CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago

Heads22

I would pay 200-300 a year to watch every Sox game. I wish they did something like what the Utah Jazz are doing.

Jazz fans can pay $125 a year to get all their games digitally, you can pay $19.50 a month, and $5 per game. I think that includes a Spanish broadcast, pre and post game, and other exclusive content. 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Admitting what?  That you love amateur hour disguised as professionalism in pretty much everything?  Baby I’m screaming that from the rooftops

Bought an antenna and canceled hulu. Saving $100/mth and getting the three teams I watch for free. Do they need to get a comcast deal? Yeah. 

Should they worry about other streaming? No. They should go direct to consumer with streaming, which is what I've been saying about baseball for a couple years. With streaming why force your way through a middle man?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Bought an antenna and canceled hulu. Saving $100/mth and getting the three teams I watch for free. Do they need to get a comcast deal? Yeah. 

Should they worry about other streaming? No. They should go direct to consumer with streaming, which is what I've been saying about baseball for a couple years. With streaming why force your way through a middle man?

Look, I pay already for my plan.  Everything was paid for, Jerry decided to jump to his own station.  Said it would be set up, we would get our own dedicated station, then didn’t come to an agreement with the local carriers.  I’m not buying an antenna.  I’m just not.  Not interested in putting up something that this channel can wipe out immediately by reducing the coverage area(which definitely happens).

I’m glad you are happy with an antenna.  There are plenty of people who are not, and don’t want to go buy one.  There are bulls Blackhawks and Sox fans outside the antenna range.  This is how you lose fans.

but I’m happy you spent your hundred on an antenna 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Look, I pay already for my plan.  Everything was paid for, Jerry decided to jump to his own station.  Said it would be set up, we would get our own dedicated station, then didn’t come to an agreement with the local carriers.  I’m not buying an antenna.  I’m just not.  Not interested in putting up something that this channel can wipe out immediately by reducing the coverage area(which definitely happens).

I’m glad you are happy with an antenna.  There are plenty of people who are not, and don’t want to go buy one.  There are bulls Blackhawks and Sox fans outside the antenna range.  This is how you lose fans.

You can put a paperclip in your tv if you don't want to spend the $5 on an antenna.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah don’t think so.  You can break your own stuff 

It works the same lol. I have one of my tvs set up with it. Needle goes into the hole (joke in there somewhere). Just like from an antenna. 

I understand the concerns both about lack of app and coverage outside Chicagoland. The complaining about the actual process of getting/needing an antenna/having to change the input is just making a mountain of a molehill though. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It works the same lol. I have one of my tvs set up with it. Needle goes into the hole (joke in there somewhere). Just like from an antenna. 

I understand the concerns both about lack of app and coverage outside Chicagoland. The actual process of getting/needing an antenna is just making a mountain of a molehill though. 

Dude, I know how to get an antenna but I do not believe I should have to.  I pay my sports tier, I have been paying this man my money for years.  I’m not out of line to say that this channel bullshit is just that, bullshit.  They have literally blacked out three major sports, two of them starting their seasons right now.  You can be accepting of that, I choose not to be.  I’m not even sure why you are arguing with me over it.  you got it!  You got a reason to use your antenna now.  I’m happy for you I truly am 

• Like 2

Well, this is over for me. 

My folks want to go with a provider that doesn't care about RSNs. 

I will be unable to watch Sox games next year. I barely watched this year so it's not a huge deal. I doubt they'll get many national games. 

Nothing I can do. 

I have been a part of this community since 2005 and it seems like it's coming to an end. 

21 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Blows my mind that people are defending this unprofessional shitshow. Everything about this is substandard. The launch. The quality. The decisions surrounding the broadcast. The studio. The audio quality. Everything. It's a Jerry Reinsdorf owned clusterfuck, to a T. 

It's a clusterfuck for sure, but I also heard that Comcast had no interest in continuing with NBCSN-CHI. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It was reported this weekend that direct to consumer is coming. They just have to finish their media rights deals first. I'm waiting for that because I want to keep youtube tv. 

Sorry, I didn't mean come to an app like YouTube TV, Hulu, or Fubo. I just meant its own app like how you can now DL the Marquee Sports Network app on certain devices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

It's a clusterfuck for sure, but I also heard that Comcast had no interest in continuing with NBCSN-CHI. 

They have known this forever. It doesn't matter at all to the fans. Their lack of preparation and competence is why they are where they are today. 

I can't wait to see if they come out with their own app for this, given the incompetence they have displayed in every other technical aspect.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

I’m trying to understand several things:

- How does JR make money off CHSN if games are over the antenna? Is it low overhead and no cable agreement?

- Why didn’t they do something like Marquee?

- What percentage of fans will buy the antenna to watch the games? Or will an agreement be reached with cable providers before the season?

- What is the audio and visual quality of the channel?

And several more…it just doesn’t make sense to me why there is no channel on cable and no app to stream/pay for. It makes me think some agreement should be reached. Maybe Laurence Holmes is right, the new channel will flash something on the broadcasts to have people call Comcast and complain to try and put pressure on the company (which I understand doesn’t have much to gain).

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I’m trying to understand several things:

- How does JR make money off CHSN if games are over the antenna? Is it low overhead and no cable agreement?

- Why didn’t they do something like Marquee?

- What percentage of fans will buy the antenna to watch the games? Or will an agreement be reached with cable providers before the season?

- What is the audio and visual quality of the channel?

And several more…it just doesn’t make sense to me why there is no channel on cable and no app to stream/pay for. It makes me think some agreement should be reached. Maybe Laurence Holmes is right, the new channel will flash something on the broadcasts to have people call Comcast and complain to try and put pressure on the company (which I understand doesn’t have much to gain).

Advertising....if they can prove or validate their ratings/share.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

You won't spend $50 for an antenna in order to have numerous free over-the-air channels? Makes no sense whatsoever.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/General-Electric-Outdoor-Yagi-HDTV-Antenna-Long-Range-VHF-UHF-1080P-4K-Black-33685/52162885?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=4529&gclsrc=aw.ds&adid=2222222227752162885_117755028669_12420145346&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=501107745824&wl4=pla-394283752452&wl5=9021615&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=52162885&veh=sem_LIA&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyL24BhCtARIsALo0fSCkT7g2VBmugKayW3puTdXcMXCb_NWilPuIcGujYen3ufH4bE2G7GwaApJZEALw_wcB

Edited by tray