Peavy discusses his Soxperience

Heads22

I feel like it’s all gonna start coming out now.  The stuff between Herm and the strength coach is interesting and, if still happening, confirms suspicions that the training staff is poorly executed and the reason for all these bullshit soft tissue injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

How was our injury record so good under Herm Schneider when it turned out he was awful at his job (according to Peavy)? It had to be either black magic or pure luck. 

It’s the same as 2005.  Pure luck.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Bwahahaha, read this article and then laugh at the posters  that think this team will ever improve anytime soon.

Nothing improves until JR is six feet under.  Period.

Its a miracle this team has won anything at all in the past 20 years...

There isn’t a single thing he said in that article that isn’t incredibly easy to believe. Based on what we have all seen and heard, it all checks out. And we should all be furious this is how they have run things for this long. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nah. He was here much too long for luck. Hes statistically the best trainer ever. The mistake was of course believing someone could come in and replace him.

There's a FanGraphs article from several years ago that is basically sums up the Sox DL-stints under Herm as a statistical anomaly. Like it was absurd.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Why is everyone only sacking up now when the team is historically bad? Why didn’t these guys speak up years ago? Exactly how feared is JR that these guys kept their mouths shut so long?

A) It could be a situation where they're suddenly feeling validated.

B) Before it would have sounded like whining. Now they're contributing to a long-running narrative of "oh, so they've been like this."

C) Someone asked them.

• Like 2

Peavy revealed what Avila told him about his time with the Southsiders:

"Stuff was going so bad with his hamstring rehabilitation that he just stopped going in the training room. He was on the injured list, and he stopped going to the training room, because the treatment was so bad. So he and Allen Thomas came up with a program, and he just went to him, and the weight room, everyday, for three weeks.

"And with that, and rest, a little bit of PT, he was ready to go. So he goes 'I walked in and told Herm that I was good to go, and then I went and told the staff I was good to go. And then I told the front office, so they activated me- that was the Chicago White Sox experience to a T.'

This quote just rips

• Like 1

This was posted a few years ago for what it's worth under what Peavy just said and no I didn't post this:

"No good place to put this so I'll drop it in here. I have very limited 'inside' connections these days. I used to - back when I was in sports broadcasting - but that was 20+ years ago. 

Anyway, last week I spoke to a friend who is in a position to know quite a bit about the inner workings of the Sox. Not just whispers but actually knowledge. He told me, "don't believe anyone that tells you that Herm Schneider is a good trainer." He then went into some detail as to why this isn't true and how the Sox are basically playing checkers while teams like the Astros are playing chess. He meant in terms of conditioning, training, game preparation, etc. The Astros even have customized sleep plans for their players to make sure they are at their peak during games. Meanwhile, the Sox are just now coming out of the dark ages and guys like Schneider are almost untouchable because of their relationship with Reinsdorf

I only bring it up because it underscores one thing that will come as a surprise to no one - Jerry Reinsdorf is fiercely loyal to his employees, sometimes to the detriment of the team. It makes me somewhat nervous that Renteria will get a longer leash than he would get anywhere else. 

I'm okay with him finishing out this season, but I don't think they can afford to keep him next year. I don't think waiting to hire a manager until the Sox are ready to compete ('20?) is a good idea. Ideally, that person is already on board and getting to know the locker room and putting his brand on the team. 

One other thing - he thinks we should be thankful that Chris Getz is running the minor leagues. Apparently, he's more of a new school guy and is trying to modernize the Sox approach in terms of player development, prep, coaching, etc. 

Anyway, thought I'd share. I gave Lip a hard time about the injury thing but he may have been on point."

33 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Keep em comin

Yup

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

There isn’t a single thing he said in that article that isn’t incredibly easy to believe. Based on what we have all seen and heard, it all checks out. And we should all be furious this is how they have run things for this long. 

Yup

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This was posted a few years ago for what it's worth under what Peavy just said and no I didn't post this:

"No good place to put this so I'll drop it in here. I have very limited 'inside' connections these days. I used to - back when I was in sports broadcasting - but that was 20+ years ago. 

Anyway, last week I spoke to a friend who is in a position to know quite a bit about the inner workings of the Sox. Not just whispers but actually knowledge. He told me, "don't believe anyone that tells you that Herm Schneider is a good trainer." He then went into some detail as to why this isn't true and how the Sox are basically playing checkers while teams like the Astros are playing chess. He meant in terms of conditioning, training, game preparation, etc. The Astros even have customized sleep plans for their players to make sure they are at their peak during games. Meanwhile, the Sox are just now coming out of the dark ages and guys like Schneider are almost untouchable because of their relationship with Reinsdorf

I only bring it up because it underscores one thing that will come as a surprise to no one - Jerry Reinsdorf is fiercely loyal to his employees, sometimes to the detriment of the team. It makes me somewhat nervous that Renteria will get a longer leash than he would get anywhere else. 

I'm okay with him finishing out this season, but I don't think they can afford to keep him next year. I don't think waiting to hire a manager until the Sox are ready to compete ('20?) is a good idea. Ideally, that person is already on board and getting to know the locker room and putting his brand on the team. 

One other thing - he thinks we should be thankful that Chris Getz is running the minor leagues. Apparently, he's more of a new school guy and is trying to modernize the Sox approach in terms of player development, prep, coaching, etc. 

Anyway, thought I'd share. I gave Lip a hard time about the injury thing but he may have been on point."

I feel like Chris Getz was lying to you when he told you this.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He’s angry, old, and bitter.  Can’t trust anything Peavy says.  He failed us.

He won two world series immediately after leaving here and talks about he genuinely loved Chicago. He was also an all-star here.

What jet fumes are you smoking today?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He’s angry, old, and bitter.  Can’t trust anything Peavy says.  He failed us.

I spent like three years wanting Jake Peavy to shut up and I am ready to listen to this. Seriously, would never shut up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

He won two world series immediately after leaving here and talks about he genuinely loved Chicago. He was also an all-star here.

What jet fumes are you smoking today?

He is jumping on the band wagon to kick the team when they’re at their lowest.  We need positivity, not negativity.  The Sox are about the break a bad record.  I’m not even clicking on the link.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He is jumping on the band wagon to kick the team when they’re at their lowest.  We need positivity, not negativity.  The Sox are about the break a bad record.  I’m not even clicking on the link.

Naw, burying their heads in the ground fixes nothing. They need these callouts, it’s the only hope for things to change.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Why is everyone only sacking up now when the team is historically bad? Why didn’t these guys speak up years ago? Exactly how feared is JR that these guys kept their mouths shut so long?

Because the Chicago media is subservient dogs and it took this season and a few bitter talkers to get the outside media interested.