Peavy discusses his Soxperience

Heads22

10 hours ago, Quin said:

A) It could be a situation where they're suddenly feeling validated.

B) Before it would have sounded like whining. Now they're contributing to a long-running narrative of "oh, so they've been like this."

C) Someone asked them.

Definitely C. Especially for Peavy, he clearly wasn’t going to come out and trash the organization unprovoked. Even in this he was still saying how much he liked the people in the organization despite them being bad at their jobs. 

And articles like the Athletic? If you give people a reason to dig they will find stuff. And quite frankly, no one should be quiet about the utter disaster this organization is. JR deserves to be embarrassed. 

49 minutes ago, Highland said:

One would think something dramatic would happen because I can't see how the FO can run out another 100-loss team next season. But we're talking about Jerry Reinsdorf here. His wife wanted him to sell and he ignored her. He wants that new stadium, and he will continue to work for that even as the team loses big time.

The Sox don't have a choice.  They will lose 100 games next year.

All JR needs to do is just hire someone (competent) to take over all daily operations and give the keys to the kingdom to that person.

he or she can then hire a competent FO, overhaul everything, and eventually make JR millions more through smart baseball investments

….so, we have to wait for death, thus making Sox fandom a personal moral quandary in addition to the ultimate misery as a sports fan. 

2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Guys, I think @Green Line is screwing with you. And doing a damn fine job of it.

On another note, I think Lee is going to come into next season as the de facto leader of this team.

With so many posters here playing characters it can sometimes be difficult to differentiate  between an honest opinion and someone who just wants to push buttons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Quin said:

On the CHGO podcast, I remember Herb Lawrence saying that the 2005 World Series was the best and worst thing to happen to the team.

The best, because you obviously want to win. The worst because it proved to Jerry and KW that "their way" could win.

As I've posted here, there and everywhere for years, it reinforced JR's belief that he's smarter than everyone else. I don't think he's as evil as a bunch of you, but he shouldn't be running a MLB team with that attitude and that skill set.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Quin said:

A) It could be a situation where they're suddenly feeling validated.

B) Before it would have sounded like whining. Now they're contributing to a long-running narrative of "oh, so they've been like this."

C) Someone asked them.

C is the answer. No reason for ballplayers to cite the weaknesses of a franchise unless they are asked.

39 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

As I've posted here, there and everywhere for years, it reinforced JR's belief that he's smarter than everyone else. I don't think he's as evil as a bunch of you, but he shouldn't be running a MLB team with that attitude and that skill set.

I honestly don't think JR is a bad human, especially compared to other professional sports team owners.

He is just an absolutely horrendous fucking owner.

48 minutes ago, Quin said:

I honestly don't think JR is a bad human, especially compared to other professional sports team owners.

He is just an absolutely horrendous fucking owner.

There’s this weird combination of treating his inner circle well and treating everyone else like peons in him that makes me extra ill about him. He could treat his staff better, he could show his customers more respect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

There’s this weird combination of treating his inner circle well and treating everyone else like peons in him that makes me extra ill about him. He could treat his staff better, he could show his customers more respect.

Named the Berto Center in Deerfield after his assistant.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

For example, treated Benetti more like he would a typical White Sox fan, rather than privileged "insiders" like KW, Hahn and Boyer.

Basically, Jason was too "blue collar" in his behavior and not a true BLUE blood.  An other, to him personally.  Despite the fact he grew up a dyed in the wool White Sox lifer.

His effort at putting him in his place or not letting Benetti get too big for his britches backfired spectacularly.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

For example, treated Benetti more like he would a typical White Sox fan, rather than privileged "insiders" like KW, Hahn and Boyer.

Basically, Jason was too "blue collar" in his behavior and not a true BLUE blood.  An other, to him personally.  Despite the fact he grew up a dyed in the wool White Sox lifer.

His effort at putting him in his place or not letting Benetti get too big for his britches backfired spectacularly.

Jason thought his s%*# didn't stink just like the rest of those ego maniacs.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jason thought his s%*# didn't stink just like the rest of those ego maniacs.

But he's actually really good at college football with Brock Heard and college basketball as well (solid).

Schiffren isn't even good at one thing... besides manufacturing false enthusiasm/shilling for the worst product in the history of the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But he's actually really good at college football with Brock Heard and college basketball as well (solid).

Schiffren isn't even good at one thing... besides manufacturing false enthusiasm/shilling for the worst product in the history of the game.

Who cares? My beef with Jason is he cried that this was his dream job but needed them to make concessions for him to stay. Which is fine if he says this is his career and he needs to treat it as such, but instead he acted like the Sox took his dream job away lol.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who cares? My beef with Jason is he cried that this was his dream job but needed them to make concessions for him to stay. Which is fine if he says this is his career and he needs to treat it as such, but instead he acted like the Sox took his dream job away lol.

Hasn't Stone missed or deliberately skipped (road trips) more games than Benetti in Detroit this year?

It's gotta be some type of karmic justice that he gets the Sox at home the last three games at home as they possibly clinch a playoff spot...just ike Tatis getting key hits these last two games as well.

Someone "upstairs" has a sense of humor at least.

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Hasn't Stone missed or deliberately skipped (road trips) more games than Benetti in Detroit this year?

It's gotta be some type of karmic justice that he gets the Sox at home the last three games at home as they possibly clinch a playoff spot...just ike Tatis getting key hits these last two games as well.

Someone "upstairs" has a sense of humor at least.

Stone has it in his contract that he can miss two weeks during the season if I remember right and he can pick and choose the games he wants to miss.

17 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Schriffen had time off at least 3 times. 2 for Ultimate Fighting, and one for Summer League basketball. At least Jason is doing big time stuff, and is quite good away from Steve.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2024 at 5:05 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Herms documented success was on the pitching side and i don't doubt that tubby sob didn't give a s%*# about the position player side. Still, anyone arguing his success with pitchers is just delusional... probably all the modern guys who love injuries and innings limits. 

Has there been a comparative trainer study?