Kuhl DFA, Soroka activated, Leasure to AAA

southsider2k5

22 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The win-loss record doesn't matter. Until it does. Getz is finally making changes to the organization that should have happened 5-10 years ago. I didn't really want the team to set the loss record, but who really cares? It's an organizational rebuild. Either the guys Getz puts in place will affect real change, or the team will get moderately better until JR kicks, then new owners will clean house. 

I really don't understand the need for everybody you encounter to repeat the things you say in your head. 

Personally, the all time record for losses in a season matters to me. I also think it matters to 99.99% of White Sox fans. Maybe not you, but you haven't made sense in quite a while. Kudos to you for listening to your idol and embracing the worst record of all time.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Why do you hold water for a front office that has put together the worst team of all time? They are already 26 losses above your preseason projection with 6 to play. So even sucking that is taking a team you expect to win 90 games and having them lose 100. CHRIS GETZ SUCKS.

Screenshot_20240604_213822_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

All I know is anyone could have built the worst team of all time under those circumstances. If you can't do better than the worst team of all time, you shouldn't hold the job.

Look, a LOT of team lost 100 games before.  Literally none of them ever came back the next year and lost 120 games, EVER IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL. This is not a who could have done better situation.   This has Literally never been done before.  It's failure on a historical level.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

The win-loss record doesn't matter. Until it does. Getz is finally making changes to the organization that should have happened 5-10 years ago. I didn't really want the team to set the loss record, but who really cares? It's an organizational rebuild. Either the guys Getz puts in place will affect real change, or the team will get moderately better until JR kicks, then new owners will clean house. 

I really don't understand the need for everybody you encounter to repeat the things you say in your head. 

The problem is that hiring the right staff around him is nice, but at the end of the day, those guys are all there to:

1. Help Getz get the right players - through drafting, FA signings, and trades

2. Help Getz develop those players into becoming the best players they can be

So far, while I will give Getz more time in his current role for (2), his track record on (1) so far is atrocious.. If he can't figure out how to improve on (1), he'll never succeed in producing a winning team.

Say what you will about the expectations of the 2024 season - if we had a GM who did all of the things Chris Getz seemingly does right (hire competent staff) AND who didn't suck at signing / trading for players, we'd be a good 10~20 games better than we are. Horrendous, but not the literal worst team ever.

6 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The problem is that hiring the right staff around him is nice, but at the end of the day, those guys are all there to:

1. Help Getz get the right players - through drafting, FA signings, and trades

2. Help Getz develop those players into becoming the best players they can be

So far, while I will give Getz more time in his current role for (2), his track record on (1) so far is atrocious.. If he can't figure out how to improve on (1), he'll never succeed in producing a winning team.

Say what you will about the expectations of the 2024 season - if we had a GM who did all of the things Chris Getz seemingly does right (hire competent staff) AND who didn't suck at signing / trading for players, we'd be a good 10~20 games better than we are. Horrendous, but not the literal worst team ever.

Well, yeah. That's the whole point. The amateur draft is fine. They just need to develop the guys they draft. International is a mess, and they've taken steps to revamp.

I didn't mind the return for Cease, Fedde was a good signing. The Bummer trade - I think my thoughts are known. Fletcher didn't hit the ground running, and the return for Santos seems....okay. The Fedde trade was a f*ck-up. I think they're one prospect light, as James Fox stated. They have to be able to target guys like Vargas in other organizations, and have a plan to fix them. If they can't do that, they might as well just draft and sign pitchers. 

I'm a fan. Like you said, I can either watch what's going on and wait to see how it turns out, or just whine and b*tch. I choose the former. 

6 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Well, yeah. That's the whole point. The amateur draft is fine. They just need to develop the guys they draft. International is a mess, and they've taken steps to revamp.

I didn't mind the return for Cease, Fedde was a good signing. The Bummer trade - I think my thoughts are known. Fletcher didn't hit the ground running, and the return for Santos seems....okay. The Fedde trade was a f*ck-up. I think they're one prospect light, as James Fox stated. They have to be able to target guys like Vargas in other organizations, and have a plan to fix them. If they can't do that, they might as well just draft and sign pitchers. 

I'm a fan. Like you said, I can either watch what's going on and wait to see how it turns out, or just whine and b*tch. I choose the former. 

Whining and bitching about whining and bitching is still whining and bitching. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, JoeC said:

Bummer was bad with the Sox.

His specialty was coming in as a lefty and walking the first hitter (typically a lefty).

That said, he had trade value, because his peripherals were really good usually.

Should we have expected a king’s ransom for him? No.

Should we have gotten more for him? Yes.

They got guys they could have picked up for nothing a couple days later. At least 3 of those guys would have been non-tendered.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I think when the team breaks the record for most losses in a season then the win-loss record 'does count'.

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They got guys they could have picked up for nothing a couple days later. At least 3 of those guys would have been non-tendered.

I mean, you could make the case that they traded for "dibs" on these guys, I suppose.

But yes - they could have picked up guys like Lopez and Soroka, probably for less money than they ultimately paid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

That has been the problem for this team for many years even when Getz was Director of Player Development, especially when it comes to the development of position players.

15 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

That has been the problem for this team for many years even when Getz was Director of Player Development, especially when it comes to the development of position players.

Mike Shirley will be the scouting director as long as Getz is around. He's the scout that signed him. You can't complain about his first rounders yet. But it would be nice to see the Sox develop multiple contributors from the same draft. Their 2nd round history has to be the worst in the sport. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Mike Shirley will be the scouting director as long as Getz is around. He's the scout that signed him. You can't complain about his first rounders yet. But it would be nice to see the Sox develop multiple contributors from the same draft. Their 2nd round history has to be the worst in the sport. 

Pretty sure KC first rounders from late 80s through Moustakas/Homer drafts  would clinch worst set of first rounders.