9/24 Sox vs. Halos 6:40PM - A chance to witness history

18 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Ceylon Apple Maker for me.

My better half and I peeled and cored a half bushel of Jonagold and a half bushel of Golden Delicious apples de udder day, ran 'em through the juicer and wound up with three gallons of cider with lots of delicious pulp.

So you take and pour some Maker's Mark in a mason jar, pour in some pulpy cider and top it off with some ceylon cinnamon.

Serve with a chopstick to keep it stirred up for every sip cuz the pulp settles and the cinnamon don't mix in very well but it tastes fantastic.

Ceylon Apple Maker

I love the fall.

One of my college buddies use to make something similar. Stuff is dangerous! in a good way. Lol

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m excited for it.  It’s the record that Jerry will always be remembered for.

Because of what's happened to the franchise, might as well keep losing the rest of this week. Keep the losses coming.

20 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Good question. They seem to have lessen the standards of players getting in.

I'm not really that much impressed with pitchers in the glass arm era.

He hardly had any run support after the all star break.  He could have won 200 by now.

You won't be seeing many if any players get in the Hall during the era of analytics. Ohtani of course. Voters won't reward starters for their 5 inning magic. Relievers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Hitters won't have the batting average. Maybe a couple sluggers besides Ohtani if they can lift and pull 700 or more bombs.

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You won't be seeing many if any players get in the Hall during the era of analytics. Ohtani of course. Voters won't reward starters for their 5 inning magic. Relievers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Hitters won't have the batting average. Maybe a couple sluggers besides Ohtani if they can lift and pull 700 or more bombs.

It depends what the younger generation of voters do ten years from now.  They might even let the roiders in.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The video is to die for.

Cannon was going to catch it, and you could hear someone call him off, and then plop.

That's a triple or inside the park if it were PCA.

This is also the result of piecing together a team where players have rarely played together. It's also dangerous.

11 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The Angels aren’t as bad as the Sox but that organization is in as hopeless of a position. That major league roster is hideous with multiple guys who aren’t replacement level playing and their farm system is a disaster. 

Which meant they couldn't do anything at last year's trade deadline.

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Which meant they couldn't do anything at last year's trade deadline.

They shouldn’t have made the moves they did last year.  That team wasn’t doing anything even with big deadline acquisitions.  You had Ohtani and a bunch of scrubs.