New White Sox social media manager or strategy?

Balta1701

Benjamin Grimm wrote: The White Sox have now lost 21 consecutive games.

This ties the season-opening streak that the Orioles suffered through in 1988.

In modern (since 1900) history, only one team has had a longer losing streak; the 1961 Phillies lost 23 in a row.

Those '88 O's, who were already on their second manager before the streak was even half over, ended the streak with a 9-0 win against ... the White Sox.
They then dropped to next two games in that series.
From 0-21 they went on to go 54 - 86 (.388) to finish at 54 - 107 (.335)

https://phpbb3.ultimatemets.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33629

Mets' fan board following Sox as they close in on 1962 Mets

Edited by caulfield12

Greg Prince, who pens the popular blog “Faith and Fear in Flushing” and has written four books about the Mets, ultimately agrees with the majority.

“I’ve been charmed by all that went into creating 40-120 my entire rooting life,” Prince wrote in an email. “The legend of the 1962 club will endure no matter who holds the record. All that being said, hell yes, let somebody else lose more than my team. Plus, you know, history. Somebody setting a mark like this while we’re here to witness it is worth a dozen Danny Jansens facing off against another dozen Danny Jansens.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5729682/2024/08/30/mets-white-sox-mlb-most-losses/

9 living members still from that 1962 Mets' team...just thought it was ironic we hired someone to run intl scouting from the Mets who JR would undoubtedly rather associate with the 2024 Mets

The nine living 1962 Mets are Jay Hook, Craig Anderson, Felix Mantilla, Cliff Cook, Galen Cisco, Rick Herrscher, Jim Marshall, John DeMerit, and Ed Kranepool.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:
Benjamin Grimm wrote: The White Sox have now lost 21 consecutive games.

This ties the season-opening streak that the Orioles suffered through in 1988.

In modern (since 1900) history, only one team has had a longer losing streak; the 1961 Phillies lost 23 in a row.

Those '88 O's, who were already on their second manager before the streak was even half over, ended the streak with a 9-0 win against ... the White Sox.
They then dropped to next two games in that series.
From 0-21 they went on to go 54 - 86 (.388) to finish at 54 - 107 (.335)

https://phpbb3.ultimatemets.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33629

Mets' fan board following Sox as they close in on 1962 Mets

The Mets are the reverse 72 miami dolphins ready to pop that champagne and relieve themselves of this shame 😂 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I do.  And that’s unprofessional and right now that is the only look this organization is putting out 

Unprofessional? It's baseball. It's not serious. They're making light of a shitty situation. I'm sure it made the 28 people who actually read Sox Twitter laugh. 

• Like 3

Yeah I’ll take an attempt at humor (could have been much better) over keeping the status quo as if something insanely bad isn’t happening 

Also nothing worse than seeing the few good moments of the season posted to social media. Really not necessary to post about an Andrew Benintendi HR while the team is in the midst of a 2-17 streak. Read the room

18 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Unprofessional? It's baseball. It's not serious. They're making light of a shitty situation. I'm sure it made the 28 people who actually read Sox Twitter laugh. 

The funny thing is the views on the tweets are off the charts since the switch was made. Whoever the new person posting is should get a raise. 

Sep 7: 30k

Sep 8: 50k

Sep 9: 28k

Sep 10: 100k

Sep 11: 39k

Sep 13: 50k

Sep 14: 60k

Sep 15: 110k

Sep 16: 133k

Sep 17: 159k (employee/post style switch made here)

Sep 18: 8.1 Million

Sep 20: 4.7 Million

Sep 21: 6.4 Million

Jerry & Co. getting a lot more Elon Bucks now.

• Like 4