Sox @ Angels 8:38 pm Cannon vs. Detmers

caulfield12

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Is Beni single-handedly trying to make himself a tradable commodity?

I was gonna say is Beni becoming a good player? Do the Sox actually have a decent hitter in Beni for 2025? His batting average still blows but how can you deny he's had a great run?

26 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

No way I can stay up to see the end of this one. We may be on our way to screwing up the one thing that looked inevitable, in the all time worst team in history...

36-4-12505.gif

Late night West Coast games are known for late inning collapses...this one is not guaranteed. 

I'll check in the morning to see if winning streak is alive.

This is going to turn out funny remember you heard it here first. Sox are playing some very bad teams and are gonna finish on an incredibly positive note. Sizemore keeps the job for sure and we try to ride this pitching staff and the resurgent Vaughn/Beni to contention. What really will happen will be not a 35 or 42 win season but prolly 49-50 wins next year.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

This is going to turn out funny remember you heard it here first. Sox are playing some very bad teams and are gonna finish on an incredibly positive note. Sizemore keeps the job for sure and we try to ride this pitching staff and the resurgent Vaughn/Beni to contention. What really will happen will be not a 35 or 42 win season but prolly 49-50 wins next year.

Too early.

There have been these mini streaks before.

Probably the biggest fear is we end up sticking with Sizemore for another year.

The only thing that has really changed are the Burke start, and Benintendi and Vaughn looking like halfway decent big league ballplayers.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Capn12 said:

Is Beni single-handedly trying to make himself a tradable commodity?

If that happens they most likely will end up with someone worse.  Every organization has a Vargas or 2 to pawn off the Sox.  Of course the Sox organizations has plenty of those anyway.   The plot will be #MakeBirminghamBetter.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I kept thinking at least Outman can play a decent CF and has had a 4 WAr season 😂

I honestly would have preferred Outman over Vargas, for that reason alone. And left-handed hitter. Especially if you weren't getting a young, prospect who's clock hadn't started anyway. Of course, I would still complain that they traded for someone who's clock started and is older, but with the power of hindsight, I can say I would have preferred Outman to Vargas.