CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago

Heads22

8 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

That article only reinforces my statements here. CHSN has no leverage. Comcast really has no motivation to carry them.

This applies to all of the Bulls, Blackhawks, and White Sox...

But everyone here seems to be confident that the worst owner in sports is going to sort all of this out, and not leave the fans hanging? lmao....

It's certainly not unprecedented, as your article clearly proves.

They will have their own profit motivations, just like they did when the carried Fox Sports and Marquee.  What you are posting has literally never been done before, where a team was completely shut off of all of the major networks.  It is crazy.  Why do I think Jerry can handle this 29, er teams have done this, as well as Jerry has done it multiple times with this exact service in this exact market.

For whatever reason you are completely dug in on this one and have no other thought but this one.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

If I had to guess....and this is just me spit-balling based on reading the tea leaves in regards to distributors and RSN's over the last couple years... RSN fees on Xfinity might be going away completely, because they just aren't going to carry any of their networks. But that's just my guess.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They will have their own profit motivations, just like they did when the carried Fox Sports and Marquee.  What you are posting has literally never been done before, where a team was completely shut off of all of the major networks.  It is crazy.  Why do I think Jerry can handle this 29, er teams have done this, as well as Jerry has done it multiple times with this exact service in this exact market.

For whatever reason you are completely dug in on this one and have no other thought but this one.

You realize you just posted an article where it explicitly states that Braves, Brewers, and Tigers fans can't watch games on Xfinity, right? And they aren't the only ones. Xfinity doesn't give a s%*# about RSNs anymore. They haven't in a long time. Perhaps JR and his jolly band of idiots that are running CHSN will get a deal done, but I'm not confident in that. Especially when the outlook for Marquee and the Cubs (which are a much bigger draw) doesn't look good.

And honestly, I don't really care about that. If Xfinity isn't carrying sports anymore, whatever. What I care about is having a streaming/recording option to watch my teams, and that doesn't even seem to be on the radar for these schmucks. 

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

You realize you just posted an article where it explicitly states that Braves, Brewers, and Tigers fans can't watch games on Xfinity, right? And they aren't the only ones. Xfinity doesn't give a s%*# about RSNs anymore. They haven't in a long time. Perhaps JR and his jolly band of idiots that are running CHSN will get a deal done, but I'm not confident in that. Especially when the outlook for Marquee and the Cubs (which are a much bigger draw) doesn't look good.

And honestly, I don't really care about that. If Xfinity isn't carrying sports anymore, whatever. What I care about is having a streaming/recording option to watch my teams, and that doesn't even seem to be on the radar for these schmucks. 

You know Xfinity isn't the only network in existance, right? 

• Like 1

You know Xfinity isn't the only network in existance, right? 

They are the provider for roughly half of the Chicago market. That's a pretty substantial group of people, don't you think?

You also continue to ignore the elephant in the room. What is their plan for streaming????

Edited by Paulie4Pres

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

They are the provider for roughly half of the Chicago market. That's a pretty substantial group of people, don't you think?

You also continue to ignore the elephant in the room. What is their plan for streaming????

Did we know the business plan for any other network at this point?

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Did we know the business plan for any other network at this point?

Are you referring to television providers or what?

Here's the reality. It's two weeks before the season starts for two out of the three teams on the network, and the CEO of CHSN still can't answer the question "How can we stream your product?"

Edited by Paulie4Pres

6 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Are you referring to television providers or what?

Here's the reality. It's two weeks before the season starts for two out of the three teams on the network, and the CEO of CHSN still can't answer the question "How can we stream your product?"

I am just going to let you go with this.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am just going to let you go with this.

I just don't understand what you're seeing that has you optimistic about their plan to get their product to everyone that wants it. Because there's nothing at all to be optimistic about, as someone who recorded/streamed the overwhelming majority of the Blackhawks games I watched. It is pretty clear to me they think the DirecTV deal and OTA is going to placate the majority of their customers while they "work on it". (they are wrong, based on my conversations with Blackhawks fans).

Did you happen to listen to Jason Coyle on the CHGO broadcast? Does this sound like a guy with any answers? Not to beat a dead horse, but the guy speaks like every other Reinsdorf appointed clown, that has no business being in charge of what he's in charge of, that we've seen over the last decade with the White Sox.

The fact that he comes from the Jerry Reinsdorf/Brooks Boyer business tree should have absolutely EVERYONE worried about CHSN.

10 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I just don't understand what you're seeing that has you optimistic about their plan to get their product to everyone that wants it. Because there's nothing at all to be optimistic about, as someone who recorded/streamed the overwhelming majority of the Blackhawks games I watched. It is pretty clear to me they think the DirecTV deal and OTA is going to placate the majority of their customers while they "work on it". (they are wrong, based on my conversations with Blackhawks fans).

Did you happen to listen to Jason Coyle on the CHGO broadcast? Does this sound like a guy with any answers? Not to beat a dead horse, but the guy speaks like every other Reinsdorf appointed clown, that has no business being in charge of what he's in charge of, that we've seen over the last decade with the White Sox.

The fact that he comes from the Jerry Reinsdorf/Brooks Boyer business tree should have absolutely EVERYONE worried about CHSN.

I don't understand how you can't see that this has happened all over professional sports and it eventually gets done.

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just learned that my TV has an antenna in it. Testing out channels and they all seem good and clear to me.

TVs are like phones and laptops now . If you're used to just using it for cable you tend to ignore many of the functions related to OTA TV and streaming options. Until recently when stealing games Id watch on my 19 inch SD compute screen.Now I figured out how to do it on my android 55 in. Cheapo model TV. and didn't cost me anything.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

TVs are like phones and laptops now . If you're used to just using it for cable you tend to ignore many of the functions related to OTA TV and streaming options. Until recently when stealing games Id watch on my 19 inch SD compute screen.Now I figured out how to do it on my android 55 in. Cheapo model TV. and didn't cost me anything.

My favorite has always been the annual free MLB.TV through T-Mobile along with a VPN app on phones, tablets, laptops, smart TV’s, etc.  Chicago blackouts averted…

Or a site named MLB66 if you don’t have T-Mobile or a VPN app…

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

My favorite has always been the annual free MLB.TV through T-Mobile along with a VPN app on phones, tablets, laptops, smart TV’s, etc.  Chicago blackouts averted…

Or a site named MLB66 if you don’t have T-Mobile or a VPN app…

Plenty of ways to sail the open seas when it comes to watching sports. And hey, if teams aren't going to give you a convenient way to give them money for their product, f*** em.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Plenty of ways to sail the open seas when it comes to watching sports. And hey, if teams aren't going to give you a convenient way to give them money for their product, f*** em.

I just learned from my 14 year old son how to configure an app called Stremio and the best torrent and live channel add-on’s for it.  I can’t believe anyone would ever pay for cable after seeing Stremio.  I’ll pay for faster Internet speeds to support streaming, but that’s about it.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don't even have a VPN most services cost something to get one . I just use the Reddit streams for major sports and checked into some of the android TV browser apps and tested them until I found one that was best.Most TV apps have a ranking so start with the highest ranked one. The browser on my  TV I use is called Zeus.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't even have a VPN most services cost something to get one . I just use the Reddit streams for major sports and checked into some of the android TV browser apps and tested them until I found one that was best.Most TV apps have a ranking so start with the highest ranked one. The browser on my  TV I use is called Zeus.

Yep, I hear you.  I had bought a subscription to Windscribe VPN ages ago back when companies actually sold VPN licenses for a one-time flat fee rather than a monthly fee.  I think it was like $15 to $20 bucks.  I set my VPN location to England and never have a problem getting a blacked out Sox game.  It’s been more reliable for me than Reddit streams, which I also used to watch.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Haha, me too.  That's awesome.  Guess I will survive the Soxpocollypse after all.,

But will you want to?  It might actually be better to live in the woods with no electricity and TV like Ted Kaczynski.  No awful baseball to annoy you, just beautiful nature!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

But will you want to?  It might actually be better to live in the woods with no electricity and TV like Ted Kaczynski.  No awful baseball to annoy you, just beautiful nature!

You might have a point.

22 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

If you don't mind me asking, what TV? That's pretty awesome.

There's a lot of jargon that's lost on people because of all the different makes and models of TV available so maybe on higher end TVs there's an antenna built in but maybe it's just the OTA tuner because antennas still need to point in the right direction to receive OTA signals. My cheapo 4K TV has an OTA tuner which is listed under Inputs along with other things you input into your TV through HDMI ports like Blu-ray and 4K players and other auxillary ports. But I'd have a hard time getting any OTA channels if I didn't stick an old stereo copper wire antenna into the cable input and that became my antenna when I scanned for OTA channels. I still have to move the antenna around depending on the channel I'm watching for NFL games on CBS , NBC , ABC or Fox. I have a picture on the wall above my TV which is on a stand and I just slide the antenna along the top of the picture a little bit if I start losing the signal. People do confuse having a tuner for having an antenna

A tuner alloed you to scan for channels .An antenna allows the signals for those channels to be picked up and added to the tuner if strong enough. You could get different channels every time you do a scan. I'd be like hey why aren't I getting CBS now . It takes trial and error to position antenna or better antenna for optimal results . You have to have a bit of scientist in you unfortunately to get best results if you're intent on saving money and gettng to watch your favorite sport teams.

We could help each other out by making and pinning a thread after Oct 1st that says I live in this location , I have this kind of TV and use this kind of antenna , and I can watch OTA Bulls and Blackhawks games without a problem.

• Thanks 1