9/18 game thread vs ANA

wegner

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It is just mind blowing that they accepted this guy as the return for their best trade assets. You won't be able to give him away next season. He's total garbage.

And it’s why all this fluff about internal changes doesn’t mean anything when he is truly terrible at evaluating talent.  Every metric about him showed he was a bad player. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fathom said:

And it’s why all this fluff about internal changes doesn’t mean anything when he is truly terrible at evaluating talent.  Every metric about him showed he was a bad player. 

And one instance where the metrics and the eye test match up perfectly. There's literally nothing there. He's a AA caliber player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never understood how it can be so hard to find A GM and a manager Who simply have

a baseball IQ of 97.  Since we;re talking about the Sox I should point out that this is not a 

combined score.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

And one instance where the metrics and the eye test match up perfectly. There's literally nothing there. He's a AA caliber player.

The eye test should be all it takes.  Vargas has been absolute cow dung in 559 career plate appearances.  That’s a full season of at bats over three seasons.  There is no way the Sox are going to be the team that fixes the guy when he was just as bad with the Dodgers.

Brandon Gomes hoodwinked Getz, just as other GM’s have already done and will continue to do so in the future.

BTW — excellent extra innings loss!  Get that record Getz, you sorry excuse for a GM!

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fathom said:

But what did their assistant hitting coach say?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The eye test should be all it takes.  Vargas has been absolute cow dung in 559 career plate appearances.  That’s a full season of at bats over three seasons.  There is no way the Sox are going to be the team that fixes the guy when he was just as bad with the Dodgers.

Brandon Gomes hoodwinked Getz, just as other GM’s have already done and will continue to do so in the future.

BTW — excellent extra innings loss!  Get that record Getz, you sorry excuse for a GM!

They also share the same facilities.  Maybe they saw something the Dodgers missed?

The word on the street for GMs must be Getz can be fleeced.

Schriffen on the post game said Sox should consider trades with Oakland. When has that ever worked?

• Like 1

117 losses. Looks like 120 is possible. So what's the most losses in modern history; and in all of baseball history. This is pretty cool we haven't hit the 40 win mark yet. We need to see how many wins we all predicted. I'm pretty sure mine was low 40s maybe 30s.

28 minutes ago, greg775 said:

117 losses. Looks like 120 is possible. So what's the most losses in modern history; and in all of baseball history. This is pretty cool we haven't hit the 40 win mark yet. We need to see how many wins we all predicted. I'm pretty sure mine was low 40s maybe 30s.

The 1916 Philadelphia Athletics season was the 16th season of the Philadelphia Athletics baseball franchise. The team concluded the season in eighth place within the American League, achieving a record of 36 wins against 117 losses (.235 winning percentage).

Then the modern record, the 1962 NY Mets...The 1962 Mets (expansion team) set the modern-era record for losses in a season with 40-120-1.

With an even month left in the season, Chicago (White Sox) has lost 104 games, three losses ahead even of the '62 Mets' pace for the season.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to 9/18 game thread vs ANA