Moncada back, Julks down

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

From DVS Sun-Times story today:

Moncada wants to play

Third baseman Yoan Moncada wasn’t in the lineup a fourth consecutive game since finishing his rehab assignment, and he’s not sure when he’ll start in the last eight games.

“I don’t know what the plan is,” Moncada said. “They don’t talk to me. I don’t know anything, really.”

Asked if he’s unhappy about not playing, Moncada said, “Yeah, I’m here. I know it’s hard. It is what it is.”

“It’s not easy,” Sizemore said. “And it’s not an indication of him as a player or anything like that. It’s just where we are at as an organization, what the priorities are.”

Moncada entered as a pinch runner in extra innings of a 4-3 loss at the Angels on Wednesday, then struck out in his only at-bat. On Friday, Sizemore reiterated the team’s priority to play Bryan Ramos and Miguel Vargas, knowing Moncada likely won’t be with the Sox next season.

“He’s taking it well,” Sizemore said. “I should probably still be talking to him more about what the plan is. But at the same time, we have to see what these guys have. We have limited games left to really evaluate them.”

Huh, it's almost like they should have been playing these guys for months now instead of jerking them around 

• Paper Bag 1

18 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Huh, it's almost like they should have been playing these guys for months now instead of jerking them around 

If this organization had a history of actually developing players instead of ruining them I could believe that they analyzed the players, set certain milestones in development, all to avoid rushing the player into the majors before they were ready and hurting their development. 

But we know that's not us. So once again they did the exact wrong thing. I think we can assume the guys were ready and we lost an opportunity to get these guys experience during a throw away year.  

30 minutes ago, Texsox said:

If this organization had a history of actually developing players instead of ruining them I could believe that they analyzed the players, set certain milestones in development, all to avoid rushing the player into the majors before they were ready and hurting their development. 

But we know that's not us. So once again they did the exact wrong thing. I think we can assume the guys were ready and we lost an opportunity to get these guys experience during a throw away year.  

Baldwin is a perfect example this year of some rushed because the performance in the middle infield was so poor...especially after DeJong trade.

Then he ends up getting hurt to top it all off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wrathofhahn said:

It is not good to jerk around free agents. Release him and allow him to get at bats somewhere else if you are not going to play him.

I'll admit it could come back to haunt the Sox, word will get around but personally after what that stiff has put the fan base through for the last several years. I hope he rots on the bench the final week and doesn't sniff an at-bat.