The Athletic: Must Read article on Jerry Reinsdorf/White Sox

thedoctor

14 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

Quite the strange hill to die on.  New players were literally making fun of the damn thing when they walked in it.  Don't really need to say much else.

Hall of Fame List is useful.

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

I 100% believe that there are multiple guys that have totally different career trajectories on other teams. I cite Andrew Vaughn often. I really believe he was just wrecked by the White Sox. 

It feels like so many players come here and develop the same fucking problems. They don't look like the players they were in college, other farm systems or even in the Sox minors when they were powering themselves on raw talent.

They get to the majors and turn into a homogeneous black-and-white blob of suck.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jerry is 88 years old and could potentially live another 12 years.  There is no hope for this org until the reaper decides enough is enough.  Truly sad what has become of this franchise since 2005.

He’s a billionaire that still is seemingly in decent shape and seems relatively coherent, he could very easily make it to 100.  Then it probably takes at least 5 years to rebuild the franchise from top to bottom.  We could realistically be two decades away from this team truly being competitive.  

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Do you fly cross country every 3 or 4 days? Seriously, GTFO.

I did for years as a VP of Sales. Just about every week. Out on Tuesday back on Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/09/19/fed-up-white-sox-fans-have-seen-enough

Got an e-mail this morning from a former member of the front office who said the article by Rosenthal was 100% accurate. The only "regret" they said was that Ken didn't even get into what was happening on the marketing/public relations/broadcasting side of things.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Got around to reading it….fans really should boycott this franchise.  Reinsdorf has to sell

Yeah. The only silver lining to this dogcrap season was the fact that national reporters and writers came in to truly see the truth behind Jerry's archaic operation. He's been concealing this for so long, which is likely the reason for his constant "in-house" hires or "loyalty" to his employees approach. Deep down he knew his methods would be deeply criticized if ever exposed. Welp... they are offically exposed! It's everything we anticipated with the ineptitude of this franchise year after year. 

Jerry must sell now!! BOYCOTT that loser! 

Edited by GreatScott82
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/09/19/fed-up-white-sox-fans-have-seen-enough

Got an e-mail this morning from a former member of the front office who said the article by Rosenthal was 100% accurate. The only "regret" they said was that Ken didn't even get into what was happening on the marketing/public relations/broadcasting side of things.

I 100% believe that Brooks Boyer has more pull in this franchise than Chris Getz.  Jerry probably views it as, the GM and coaching staff cost you money; Brooks and the sales department make you money.  If you did a true org chart based on the influence people have, I believe Jerry is at the top with TLR and Brooks underneath him, then every other person is below that.

I can’t find any recent info but now I’m super interested how the Bulls travel.  Obviously the staff and roster isn’t as large but I’m smirking picturing a bunch of NBA players crammed into coach, lol.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

I wonder who the sacrificial lamb will be since they've been just as s%*# post-Grifol, post-Eloy and Moncada's played, what, 12 games?

My guess is Katz. But you know, that won't explain the offense and defense that the Wunderkind has been lauded* for developing. I guess they have to can...Barfield?

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

I wonder who the sacrificial lamb will be since they've been just as s%*# post-Grifol, post-Eloy and Moncada's played, what, 12 games?

My guess is Katz. But you know, that won't explain the offense and defense that the Wunderkind has been caused for developing. I guess they have to can...Barfield?

I bet the circle the wagons and pretend this never happened, just like they have for the last year.  Maybe a few empty platitudes, mixed in with an eventual Jerry snide comment.

I really wonder if they will have the stones to have Soxfest, and even more if they have a public facing Q&A type panel with some of these clowns answering questions in front of a crowd.

8 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Yeah. The only silver lining to this dogcrap season was the fact that national reporters and writers came in to truly see the truth behind Jerry's archaic operation. He's been concealing this for so long, which is likely the reason for his constant "in-house" hires or "loyalty" to his employees approach. Deep down he knew his methods would be deeply criticized if ever exposed. Welp... they are offically exposed! It's everything we anticipated with the ineptitude of this franchise year after year. 

Jerry must sell now!! BOYCOTT that loser! 

while i'm happy this is out there, i seriously doubt external pressure is going to affect any change. we've had sell the team billboards and banners in stadium for two years now and it's done nothing. at this point, i want to see the stories more just to embarrass the SOB and further sully his legacy as opposed to thinking it is going do anything to the product on the field. if anything, they'll just turn more inward.

45 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

It isn't the age of the plane. It's the fact that it sucks and is worse than the rest of the league. Seriously. Eight first class seats?

The big question is who gets those 8 seats?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I bet the circle the wagons and pretend this never happened, just like they have for the last year.  Maybe a few empty platitudes, mixed in with an eventual Jerry snide comment.

I really wonder if they will have the stones to have Soxfest, and even more if they have a public facing Q&A type panel with some of these clowns answering questions in front of a crowd.

They won't.

But when Jerry gets embarrassed, he finds himself a fall guy. The problem is they already canned most of the top candidates.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

f*** these guys if they can't play because they don't like the charter plane. Fly fucking commercial. Sorry if they aren't pampered enough.  How about win 63 games and we'll upgrade? 

Haven’t you argued with me in the past that the scrub vets that Getz acquired should be earning even more money than they signed for?  But now you think that they aren’t worth flying to various cities in first class in a newer jet?

Do you just try to take the ridiculous side of every argument on purpose?  It’s very strange.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

They won't.

But when Jerry gets embarrassed, he finds himself a fall guy. The problem is they already canned most of the top candidates.

With the timing of this article who is left?  Pretty much all that is around are Getz people, everyone else has been fired.  Maybe if this come out a while ago, you blame the scouts, Marco, etc and then fire them anyway, but honestly who is left? We know Tony isn't going anywhere.  Getz and his hires aren't going anywhere.  They just slotted most of the MiLB and MLB game day staff, so that isn't going to happen.  About all that didn't get hit is the communications people and board members.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really can’t picture a scenario in which Getz, Jerry, TLR, or Boyer make a public appearance or answer any questions from fans.  It’ll be a new manager that has no culpability, a bunch of the coaching staff, and players.  Guarantee everyone will be given very specific talking points.  

27 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I 100% believe that Brooks Boyer has more pull in this franchise than Chris Getz.  Jerry probably views it as, the GM and coaching staff cost you money; Brooks and the sales department make you money.  If you did a true org chart based on the influence people have, I believe Jerry is at the top with TLR and Brooks underneath him, then every other person is below that.

10000%

Thinking back a bit, I have now had a member of the sales department contact me I think 4 times (at least 3) in the last couple of weeks, wanting to talk about ticket sales and making themselves available for questions.  Now contrast that with the dude at the top who has literally made himself available to answer to nothing.  If Jerry won't talk to us, I sure as hell am not talking to anyone on his sales team.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

The big question is who gets those 8 seats?

There was probably some sort of hierarchy for the players. Vets like Abreu go first. Makes you wonder if that helped divide the team back in 2022. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

With the timing of this article who is left?  Pretty much all that is around are Getz people, everyone else has been fired.  Maybe if this come out a while ago, you blame the scouts, Marco, etc and then fire them anyway, but honestly who is left? We know Tony isn't going anywhere.  Getz and his hires aren't going anywhere.  They just slotted most of the MiLB and MLB game day staff, so that isn't going to happen.  About all that didn't get hit is the communications people and board members.

That's what makes it funny. They thought canning Grifol, Tosar, Paddy, etc. would maybe satiate the fans.

But the losing has continued. Fans want blood and the national media is dunking on Reinsdorf harder than the #FireGarPax era.