9/24 Sox vs. Halos 6:40PM - A chance to witness history

DoUEvenShift

55 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I was there “trolling”. The crowd was overwhelmingly cheering for a loss, but then weirdly cheering when they came back, too.

The “sell the team” chants were loud.

At the end of the day, no matter what the Tories here say, people here love the Sox. They'll enjoy a win at the park because they like going to games and rooting for players that we've grown attached to over the years.

We just want Jerry to own an infamous record, especially because he'll always be cited as the reason.

The 1899 Spiders were basically made a AAA team. The 1962 Mets were an expansion.

The Sox? It's all Jerry and his cronies.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Green Line said:

I said fans, not trolls.

The fans want to see chance. Nothing wrong with that

We want current ownership to have this crown of failure. He’s spit in our faces for so long. One can argue JR is trolling us.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

And it’s hard to describe how bad the Angels are. The Sox may be historically bad, but Anaheim has no future at all either. Complete garbage.

Yep. A couple good players in Neto and Ward.  O’Hoppe is fine at catcher.  The rest of that lineup is really and their pitching staff is just terrible after trading a couple good bullpen arms they had.  And they are starting a career minor leaguer with zero talent at 2b to end this season for some reason lol.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

And it’s hard to describe how bad the Angels are. The Sox may be historically bad, but Anaheim has no future at all either. Complete garbage.

They are normal bad.  They get to hide in obscurity because the White Sox make anything look good.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

They are normal bad.  They get to hide in obscurity because the White Sox make anything look good.

Sort of, but not really. From watching these teams, the Angels seem like the worst team in baseball minus the Sox. I know the Marlins and Rockies have worse records, but the Angels look like absolute horse s%*# to me.

Edited by Milkman delivers

2 hours ago, Quin said:

At the end of the day, no matter what the Tories here say, people here love the Sox. They'll enjoy a win at the park because they like going to games and rooting for players that we've grown attached to over the years.

We just want Jerry to own an infamous record, especially because he'll always be cited as the reason.

The 1899 Spiders were basically made a AAA team. The 1962 Mets were an expansion.

Not gonna happen in the Getz era,  

I'm find myself rooting for players no longer on the Sox.

They will have another chance at this record next year.

This fanbase is exhausted.  Even mediocre is not gonna work.

Who will be next season's standout for the #MakeBirminghamBetter pool.

Then those trades will be traded and the result is nothing or worse.  See Vargas

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Not gonna happen in the Getz era,  

I'm find myself rooting for players no longer on the Sox.

They will have another chance at this record next year.

This fanbase is exhausted.  Even mediocre is not gonna work.

Who will be next season's standout for the #MakeBirminghamBetter pool.

Then those trades will be traded and the result is nothing or worse.  See Vargas

I find myself attached to pre-Getz as GM minor leaguers / guys like Robert and Crochet. Yeah, Robert has stunk this year, but whatever, I'm still attached to the guy.

Guys that have been around for years — even Vaughn, Sosa and Sheets — it makes me happy when they're successful.

I could care less about Fletcher, DeLoach, Berroa, Vargas, Amaya, Zavala, etc.

To me, they represent nothing but Getz's hubris. Which probably isn't fair to them, but they're what Getz has tried to sell Sox fans as his justification for being a GM.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

The Spiders had all their good players transfer to another team because their owner owned both, including Cy Young,  and they played liked 75% road games. 

I want this record for Jerry. He's earned it. He ignored all the warning signs.

• Like 2