New White Sox social media manager or strategy?

Balta1701

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A sense of humor is not laughing at other people's misery or wishing more misery on them because you feel they hurt you. It's actually spite or maliciousness. Just thought I'd clarify that for you. The emotion is closer to serial killer than comedian.

This is actually the most bat s%*# crazy sentence ever written on this board.

Like, you shouldn't be a sports fan if you're thinking this way, because you're wishing for other teams to fail so yours can succeed.

• Fire 3

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

This is actually the most bat s%*# crazy sentence ever written on this board.

Like, you shouldn't be a sports fan if you're thinking this way, because you're wishing for other teams to fail so yours can succeed.

It did go too far, but I like the sentiment.

29 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Can we get a WTF reaction? Or is that basically the TLR one?

20 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

This forum absolutely needs a WTF reaction. Someone please make it happen. 

Milkman is correct. It's the true function of TLR.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, JoeC said:

This season, we are all the TLR emoji.

Naw, if I tried to drive home drunk, and told the cop who caught me that I was super important and should be let off, the cop would laugh at me and hopefully arrest me. I would then have fewer sycophants writing articles about how DUI is a crime for little people. 

• TLR 1

47 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Naw, if I tried to drive home drunk, and told the cop who caught me that I was super important and should be let off, the cop would laugh at me and hopefully arrest me. I would then have fewer sycophants writing articles about how DUI is a crime for little people. 

This encapsulates the WTF emotion pretty succinctly to me. 

52 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I said we're the TLR Emoji.

Not TLR. The Emoji unfortunately has to be accountable for its own actions, at least more so than the actual person.

Paul Sullivan got this comment from the Sox on the 'unusual' social media posts:

“As we planned for this unfortunate milestone, we were looking to come up with creative ways to acknowledge the reality of the situation, engage with our fans and with a wink, maybe disarm the negativity just a little bit."

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Paul Sullivan got this comment from the Sox on the 'unusual' social media posts:

“As we planned for this unfortunate milestone, we were looking to come up with creative ways to acknowledge the reality of the situation, engage with our fans and with a wink, maybe disarm the negativity just a little bit."

They succeeded. 

Whoa whoa whoa they PLANNED something and it worked? /Faints

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They succeeded. 

Whoa whoa whoa they PLANNED something and it worked? /Faints

The hilarious part is that this absolutely is a strategy cooked up by some 27 year old kid making $40k per year.  It’s legit the most redeeming quality of the franchise this season.   Brooks will take credit but we all know he was fuming until the millennial employee showed him the before/after in engagement stats and explained how social media actually works.  

Guarantee this 20 something kid had to put together a slide deck to explain to mid management and executives what things like “ratio’d” means.  Hell they might have had to explain the difference between Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.  No chance anyone knew what TikTok was or that they even had one.

Edited by Rusty

46 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Like Chris Getz said, you just have to embrace it. Embrace being the worst of all time.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rusty said:

The hilarious part is that this absolutely is a strategy cooked up by some 27 year old kid making $40k per year.  It’s legit the most redeeming quality of the franchise this season.   Brooks will take credit but we all know he was fuming until the millennial employee showed him the before/after in engagement stats and explained how social media actually works.  

Guarantee this 20 something kid had to put together a slide deck to explain to mid management and executives what things like “ratio’d” means.  Hell they might have had to explain the difference between Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.  No chance anyone knew what TikTok was or that they even had one.

I'm kind of surprised that folks over thirty like it. 

And Twitter doesn't exist anymore. 

3 hours ago, Rusty said:

It’s still Twitter.  “X” is one of the worst re-brands of all time.  

Agreed but be careful, you're starting to sound like a boomer. "It was Twitter back in '06 when I first started tweeting and dang gummit, it will stay Twitter. Now get off my lawn" 😀

50 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Agreed but be careful, you're starting to sound like a boomer. "It was Twitter back in '06 when I first started tweeting and dang gummit, it will stay Twitter. Now get off my lawn" 😀

I’d agree…if he named it almost anything other than X.  It’s just such a horrible branding decision.