Sox have hired a director of "leadership and culture"

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Did they not say the exact same thing in 2016?  Here we are, 8 years later with the worst team in our lifetimes staring us in the face and he is gonna invest in the farm this time.

THIS TIME, he will do it.  This time

And of course, no one will actually ask those kinds of questions, nor will they stand up as a press conference and talk about these things in detail, so we get the minions getting their PR pieces in exchange for good press.

Time will tell if this changes anything. I was told by sources for that story I came out with in November 2022 that there was dysfunction everywhere, people only concerned about their own departments, people angling for promotions only. This comment was telling to me:

“There are department heads in the organization who don’t know what they are doing, worse, all they care about is getting ahead themselves, some of them are real snakes.”

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Time will tell if this changes anything. I was told by sources for that story I came out with in November 2022 that there was dysfunction everywhere, people only concerned about their own departments, people angling for promotions only. This comment was telling to me:

“There are department heads in the organization who don’t know what they are doing, worse, all they care about is getting ahead themselves, some of them are real snakes.”

But guys who bash their work mates anonymously to media, those are the guys who you want around.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Bernstein called them weasels. They all want to be part of JRs loyalty program, success not mandatory.  BTW a lot of the business world is like this.  I remeber working under bad managers and came to the reality there are 5 more that are probably worse.

• Like 1

Unfortunately my benefit of the doubt is too low considering the parade of grifters that find themselves in this org. Great org to get paid to do nothing. Too many Marco Paddy's brought into bring legitimacy when they really just want to retire without retiring. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Is Mahler the new boogeyman for the Vargas trade?

Reading that article...feels like wholesale changes are NOT on the way.

Not even expecting a move on the catching front after two imported vets blew up in their faces.

One can only hope that they can figure out a way to improve the outfield and bullpen somehow.

Dude, Quero and Lee are our catchers for the next 5+ years, I don’t see why you can’t accept that

Culture - a new buzzword that no one talked about before.  Good players play good baseball.  The reality is if they want to improve the vague meaning of culture then they need to start with not having TLR around.  

The real problem that most of these psychology type solutions is they ignore the obvious.   It starts with the fan base.  They created a culture of the habitual losing small market franchise.

I know longer can call this organization the White Sox but the Reinsdorfs.  I'm all for the Reinsdorfs going to Nashville.  

The only change Sox fans want is ownership.   

Most athletes are like employees that never criticize their employer.  That goes for many former athletes.  We will never know the truth and that truth has to come directly from the player.  

I feel like an A's fan. Sure the team is still here but now it's the Chicago Reinsdorfs.  The White Sox are dead.  

• Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Culture - a new buzzword that no one talked about before.  Good players play good baseball.  The reality is if they want to improve the vague meaning of culture then they need to start with not having TLR around.  

The real problem that most of these psychology type solutions is they ignore the obvious.   It starts with the fan base.  They created a culture of the habitual losing small market franchise.

I know longer can call this organization the White Sox but the Reinsdorfs.  I'm all for the Reinsdorfs going to Nashville.  

The only change Sox fans want is ownership.   

Most athletes are like employees that never criticize their employer.  That goes for many former athletes.  We will never know the truth and that truth has to come directly from the player.  

I feel like an A's fan. Sure the team is still here but now it's the Chicago Reinsdorfs.  The White Sox are dead.  

It could also be another cheap way of not addressing the ACTUAL problems in the Sox organization.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Instead of paying 100 million to upgrade the team, they will pay 5 million within the organization.  Yay

If they are going to go all of the way, this could be the best thing they ever did.  But hearing people talk about them not wanting to deal with analytics, it seems like we will half ass it.  Again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

Instead of paying 100 million to upgrade the team, they will pay 5 million within the organization.  Yay

They really need to invest in the org. But if you’re skeptical that they actually do it, or that they do it right, I totally get that.

Ideally they invest in both the team and the organization, but it’s not like JR is some billionaire. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

*yelling from the back of the room*
”SIT DOWN!”

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

[searches for something to throw\

Boy, it's getting kinda ugly around here.

I'm sure happy I'm not running one of those SoxFest Q&A sessions.

• Haha 1