CHSN to be available on antenna in Chicago

Heads22

10 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

What do you think websites for a TV station are nowadays? 

Not a single webpage that I could have created in 5 minutes?

Please stop being a clown. This is right off their page:

Our official website will launch soon as we strive to serve you as the best destination for Chicago sports fans.  

Here's the website for Altitude, the channel of the Nuggets and Avalanche:

https://www.altitudesports.com/

Edited by Paulie4Pres

4 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Not a single webpage that I could have created in 5 minutes?

Please stop being a clown. This is right off their page:

Our official website will launch soon as we strive to serve you as the best destination for Chicago sports fans.  

I'm not the one super upset that they don't have some huge sprawling website before they have even launched as a network. What do you want them to have posted? Their TV schedule they are still figuring out? Clips that don't exist yet? Articles/blogs from people who literally just started working there? They have every single piece of information you need on the website currently. But sure, I'm the clown. 

Edited by PaleAleSox

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

I'm not the one super upset that they don't have some huge sprawling website before they have even launched as a network. What do you want them to have posted? Their TV schedule they are still figuring out? Clips that don't exist yet? Articles/blogs from people who literally just started working there? They have literally every single piece of information you need on the website currently. But sure, I'm the clown. 

Yes, you are being a clown. Because the network actually launches...today.

The point of my post is that the quote I referenced above originally said "Our official website will launch October 1st." and now it says "soon".

2 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Yes, you are being a clown. Because the network actually launches...today.

The point of my post is that the quote I referenced above originally said "Our official website will launch October 1st." and now it says "soon".

Wow the first time the launch of something has been delayed in the history of the world. It's a website in the  year 2024. Clown behavior is caring about that, especially when they are presenting you all of the information you currently need/they have available.

1 minute ago, PaleAleSox said:

Wow the first time the launch of something has been delayed in the history of the world. It's a website in the  year 2024. Clown behavior is caring about that, especially when they are presenting you all of the information you currently need/they have available.

It's just straight up amateur hour bullshit. Which is exactly what most logical people expected from a Reinsdorf run broadcast network. It speaks to the disaster this has been and will continue to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It's just straight up amateur hour bullshit. Which is exactly what most logical people expected from a Reinsdorf run broadcast network. It speaks to the disaster this has been and will continue to be.

So would you prefer they have some tabs up top that say "VIDEO" and "HOT TAKES" with nothing there? Would that make you feel better about whatever it is you are currently going through about a website? 

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

So would you prefer they have some tabs up top that say "VIDEO" and "HOT TAKES" with nothing there? Would that make you feel better about whatever it is you are currently going through about a website? 

Personally I think a working website on day 1 of a sports television station in the 3rd largest market is something that shouldn’t be half assed.  And to add to that point, having agreements with cable carriers is a right there with it.

i know some have accepted the failures  and mediocrity of this man, but I don’t 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Personally I think a working website on day 1 of a sports television station in the 3rd largest market is something that shouldn’t be half assed.  And to add to that point, having agreements with cable carriers is a right there with it.

There is a working website. You are able to click on it and it gives you information. I'm sorry they don't have clips from their non-existent shows like the website example Paulie gave has? 

Also - getting cable agreements is incredibly hard right now. The whole system is going through massive changes. ESPN was just off air on one for a few weeks for a dispute. Quite frankly, they are already on more distributors than I thought they would be. 

• TLR 1

2 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

There is a working website. You are able to click on it and it gives you information. I'm sorry they don't have clips from their non-existent shows like the website example Paulie gave has? 

Also - getting cable agreements is incredibly hard right now. The whole system is going through massive changes. ESPN was just off air on one for a few weeks for a dispute. Quite frankly, they are already on more distributors than I thought they would be. 

It's nice that your standards are so low. Jerry appreciates customers like you. lol

12 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I get it, you accept it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I get it, you accept it.

I accept that the TV industry is changing and getting deals done like this as a RSN is very hard to do? Yes.

And I accept that a TV website doesn't matter and at no point did I ever visit CSN's website or even know the URL? Also yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Go click on it again. Looks like your anger really made them work harder and add more.

Lol. I spent three minutes on their new "website", and I've already found 4-5 errors. Don't get too excited. They went from something a high school kid in web design could create in a single class, to something that student created overnight for homework.... (yes, I have web design experience) They can't even proofread or QA before launching. The very first section of their FAQ says:

"We recommend you visit this website for guidance on selecting and installing an antenna and scanning for channels."

They forget the actual website/link. That high school student's grade just dropped to a B.

Their OTA channel list isn't even up to date:

• Chicago, IL: WJYS, 62.2 and 62.3
  • Rockford, IL: (Coming soon)
  • South Bend, IN: (Coming soon)
  • Milwaukee, WI: (Coming soon)
  • Grand Rapids, MI: (Coming soon)
  • Des Moines, IA: (Coming soon)
  • Champaign/Springfield, IL: (Coming soon)
  • Paducah, KY: (Coming soon)
  • Cedar Rapids/Davenport, IA: (Coming soon)
  • Peoria, IL: WHOI, (Coming soon)
  • Sioux City, IA: KMEG, (Coming soon)
  • Quincy, IL: WTJR, (Coming soon)
  • Indianapolis, IN: (Coming Soon)

Gray Television’s CBS affiliate WSLN (Ch. 23) in Rockford and NBC affiliate WNDU (Ch. 16) in South Bend, Ind. were announced two weeks ago, and no mention on their "website".

Now that student's grade is a C.

I'll just stop there, as it's more than enough to prove my point.

As I said, amateur hour bullshit.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

JR is 88 and drooling. Sports and Sports Channels are dumb. Lets get sarcastic.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

JR is 88 and drooling. Sports and Sports Channels are dumb. Lets get sarcastic.

How could he even know what to do with a new cable station?  He is old!

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

I'm not the one super upset that they don't have some huge sprawling website before they have even launched as a network. What do you want them to have posted? Their TV schedule they are still figuring out? Clips that don't exist yet? Articles/blogs from people who literally just started working there? They have every single piece of information you need on the website currently. But sure, I'm the clown. 

It’s the equivalent of the old “Under Construction” HTML page from the 1990’s…

under_construction.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I know people get upset about these gif’s but why would anyone think they should defend the worst owner in baseball who has crapped on Sox fans (including those fans that defend him) for years?

It's beyond amazing. Then they try the elder abuse thing, yet somehow the man is lucid enough to go to Springfield to ask for a billion plus, and say, hey, this team is worth more elsewhere, I'm just trying to do the state a favor before his son will be forced to sell it to someone who will move them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I know people get upset about these gif’s but why would anyone think they should defend the worst owner in baseball who has crapped on Sox fans (including those fans that defend him) for years?

I don't understand how saying "yeah getting TV deals right now is extremely difficult" is defending him. Some teams have straight up given up on getting themselves on linear television and are just doing straight DTC. I can state the facts of the industry. It doesn't mean I'm defending him.