CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago

Heads22

On 10/16/2024 at 6:28 AM, The Beast said:

I’m trying to understand several things:

- How does JR make money off CHSN if games are over the antenna? Is it low overhead and no cable agreement?

- Why didn’t they do something like Marquee?

- What percentage of fans will buy the antenna to watch the games? Or will an agreement be reached with cable providers before the season?

- What is the audio and visual quality of the channel?

And several more…it just doesn’t make sense to me why there is no channel on cable and no app to stream/pay for. It makes me think some agreement should be reached. Maybe Laurence Holmes is right, the new channel will flash something on the broadcasts to have people call Comcast and complain to try and put pressure on the company (which I understand doesn’t have much to gain).

I'm guessing a very large % of fans will buy the antenna (it's honestly not that big of a deal in my opinion). I just did myself, $20 best buy essentials antenna and the quality of the picture/sound is BETTER than I expected. I'm in Northwest Indiana for reference. 

Edited by Chisoxmb35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Not that the Bulls have earned much more attention from fans than the Hawks. Both teams have lost enough games to make fans question whether it’s worth dropping hundreds of dollars to go to the United Center. So now, not only is it expensive to go to a game, it’s difficult for many to watch one on TV. Combine limited access with limited winning, and you have two business operations in trouble.

Perhaps the NBA’s popularity will spark an agreement before the Bulls’ season opener Wednesday. But don’t count on it. In the most remarkable turn of events, Comcast, for once, is under no pressure to appease a sports network. If it was losing enough subscribers for not carrying CHSN, it would carry CHSN. Carriage isn’t a priority until it is.

After not carrying the Big Ten Network when it launched in 2007, Comcast subscriptions plummeted. The next year, BTN appeared on Xfinity systems. That might be what it takes for CHSN to appear on Comcast, unless the network bends to the company’s wishes. CHSN is in a tough spot, but it’s one they should’ve seen coming."

from the previously-linked article, CS-T
  • Thanks 1

So yesterday I tried it out through my TV during the Hawks game. The channel was appearing but it said no signal. I went to “find new channels” and ever since then, I cannot find it. What a shitshow.

I think I need to go buy an actual antenna but at least they’re cheap.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

So yesterday I tried it out through my TV during the Hawks game. The channel was appearing but it said no signal. I went to “find new channels” and ever since then, I cannot find it. What a shitshow.

I think I need to go buy an actual antenna but at least they’re cheap.

Yeah I read the inner TV antennas most likely won’t work