Peavy discusses his Soxperience

Heads22

9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He is jumping on the band wagon to kick the team when they’re at their lowest.  We need positivity, not negativity.  The Sox are about the break a bad record.  I’m not even clicking on the link.

No we need the truth to burn the rot out of this diseased s%*#.  No more letting it fester in the dark.  No more pretending everything is fine and it's all the next guys fault.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He is jumping on the band wagon to kick the team when they’re at their lowest.  We need positivity, not negativity.  The Sox are about the break a bad record.  I’m not even clicking on the link.

Ignoring the problems and being stubborn about things is what got them here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

One other thing - he thinks we should be thankful that Chris Getz is running the minor leagues. Apparently, he's more of a new school guy and is trying to modernize the Sox approach in terms of player development, prep, coaching, etc. 

Modernization. Pure panic move.

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't see it changing. Reinsdorf already sent the message they are going to be worse next year.  

You are probably right but given the shitshow the last week nationally and locally and given JR's age anything could happen between now and next season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Peavy's stuff has the ring of truth to it.  It does all come back to Jerry, but don't give the people under him a free pass for not keeping up with the changing nature of their jobs.  

On the CHGO podcast, I remember Herb Lawrence saying that the 2005 World Series was the best and worst thing to happen to the team.

The best, because you obviously want to win. The worst because it proved to Jerry and KW that "their way" could win.

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

keep the s%*# storm media hurricane coming, maybe it'll make a difference out of pure embarrassment and public humiliation 

It seems like the only way at this point. Shame Jerry to change or sell the team. Then the team can truly rebuild the right way. I hate that it had to come to this, we're gonna be in the history books forever. But if it really changes the way this team is run, it's worth it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

On the CHGO podcast, I remember Herb Lawrence saying that the 2005 World Series was the best and worst thing to happen to the team.

The best, because you obviously want to win. The worst because it proved to Jerry and KW that "their way" could win.

The funny thing is that the Sox recently have been awful at playing small ball. It's why we suck so much in extra innings. We can't get people over and get them in. 

• Like 1

So little is really understood about fitness, health and conditioning, that I don't think there's a whole lot to take from this. For years, the Sox were an extreme outlier in staying healthy and in the last few years have reverted to the mean. 

A good example of how little is understood about strength and conditioning is the philosophy of the US and Russian weightlifting programs. The Eastern Bloc programs were all about lots of heavy lifting, heavy reps, no diversity in exercises and little recovery time. The US programs were heavy weights, low reps, tons of diversity and tons of recovery. They were polar opposite programs and had very similar results over time. Neither philosophy was right. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, chw42 said:

How was our injury record so good under Herm Schneider when it turned out he was awful at his job (according to Peavy)? It had to be either black magic or pure luck. 

I don’t know how good it was in reality. I was led to believe it Herm was good because Hawk and Co would always be hyping him up on TV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

And that goes for Roger Bossard as well. No effing idea. The Mozart of Turfbuilder according to Hawk. One thing about the Sox, they can hire the GOAT ancillary staff. Or Hawk is the GOAT suck up. You want to work next to Hawk, because he’ll make you famous 

Bertucci Brothers, yes.

George from Midwest Limos/bright yellow M&M“s jacket guy.

Alex and Ursula Snelius

Nancy Faust

Bob Rosenberg  official scorer

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

The cognitive dissonance that you olds possess is truly insane. It's amazing how it extends to all aspects of your lives. 

• Haha 2

They started 3-22. They have an 0-101 record when trailing after eight innings and haven’t won a game this season when trailing after six. Their .279 on-base percentage and .618 OPS easily are the worst in Major League Baseball.

For starters, this has been a cohesive unit from Day 1 of Spring Training. It hasn’t changed during the litany of down times, and the work ethic hasn’t changed either.

“This is a room full of great, hard-working, determined guys,” catcher Korey Lee said. “Every day you come in here, you see guys working out, you see guys going in the cage, you see guys talking. You see our pitching staff working hard. You see our entire background staff working hard.

“A lot of people see what goes on under the lights, but not a lot see what’s going on here at noon, 1 or 2 o’clock, just hours before the game. Everyone is working. Everyone has a purpose. Everyone has a plan. That’s what is the beauty of this game, is coming in here and working every single day to get better.”

The White Sox have a Major League-worst 35 blown saves, lost 55 games after leading and dropped 22 when leading after the sixth, where they have been outscored 354-197 from that frame to the close.

“Just seeing losses every day, that affects you. If you are playing this game for the right reasons, it’s always going to affect you,” Lee said. “Play the game to win, don’t play to lose, and obviously that’s going to be on our record for years to come. But it’s just about how you react, how you carry yourself, how you go into the offseason, how you come into next season.

“I have no doubt the people in this locker room are going to be affected by it. But I think it’s going to be affecting them in a good way. Give us determination this offseason to do what we need to do and come into spring and obviously figure everything out and do stuff for a reason.”

Scott Merkin mlb.com

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-tie-american-league-record-for-losses-in-a-single-season-with-119

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

They started 3-22. They have an 0-101 record when trailing after eight innings and haven’t won a game this season when trailing after six. Their .279 on-base percentage and .618 OPS easily are the worst in Major League Baseball.

For starters, this has been a cohesive unit from Day 1 of Spring Training. It hasn’t changed during the litany of down times, and the work ethic hasn’t changed either.

“This is a room full of great, hard-working, determined guys,” catcher Korey Lee said. “Every day you come in here, you see guys working out, you see guys going in the cage, you see guys talking. You see our pitching staff working hard. You see our entire background staff working hard.

“A lot of people see what goes on under the lights, but not a lot see what’s going on here at noon, 1 or 2 o’clock, just hours before the game. Everyone is working. Everyone has a purpose. Everyone has a plan. That’s what is the beauty of this game, is coming in here and working every single day to get better.”

The White Sox have a Major League-worst 35 blown saves, lost 55 games after leading and dropped 22 when leading after the sixth, where they have been outscored 354-197 from that frame to the close.

“Just seeing losses every day, that affects you. If you are playing this game for the right reasons, it’s always going to affect you,” Lee said. “Play the game to win, don’t play to lose, and obviously that’s going to be on our record for years to come. But it’s just about how you react, how you carry yourself, how you go into the offseason, how you come into next season.

“I have no doubt the people in this locker room are going to be affected by it. But I think it’s going to be affecting them in a good way. Give us determination this offseason to do what we need to do and come into spring and obviously figure everything out and do stuff for a reason.”

Scott Merkin mlb.com

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/white-sox-tie-american-league-record-for-losses-in-a-single-season-with-119

You can work your tails off until it hurts but there’s a thing called talent and this team might be the least talented in the history of the game, the records of the individual players speak for themselves. I wonder how hard the guy with the most talent works, that’s Robert and he still hasn’t figured out how lay off the low and outside breaking ball, does the guy watch any videos, I will say that Vaughn has done a little better in that regard compared to last year. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You are probably right but given the shitshow the last week nationally and locally and given JR's age anything could happen between now and next season. 

I agree, something is going to happen, JR has been raked over the coals with his old, ancient and cheap way of running the franchise and not just locally, there have been more than few articles nationally. The man is hated and if he has any pride and shame at all why go on, he’s too old for another rebuild, I think he’s selling, I’m sure the tax genius will figure something out.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

13 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Guys, I think @Green Line is screwing with you. And doing a damn fine job of it.

On another note, I think Lee is going to come into next season as the de facto leader of this team.

At least Lee Sheets and Lopez talked to the media.

Didn't like how confident Sheets seemed about being around yet another year.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I agree, something is going to happen, JR has been raked over the coals with his old, ancient and cheap way of running the franchise and not just locally, there have been more than few articles nationally. The man is hated and if he has any pride and shame at all why go on, he’s too old for another rebuild, I think he’s selling, I’m sure the tax genius will figure something out.

One would think something dramatic would happen because I can't see how the FO can run out another 100-loss team next season. But we're talking about Jerry Reinsdorf here. His wife wanted him to sell and he ignored her. He wants that new stadium, and he will continue to work for that even as the team loses big time.