Sox @ SD Game Thread (9/21) Not Needed; Sox Still Suck

WhiteSox2023

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’d rather watch neither.  Getz is such a terrible GM that he passed on several players he could have acquired for a song that would have improved this team.

Joey Bart

Victor Robles

Instead, we are watching Fletcher and Vargas play little league baseball.

would it matter who the players are? if you haven't been reading the news stories, Sox are playing with significant strategic disadvantages due to how far behind they are compared to the rest of the league

pillar left the Sox and immediately became a decent player 

roster sucks yeah but they have zero help

• Paper Bag 1

57 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I half watched this game and Schriffen was on fire tonight as the chooch he is. Pregame he yelled Flexen has his curve all working. He hadn’t throw a pitch yet. Then  he said the Sox were playing the Dodgers. And the said the bullpen has become a team strength.  

EIther he is just a clueless f***, or thinks his audience is beyond stupid.

He doesn't care about either.  He's getting paid to pitch a product. 

119 losses. How? Why? Nobody could have ever predicted a team could ever be this bad. Even expansion teams won more games in a season. Jerry is a colossal failure. This almost nullifies the 2005 title. I mean there's still a chance we don't even win 40. Think about that. Jerry ... get some of your money and walk through the crowd at our final home game and give out some 100 dollar bills. My gawd.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

He doesn't care about either.  He's getting paid to pitch a product. 

You'd think Stoney would quit after the final game. Some other team would pick him up in a minute. His partner is amateurish sorry to say. He can stay obviously but Stoney should move on and let him have Gordo.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I half watched this game and Schriffen was on fire tonight as the chooch he is. Pregame he yelled Flexen has his curve all working. He hadn’t throw a pitch yet. Then  he said the Sox were playing the Dodgers. And the said the bullpen has become a team strength.  

EIther he is just a clueless f***, or thinks his audience is beyond stupid.

To go along with this guy, you have the fan-hating Steve Stone who would rather be somewhere else. It is unbelievable how Sox can't do anything right. Bennitti had his faults but he was never this bad. This situation just symbolizes how horrible this season has been and how there is so little hope for the future. Rebuild? Rebuild? What rebuild?

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

You'd think Stoney would quit after the final game. Some other team would pick him up in a minute. His partner is amateurish sorry to say. He can stay obviously but Stoney should move on and let him have Gordo.

Stone hasn't had any pride since he got here.  He sold out YEARS ago.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

119 losses. How? Why? Nobody could have ever predicted a team could ever be this bad. Even expansion teams won more games in a season. Jerry is a colossal failure. This almost nullifies the 2005 title. I mean there's still a chance we don't even win 40. Think about that. Jerry ... get some of your money and walk through the crowd at our final home game and give out some 100 dollar bills. My gawd.

…except for a lot of this board after watching the team for a few weeks in spring training.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Stone hasn't had any pride since he got here.  He sold out YEARS ago.

His recent depression act about watching losing baseball and thinking about retiring was an absolute joke.  Then about a week or two later he said he was coming back.  He’ll take Jerry’s money and continue to coast in the booth.  He gets off on having a partner to troll and fans to argue with on Twitter.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 hours ago, JoeC said:

…except for a lot of this board after watching the team for a few weeks in spring training.

All the praise for the Bummer move like we ended up with some kind of bounty of impacful talent because they were Braves...that was just ATL taking out the garbage and saving themselves a bunch of money on Lopez and Soroka, who they were likely going to cut anyway.

Shewmake?

Would have been better much better off simply keeping Romy Gonzalez.

Shuster has been okay as a poor man's Tanner Banks.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

His recent depression act about watching losing baseball and thinking about retiring was an absolute joke.  Then about a week or two later he said he was coming back.  He’ll take Jerry’s money and continue to coast in the booth.  He gets off on having a partner to troll and fans to argue with on Twitter.

Recent? Hes teased retirement every year and then come back for the last decade. Probably even longer. It's a running gag at this point lol

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

All the praise for the Bummer move like we ended up with some kind of bounty of impacful talent because they were Braves...that was just ATL taking out the garbage and saving themselves a bunch of money on Lopez and Soroka, who they were likely going to cut anyway.

Shewmake?

Would have been better much better off simply keeping Romy Gonzalez.

Shuster has been okay as a poor man's Tanner Banks.

It's like going into a bar wanting a shot of the $500 tequila while there bottles left of the $150 tequila and they try to convince you there's no difference in taste.  I think that how your better organizations are with top shelf prospects.   They know them better than any rankings or reports.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t know what they see in any of these guys.  All of the non-established guys on offense look like non-starters to me.

They should fire the guys responsible for developing those non-established guys.

They should also fire the guys responsible for bringing in the established guys.