Moncada back, Julks down

southsider2k5

23 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Shocker. It's almost as if he had to be activated by league rules and not because they want him on the active roster.

Julks is also dreadful.  Will be interesting to see if that lottery ticket pitcher turns into anything for the Astros.  He has been solid across rookie ball and low A ball this year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Julks is also dreadful.  Will be interesting to see if that lottery ticket pitcher turns into anything for the Astros.  He has been solid across rookie ball and low A ball this year.

Bad use of a 40-man spot. Trading someone who was only 20 and didn't need to be on the 40-man for a AAAA player. I'm shocked Corey Julks sucks. Shocked I tell ya.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Luis Rodriguez. Pitched well for Houston's teams.

Edited by oldsox

Hilarious that Moncada has been activated yet hasn’t played yet.  More proof that the Sox have no problem playing a man down.

However, it will be even more pointless once the Sox DO play Moncada and waste at bats on him when he will be some other team’s problem next season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

50 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Bad use of a 40-man spot. Trading someone who was only 20 and didn't need to be on the 40-man for a AAAA player. I'm shocked Corey Julks sucks. Shocked I tell ya.

I was told Corey Julks was the future.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He is a part of future Sox teams, just like Sheets…  but it’s a bad and ugly future.

I don't want Corey Julks anywhere near Future Sox's writing staff. That team is good at what they do and diluting them would be nonsense.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hilarious that Moncada has been activated yet hasn’t played yet.  More proof that the Sox have no problem playing a man down.

However, it will be even more pointless once the Sox DO play Moncada and waste at bats on him when he will be some other team’s problem next season.

I think they're just using him as a backup since they are paying him. That's fine. He's not taking time away from anyone who could potentially be here long-term filling in rarely.

37 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don't think those things are mutually exclusive and for once the team is doing the right thing.  They aren't playing him because they want to give ABs to the young guys, which is absolutely the right call. If Moncada was still hurt, they would have had an excuse to return him to the IL and not worry about him at all./

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't think those things are mutually exclusive and for once the team is doing the right thing.  They aren't playing him because they want to give ABs to the young guys, which is absolutely the right call. If Moncada was still hurt, they would have had an excuse to return him to the IL and not worry about him at all./

Is Moncada ever truly 100%?  🏥 

From DVS Sun-Times story today:

Moncada wants to play

Third baseman Yoan Moncada wasn’t in the lineup a fourth consecutive game since finishing his rehab assignment, and he’s not sure when he’ll start in the last eight games.

“I don’t know what the plan is,” Moncada said. “They don’t talk to me. I don’t know anything, really.”

Asked if he’s unhappy about not playing, Moncada said, “Yeah, I’m here. I know it’s hard. It is what it is.”

“It’s not easy,” Sizemore said. “And it’s not an indication of him as a player or anything like that. It’s just where we are at as an organization, what the priorities are.”

Moncada entered as a pinch runner in extra innings of a 4-3 loss at the Angels on Wednesday, then struck out in his only at-bat. On Friday, Sizemore reiterated the team’s priority to play Bryan Ramos and Miguel Vargas, knowing Moncada likely won’t be with the Sox next season.

“He’s taking it well,” Sizemore said. “I should probably still be talking to him more about what the plan is. But at the same time, we have to see what these guys have. We have limited games left to really evaluate them.”

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2