Levine: Possible frontrunner for manager - LAD 1B Coach Clayton McCullough

Heads22

https://www.audacy.com/670thescore/sports/chicago-white-sox/white-sox-managerial-search-is-ramping-up

One of the names that has emerged as a leading candidate for the White Sox’s managerial opening is Dodgers first-base coach Clayton McCullough, sources told 670 The Score. McCullough, 44, is former minor league catcher who was a manager in the Blue Jays’ minor league system from 2006 to 2014. He has been with the Dodgers since 2015, initially as a minor league coordinator.

“I was told not to get my hopes up for the job,” an American League coach said about the White Sox’s opening. “They love McCullough and think with his background and pedigree, he is the perfect manager to help develop and grow with the young group they are building there.”

Sizemore is the perfect man for the job. He’s already been here all year so we won’t waste a year with a new guy learning everyone. He’s cheap. He can keep the seat warm while this team is terrible then get Renteria’d when they are good again. 

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

Sizemore is the perfect man for the job. He’s already been here all year so we won’t waste a year with a new guy learning everyone. He’s cheap. He can keep the seat warm while this team is terrible then get Renteria’d when they are good again. 

Sizemore could have a 5+ year tenure as the Sox manager by the time that happens.

• Thanks 1

I wonder who the AL  coach is who was told not to get his hopes up.  
Re the Sizemore thing  I suspect that it’s just being respectful for a person who took on a tough assignment. I like the guy. I hope he stays in the organization. 
Getz  effed up a couple of trades really badly.  One solution for that may be to trade only with second and third tier general managers.

but it does seem like he’s trying to get some good people into the organization. 

Edited by GreenSox

Son of an MLB Scout with 36 years' experience ✔️

Former catcher ✔️

Former minor league manager with 8 years of experience ✔️

Heavy background in Player Development ✔️

Zero Kansas City Royal experience - - - - NEXT candidate please

• Haha 7
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, T R U said:

So it will be a long term position for Grady.

8 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Getz  effed up a couple of trades really badly.  One solution for that may be to trade only with second and third tier general managers.

“What do you bring to the table Chris?”

”Well, we won’t waste a year learning the organization and Louis Roberts might remember my name.  Also I can only trade with second and third tier GMs.”

”Hired!!”

9 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I lol'd at "That could change the dynamic for Schumaker, as most believe he’s likely to take a more secure position over the White Sox job, if he was to be offered a contract." (emphasis added)

The pope has a less job security than a Jerry Reinsdorf hire.

Except for GM's...for the most part.

55 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I lol'd at "That could change the dynamic for Schumaker, as most believe he’s likely to take a more secure position over the White Sox job, if he was to be offered a contract." (emphasis added)

The pope has a less job security than a Jerry Reinsdorf hire.

The Sox didn't fire their manager in a 21 game losing streak.  I don't think "secure" is the word he is looking for. 

Bringing in someone from a winning organization is not something this franchise has done in quite some time.  With that said, it seems like Grady Sizemore is someone very well respected in the clubhouse.  Although Sizemore hasn't really "earned" a position, it seems like he would be a person valuable in keeping around on the bench in any capacity.

After all the hit pieces recently, cleaning up the clubhouse and their image around baseball has to be priority number 1 this offseason.