Buster Olney and Jesse Rogers’s turn ripping the Sox

Balta1701

9 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Advocating for the right for the LGBTQ community shouldn't be a political issue. It's just about not being a total fucking asshole. I suspect it had something to do with it though. 

But it is an extremely political issue whether you think it should be or not...

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep I once heard that it’s safe to assume the majority of white baseball and football players are conservatives 

Having worked for a black NFL receiver, it’s still all about tax policy, sheltering wealth and the Prosperity Gospels.  Then again he was a born again Evangelical Christian to boot.

That same player ended up in Miami Federal prison for real estate fraud related to the 2007-2008 boondoggle.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Some interesting comments and I have nothing really to add except I’m going to mention 3 names that IMHO contributed to a toxic clubhouse starting back in 2021, Tony LaRussa, Yoan Moncada and Tim Anderson.  That’s all I have.

There's no evidence that either Anderson or Moncada were assholes. You just don't like them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I'd guess that most/many baseball players are conservative bro-dudes. When a guy like Giolito is smart, well-rounded and curious, it's news. Too many Aubry Huffs and Trevor Bauers bouncing around. 

Of all pro athletes, baseball players tend to be the least educated as they're routinely drafted directly from high school. Lack of education correlates directly with conservativism, so it makes sense that baseball players would tend to lean conservative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I don't know. I was trolled by admins for a while for stating these very facts. Maybe look in your admin handbook and tell me why it's wrong to say that the 3 top offensive players being injured in the first 2 weeks might make a team worse. 

Robert absolutely blows right now and has been terrible for a long stretch.  Eloy sucked when he was healthy and just got optioned to the minors by the Orioles.  Moncada may have at least been mediocre to average (.730 to .750 OPS), but he is always injured and can never be counted on, much like Eloy and even Robert to a lesser extent.  But even had these three guys all stayed healthy, it’s starting to look like your theory that they would have improved the White Sox record much isn’t really a slam dunk.  Our “3 top offensive players” look like absolute busts right now.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Of all pro athletes, baseball players tend to be the least educated as they're routinely drafted directly from high school. Lack of education correlates directly with conservativism, so it makes sense that baseball players would tend to lean conservative.

Yes and no.

Conservatism since 2015/6….when Trump’s populism swept white high school educated males and significant numbers of labor unions.

Conservatism growing up was associated with Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, Greenspan, Milton Friedman, Barry Goldwater, Thomas Sowell, Supply side, the Bushes, Reagan, Powell, George Will, Jack Kemp, Paul Ryan from Wisconsin, certainly lots more intellectualism than the Dems who historically ruled the unions with a relatively lower education level/base.

(Tim Walz represents the opposite of that Clinton/Obama tie to Wall Street, investment banks and Silicon Valley…fwiw.  Whether the middle 30-40% of voters will buy it, more women and Hispanics voting for Trump, Dems peeling off any additional white male swing or “dislike both” voters…will decide the election.)

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

Jesse Rogers?!? , really ?. To me he was and always will be a clown act working with Mike North. Dustin Roades is the current clown act, never to be taken seriously.

He’s definitely a clown act, but what does Goldust have to do with this?

goldust-cropped.jpg

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Robert absolutely blows right now and has been terrible for a long stretch.  Eloy sucked when he was healthy and just got optioned to the minors by the Orioles.  Moncada may have at least been mediocre to average (.730 to .750 OPS), but he is always injured and can never be counted on, much like Eloy and even Robert to a lesser extent.  But even had these three guys all stayed healthy, it’s starting to look like your theory that they would have improved the White Sox record much isn’t really a slam dunk.  Our “3 top offensive players” look like absolute busts right now.

Mediocre to average 730-750 ops numbers would be the equivalent of the Sox star of stars next year

14 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Jesse Rogers?!? , really ?. To me he was and always will be a clown act working with Mike North. Dustin Roades is the current clown act, never to be taken seriously.

He's not the most important article author...it's the other one.  Probably just included due to proximity to the crime in Chicago...Phil Rogers has long flown the coop.

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Which part am I supposed to argue with? Robert and Moncada weren't actually hurt? The White Sox did not actually go 1-8 with a -30 run differential?

Or that these guys have been hurt literally every single season so acting like this was a surprise is intellectually dishonest.

7 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Not true.  Historically, it's been hockey players who were least educated.

7 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

There's no evidence that either Anderson or Moncada were assholes. You just don't like them. 

I'll go with Mighty Mite on this one.  Especially Anderson.  And LaRussa.

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

Hey Lip, another person who agrees with greg on rebuilding/reloading/tanking. BAD FOR BASEBALL he said! I am not as dumb as I am said to be.

Congrats on finding one person to agree with you.

Rebuilding/reloading is part of baseball. I'm not sure there is a single MLB franchise that hasn't gone through it at least once. Honestly, what is the other option for the team right now? They have no choice but to rebuild everything from the ground up because there is nothing left. 

Tanking is something different and not even what they were trying to do. Even teams that try to lose on purpose aren't this bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

Congrats on finding one person to agree with you.

Rebuilding/reloading is part of baseball. I'm not sure there is a single MLB franchise that hasn't gone through it at least once. Honestly, what is the other option for the team right now? They have no choice but to rebuild everything from the ground up because there is nothing left. 

Tanking is something different and not even what they were trying to do. Even teams that try to lose on purpose aren't this bad.

I have to think that Lip has a much more thought out opinion about rebuilds that isn’t so binary.  Mostly because Lip actually reads everything provided to him and responds as such.  Have to think that lip would actually understand that rebuilds aren’t all the same and the organizations actions within a rebuild are important to the end of the rebuild.  You know, context 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I have to think that Lip has a much more thought out opinion about rebuilds that isn’t so binary.  Mostly because Lip actually reads everything provided to him and responds as such.  Have to think that lip would actually understand that rebuilds aren’t all the same and the organizations actions within a rebuild are important to the end of the rebuild.  You know, context 

I assumed Greg was talking about the author of the article that Lip posted.

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

From DVS story today in the Sun-Times:

To that end, Robert, who missed two months with the second strained hip flexor of his career, said his offseason routine largely will be the same.

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Who on this team was seen as better, offensively, than Eloy and Yoan? Nicky Lopez?

You're correct that they are the top 3, but that doesn't necessarily make them all good.

Saying Luis Robert, Eloy Jimenez (always hurt and should never be counted on), and Yoan Moncada (hahahahahaha) are the 3 best hitters on your team is like picking a regular sized person (Luis Robert) and then 2 tall midgets from a group of midgets.

Don't think the season would be that much different. Not record breaking, but still 110 losses around.

Edited by Bob Sacamano