Peavy discusses his Soxperience

Heads22

9 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He is jumping on the band wagon to kick the team when they’re at their lowest.  We need positivity, not negativity.  The Sox are about the break a bad record.  I’m not even clicking on the link.

No we need the truth to burn the rot out of this diseased s%*#.  No more letting it fester in the dark.  No more pretending everything is fine and it's all the next guys fault.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He is jumping on the band wagon to kick the team when they’re at their lowest.  We need positivity, not negativity.  The Sox are about the break a bad record.  I’m not even clicking on the link.

Ignoring the problems and being stubborn about things is what got them here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

One other thing - he thinks we should be thankful that Chris Getz is running the minor leagues. Apparently, he's more of a new school guy and is trying to modernize the Sox approach in terms of player development, prep, coaching, etc. 

Modernization. Pure panic move.

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't see it changing. Reinsdorf already sent the message they are going to be worse next year.  

You are probably right but given the shitshow the last week nationally and locally and given JR's age anything could happen between now and next season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Peavy's stuff has the ring of truth to it.  It does all come back to Jerry, but don't give the people under him a free pass for not keeping up with the changing nature of their jobs.  

On the CHGO podcast, I remember Herb Lawrence saying that the 2005 World Series was the best and worst thing to happen to the team.

The best, because you obviously want to win. The worst because it proved to Jerry and KW that "their way" could win.

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

keep the s%*# storm media hurricane coming, maybe it'll make a difference out of pure embarrassment and public humiliation 

It seems like the only way at this point. Shame Jerry to change or sell the team. Then the team can truly rebuild the right way. I hate that it had to come to this, we're gonna be in the history books forever. But if it really changes the way this team is run, it's worth it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quin said:

On the CHGO podcast, I remember Herb Lawrence saying that the 2005 World Series was the best and worst thing to happen to the team.

The best, because you obviously want to win. The worst because it proved to Jerry and KW that "their way" could win.

The funny thing is that the Sox recently have been awful at playing small ball. It's why we suck so much in extra innings. We can't get people over and get them in.