Sox @ SD Game Thread (9/21) Not Needed; Sox Still Suck

WhiteSox2023

Well they did it. 120 losses. Now they have to stay in the 30s in wins. The sad thing is, today's lineup is pretty much next year's lineup. I can't see why they should be any better with that the case. Subtrack Crochet and you get a worse season some how.

Congrats to the 2024 White Sucks on tying the worst team in modern baseball. My hats off to everyone who was apart of this horrid team. This is something to cherish, how often can you claim to be the worst team in modern era baseball? That’s almost as good as winning the World Series. In a few years everyone will forget who the WS champs are, but for a very very VERY long time everyone will know who the 2024 White Sucks are. Good for you all, and congrats to the southsiders. Tip of the Obama hat to you all.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Once again, Getz should be ass canned solely for this crappy bullpen....oh yeah, and for the most losses in a season.

Wasn’t the bullpen actually supposed to be one of the “priorities” last offseason?  I don’t care what “mess” was left from the KW/Hahn era, what constraints he’s operating under because of JR, how much influence TLR has in decisions…Getz, at this point, has assembled the worst MLB roster of all time.  He continually makes horribly lopsided trades, puzzling roster management, and clearly can’t evaluate talent.  

I’m so praying that now that the record is set, golf season is near, and every player/staff member completely stops even making a minute effort & get swept in both series to finish 90 games under.  Obviously the first 156 have been bad but I’m hoping the last 6 are like hilariously horrible.  Double digit blowouts every night, little league style errors, guys going to the plate with no intention to swing, shutouts, maybe a no-hitter.  Would be awesome.

Edited by Rusty