless content unrelated to the three teams for the other 18 hours.

The Marquee network has awesome content for cub fans and this new station has three teams to provide content. 

6 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

There is currently a website there that has videos and their show descriptions and overall information on how to watch. What else do you want on day one? I’m sure as soon as their studio shows start they will be posting even more videos and whatnot.

Seriously what else do you want? A store? Mini games where you try to convince tax payers to fund a stadium? 

Honestly I don’t want to argue with you about how much Jerry sucks, but alas, here we are

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If the station launched today there should be content today.

My guess is the production and content on this station is as bad and cheap as CSN.  A pre and post and then infomercials/poker/useless content unrelated to the three teams for the other 18 hours.

The Marquee network has awesome content for cub fans and this new station has three teams to provide content. 

It launches at 5. 

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

We are actually arguing about the semantics of what makes a website a website. 

No that’s what you keep bringing it back to.  The “argument” is a lot of us calling this a clown shoes organization because of their continued lack of effort and follow through, and you going “nuh uh.  What do you expect?  A working website with actual working links?”

5 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

We are actually arguing about the semantics of what makes a website a website. 

The website is being used to show how absolutely incompetent they are, at even the most basic aspect of a network launch. This is a website that high school kids all around the country are making better versions of on a daily basis. Let that sink in for a minute.

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No that’s what you keep bringing it back to.  The “argument” is a lot of us calling this a clown shoes organization because of their continued lack of effort and follow through, and you going “nuh uh.  What do you expect?  A working website with actual working links?”

So what part is the Wirtz family playing in all of this? I'm all for calling the Sox a clown shoes organization because they are - but I don't know if a website not up to people's standards is something to get up in arms about.

If people want to be upset about where and how it's being broadcast, I get. But as someone who knows a little about that, Sox/Bulls/Blackhawks could be doing everything right in these talks and the cable companies could still be telling them to f*** off for whatever reason. It's a very messy landscape right now. 

Edited by PaleAleSox

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

So what part is the Wirtz family playing in all of this? I'm all for calling the Sox a clown shoes organization because they are - but I don't know if a website not up to people's standards is something to get up in arms about.

If people want to be upset about where and how it's being broadcast, I get. But as someone who knows a little about that, Sox/Bulls/Blackhawks could be doing everything right in these talks and the cable companies could still be telling them to f*** off for whatever reason. It's a very messy landscape right now. 

Reinsdorf owns the network. He bought Stadium last year. A Reinsdorf sycophant is running the network. I don't know what part the Wirtz family is playing in all of this, but it sure doesn't seem like much.

I have no way to get the channel out here. 

Channel 62 is not of usable quality in my area. 

I do not control the cable in my house and we have xfinity. 

If xfinity tells them to f*** off, that might be the end of me as a sports fan. I have already watched fewer Sox and Hawks games than ever before. 

With the Bears repeating the same mistakes over and over again, I am starting to feel like I should just back off of sports entirely. 

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Reinsdorf owns the network. He bought Stadium last year. A Reinsdorf sycophant is running the network. I don't know what part the Wirtz family is playing in all of this, but it sure doesn't seem like much.

He's been part of owner of it since the beginning. It's been through 2 or so other name changes.