Quero debut this week?

flavum

Why would you want to tarnish his name by forever affixing it to the 2024 Sox team?

Wasn't he experiencing back problems weeks ago?

Of it's only to sit on the bench and observe and be inspired to fight for the starting role in 2025...but they would still be short circuiting his development by a half season in the minors.

• Like 4

I’m thinking he won’t actually be added to the active roster. He’ll just be around for the “big league experience”, which is a funny thing to say at this point. Kind of pointless to have him play 4 games at most. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They get a draft pick if a player accrues a year of service time and wins rookie of the year.  They should definitely try with Quero.

Except he's never going to be the type of hitter that puts up massive offensive numbers that generate headlines.

Much more likely expectations should be lined up with Omar Narvaez...but better defensively at an earlier age.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rusty said:

He’ll absolutely break camp with the team.  It will be him and Lee as the two catchers. 

This is Chris Getz. I will be surprised if they don’t bring in a veteran catcher who plays the game the right way.

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Except he's never going to be the type of hitter that puts up massive offensive numbers that generate headlines.

Much more likely expectations should be lined up with Omar Narvaez...but better defensively at an earlier age.

His bat is good enough to get him DH reps on Lee's catching days. He has plus power for a catcher and a plus, plus k:BB ratio.

14 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don't see the issue. If healthy, he's as ready as he's going to get. Getting a to travel with the big league club is an experience few players will ever get, even if it's on the worst team in history.

Traveling with THIS big league club on the other hand…

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Traveling with THIS big league club on the other hand…

It doesn't seem like a toxic team or anything. They're just very under talented. That's why I don't really get the vitriol. The team seems like it's full of good guys that aren't very good at baseball. It's not the type of team that we should keep kids away from because the players are toxic. They're more like a team full of Crash David's than Nick Swisher's.

Edited by TaylorStSox

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

It doesn't seem like a toxic team or anything. They're just very under talented. That's why I don't really get the vitriol. The team seems like it's full of good guys that aren't very good at baseball. It's not the type of team that we should keep kids away from.

It was more of a dig at the literal travel (recent stories of the plane). It’s not that deep.

But also, disagree. I’m sure it’s toxic to some extent.

Edit: I guess last part added isn’t necessary.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It was more of a dig at the literal travel (recent stories of the plane). It’s not that deep.

But also, disagree. I’m sure it’s toxic to some extent. But hey, if you want to ball fondle this organization go for it.

This organization is impossible to "ball fondle." Hold on, why is "ball fondling" bad? 

3 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This organization is impossible to "ball fondle." Hold on, why is "ball fondling" bad? 

It’s not, but this org doesn’t deserve said “ball fondling.”

Anyway, I edited the post before you responded and moving on.

Edited by Bob Sacamano