Quero debut this week?

flavum

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

With Clevinger and soon Moncada out...there's not really much besides Benintendi's seemingly indifference and contract.  But he has been their best hitter the last six weeks.

Vargas and Robert I guess.

Everyone pretty much tired of Sheets and Vaughn.

It’s actually unbelievable how good Benintendi has been. No team should really want him though. Unless it’s a straight garbage salary 1 for 1 deal or with Crochet.

10 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

It seems like Vaughn and Benintendi have had really good second halves, but were just so bad that who cares.

It’s amazing how Benintendi still only has a .676 OPS with how good he has been in the second half.  Just goes to show how putrid his first half was.  It’s too bad cuz I doubt anyone expected him to ever finish with 20+ homers in a season in a Sox uniform.  It would be nice if the Sox could unload him on some team even if they have to eat money, without including him in a Crochet deal.

Meanwhile, Vaughn is going to finish with numbers that are eerily similar to his norms.  Vaughn is who he is.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

13 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s amazing how Benintendi still only has a .676 OPS with how good he has been in the second half.  Just goes to show how putrid his first half was.  It’s too bad cuz I doubt anyone expected him to ever finish with 20+ homers in a season in a Sox uniform.  It would be nice if the Sox could unload him on some team even if they have to eat money, without including him in a Crochet deal.

Meanwhile, Vaughn is going to finish with numbers that are eerily similar to his norms.  Vaughn is who he is.

Vaughn also started off putrid. He's probably a 1 WAR player when all is said and done. 

I'm just not as mad you guys. Every single bad thing that could have happened to this franchise actually happened. It's extraordinary. As trash as this organization is, it's crazy that Cease and Lopez were the only parts that actually worked out.

Gio, Robert, Moncada, Eloy, Kopech and several other all turned into trash.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Vaughn also started off putrid. He's probably a 1 WAR player when all is said and done. 

I'm just not as mad you guys. Every single bad thing that could have happened to this franchise actually happened. It's extraordinary. As trash as this organization is, it's crazy that Cease and Lopez were the only parts that actually worked out.

Gio, Robert, Moncada, Eloy, Kopech and several other all turned into trash.

Don’t pretend this is by chance. This is the result of the bad coaching and bad training techniques when applied to the modern game.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

The jury is still out on Kopech and Robert with other organizations.  They're still in the prime of their careers age-wise.

Giolito wasn't a failure...he just broke down and still has a shot to return.  He was already a mess mechanically when they first acquired him before recording two close to dominant seasons.

Rodon has righted the ship in NY....although has to be considered a slight disappointment.

Burger is nearing a 30 homer season.

Anderson Moncada Eloy Madrigal Vaughn have to be considered the biggest mysteries when all is said and done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The jury is still out on Kopech and Robert with other organizations.  They're still in the prime of their careers age-wise.

Giolito wasn't a failure...he just broke down and still has a shot to return.  He was already a mess mechanically when they first acquired him before recording two close to dominant seasons.

Rodon has righted the ship in NY....although has to be considered a slight disappointment.

Burger is nearing a 30 homer season.

Anderson Moncada Eloy Madrigal Vaughn have to be considered the biggest mysteries when all is said and done.

Kopech is already turning back into the real Kopech in LA. Burger is, at the very best, a .750 ops DH. They're both pretty much trash.

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Kopech is already turning back into the real Kopech in LA. Burger is, at the very best, a .750 ops DH. They're both pretty much trash.

How we can consider someone with those numbers as trash is hilarious. The guy would be, by far, the best offensive player on this team.

I can accept average as a description, but not trash.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

It doesn't seem like a toxic team or anything. They're just very under talented. That's why I don't really get the vitriol. The team seems like it's full of good guys that aren't very good at baseball. It's not the type of team that we should keep kids away from because the players are toxic. They're more like a team full of Crash David's than Nick Swisher's.

This is a heck of a characterization for a franchise that has been trashed by fans, players, management, and national media alike for being the worst run organization in baseball complete with factional battles allowed to simmer for years, not offering anywhere near enough support to  its employees, as well as a complete refusal to advance into the 21st century technologically. It's an organization that has been recently sued for discrimination as well.

If that isn't toxic, I don't understand the way you are using the word.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

How we can consider someone with those numbers as trash is hilarious. The guy would be, by far, the best offensive player on this team.

Especially when offense league-wide always seems to be declining.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is a heck of a characterization for a franchise that has been trashed by fans, players, management, and national media alike for being the worst run organization in baseball complete with factional battles allowed to simmer for years, not offering anywhere near enough support to  its employees, as well as a complete refusal to advance into the 21st century technologically. It's an organization that has been recently sued for discrimination as well.

If that isn't toxic, I don't understand the way you are using the word.

I think he's referring to locker room toxicity, or its lack.

Edited by oldsox

17 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

It seems like Vaughn and Benintendi have had really good second halves, but were just so bad that who cares.

We do. That means we will see them again and again Leury Garcia style.  Even worse is Getz trying to make 7 team trade that will get rid of one of them to the point we will miss their below average performance.

5 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I prefer that kind of "average".  He hits homeruns.  Fans like that stuff.