New White Sox social media manager or strategy?

Balta1701

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Ok Boomer.  Surprised you know what Tweeter is.  You should download TikTok.  It’ll blow your mind.  Probably not available on your Nokia flip phone but have your grandkids show you.

Great non-response.  I'm right.  And I'm in my 30s.

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Know a buddy that interviewed for their social media manager position a few years ago.  He said salary range was $28k-$32k and many of the employees in the department were in fact interns. Glassdoor says current league average is $60k.

Then you have to consider the cost of living in Chicago, it should be a $60-75,000 position but they're relying on twenty-somethings to have their parents subsidize salaries and all those kids to remain living at home indefinitely in order to save money.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Green Line said:

You don't think this is unprofessional?

The job of the White Sox social media shouldn't be to make the team an even bigger joke than they already are.  They should post the score or shut up.

The Sox were already the biggest joke of the season and they are now the biggest joke in MLB history.  Between the Athletic article and setting the futility record, there is no hiding it.  At least someone appears to be good at their job within the White Sox organization.  The marketing team is getting hits.  🤣

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Green Line said:

this is a website for Sox fans, not bored trolls

Ironically, with the state of the team, the correct troll profile is anyone even slightly positive about anything with this organization. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's getting to the end of the season. The person wants a long break and trying to get fired to collect unemployment. Instead becomes a minor celebrity and now has to work harder. It's practically a Seinfeld episode. 

• Haha 4

The comments to the new social media posts, on x, have been almost universally positive.

The social media users have reacted positively to the social media posts, even while acknowledging the fact that the team is historically awful.

How is that a bad thing?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

The comments to the new social media posts, on x, have been almost universally positive.

The social media users have reacted positively to the social media posts, even while acknowledging the fact that the team is historically awful.

How is that a bad thing?

It crosses a green line.

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

We do.  We are all laughing about the historic record these losers are about to set.

A sense of humor is not laughing at other people's misery or wishing more misery on them because you feel they hurt you. It's actually spite or maliciousness. Just thought I'd clarify that for you. The emotion is closer to serial killer than comedian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A sense of humor is not laughing at other people's misery or wishing more misery on them because you feel they hurt you. It's actually spite or maliciousness. Just thought I'd clarify that for you. The emotion is closer to serial killer than comedian.

What is it if you feel a very rich person feels spite or contempt for you and you watch things implode around him? Schadenfreude?

• Love 1

I'm surprised at the number of "old man yelling at cloud" responses to this.  Why not poke fun at this terrible season?  I find it pretty funny.  It will be interesting to see what the post when (if) the Sox win a game.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1