Buster Olney and Jesse Rogers’s turn ripping the Sox

Balta1701

22 minutes ago, Quin said:

Two thoughts:

1) Other than Jerry, it seems that TLR is the root cause of a lot of strife in the org.

It amazes me how much greg disagrees with most of my fellow Sox fans on the board on issues like Ozzie and TLR and many many more. I thought the article made it clear LaRussa actually wasn't that bad, especially record wise. It said some guys thought he didn't relate to young players. Big deal. What if that playoff team had caught fire and had an Ozzie-like postseason (2005)? ... Great article, though. I love the quote: "They are that bad." As we all know it's not easy to be this bad in all facets of baseball: Hitting, pitching, defense, bullpen. Please don't reach 40 wins, Sox.

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

It amazes me how much greg disagrees with most of my fellow Sox fans on the board on issues like Ozzie and TLR and many many more. I thought the article made it clear LaRussa actually wasn't that bad, especially record wise. It said some guys thought he didn't relate to young players. Big deal. What if that playoff team had caught fire and had an Ozzie-like postseason (2005)? ... Great article, though. I love the quote: "They are that bad." As we all know it's not easy to be this bad in all facets of baseball: Hitting, pitching, defense, bullpen. Please don't reach 40 wins, Sox.

That team was great until the second half. They were over .500 but barely. It seems to me, once Tony started really getting his footing, everything started to crumble. Horrible trades...they became an average at best team almost overnight. Were very mediocre the next year, but got some pulse back when Cairo took over. that went away after a bad loss to Cleveland,and they basically gave up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The problem is none of that happened.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Literally lays out how he was the inflection point, but you have to come in and provide a Bob Dole defense of him.

• Like 1

I'm glad these articles are coming out and it's getting national attention. It really is the only way the tide can change. More of this=more pressure on Jerry to sell.

That said, is anyone really surprised at the result of this season? I mean, I don't think anyone was expecting worst team of all time, but after closely following this team for the last 15 years of my life, it doesn't really surprise me one bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I'm glad these articles are coming out and it's getting national attention. It really is the only way the tide can change. More of this=more pressure on Jerry to sell.

That said, is anyone really surprised at the result of this season? I mean, I don't think anyone was expecting worst team of all time, but after closely following this team for the last 15 years of my life, it doesn't really surprise me one bit.

Everyone knew they would suck. But to suck more than any team ever should be surprising, even if it seemed obvious after reflection.

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

"

The front office promoted first-year coach Grady Sizemore to interim manager, essentially taking on-the-field decisions out of the dugout and into the executive suite. Sizemore had expressed no desire to manage but was picked because players like him. "

Sounds quite familiar....luckily Ventura was spared being mentioned.

Graveman obviously had that time when he was the Mariners' closer and was dumped near the end of a season when he was polarizing  the clubhouse, pretty sure to Houston.

And Kelly/Lynn/Grandal were always polarizing figures.

You have to believe and Hendriks injury, Anderson situation, and then Abreu throwing in the towel as a leader are what finally broke the team.  Ironically not signing two of those three along with letting Giolito go were best best decisions made from a pure baseball stand point.  Then you had Grandal and Moncada influencing Robert as well...obvious why the Rodgers finally grew tired of Yasmani's defense and so called leadership.  Just every veteran was a disaster and young players not ready.

Madrigal even tried to lead and resistance to him was what eventually led to him getting cast out...and just injuries/attitude/non performance.  Meanwhile you're forcing Vaughn to the bug leagues too fast in the worst possible position just like they did with Fields and Viciedo In past seasons...trying to cover up depth problems by pitching it with un prepare youth.

But all these moves over time left a team with no natural leaders and situations like Robert not even knowing who Montoyo actually was after a year on the coaching roster.

Also can see the Grifol was pretty much doomed to fail from the get go.

And let's not even get into the negstivity surrounding Clevinger lol that even drove SoxTalk posters into exile even.

Edited by caulfield12

51 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'm sorry

The only team where fans are so exasperated they're actively rooting for characters like JR TLR and Clevinger to die.

And then the egos and smugness of both Williams and Hahn running smack dab right into the daily carnival that was Ozzie and AJ to a lesser extent...simply untenable.  To simply be replaced by Sale and Eating and the LaRoches vs. a checked out Ventura.

Also. Rick Hahn has seemingly erased his very presence by refusing to acknowledge his part in this whole disaster.  He would probably just point the blame to KW and Getz under cutting or betraying him.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

If you think about it this season has been a blessing in disguise to be honest.. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

If you think about it this season has been a blessing in disguise to be honest.. 

ehhhhhhh, I wouldn't go that far. If it didn't impact Jerry at all (which none of us know at this point) then all it was just a historically bad season in a long line of very bad seasons for the White Sox. 

• Like 2

The previous fall, he had traded Bummer, a coveted left-handed reliever, to the Braves for five players. The return stunned some rival evaluators, because they believed some of the players in the deal likely would've been non-tendered by the Braves. In truth, Getz was fully aware of the non-tender possibility -- because Braves exec Alex Anthopoulos had told him so -- and wanted the deal anyway, to ensure the arrival of Mike Soroka in the much-depleted rotation.

Oh, Chris Getz.....

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

This story is almost exactly the reason I see negative value in bringing up a guy like Quero for this season.  I’d prefer to even keep guys like Baldwin, Sosa far away.  Also confirms almost all suspicions on why Vargas always looks like a sad puppy and why Giolito appeared physically ill at all times.

This clubhouse is nothing like last years.  They're not a bunch of raging assholes they're just a bad team.  All the real bad guys are gone and the ones who remain from that disaster will be gone this off season.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This clubhouse is nothing like last years.  They're not a bunch of raging assholes they're just a bad team.  All the real bad guys are gone and the ones who remain from that disaster will be gone this off season.   

Mike Clevinger was brought back by choice and paid a premium over what any other team would pay for the pleasure of it.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Paper Bag 1

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

ehhhhhhh, I wouldn't go that far. If it didn't impact Jerry at all (which none of us know at this point) then all it was just a historically bad season in a long line of very bad seasons for the White Sox. 

At the very least it hit him in the pocketbook, and will continue the impact into next year.

25 minutes ago, Tony said:

No your right but a lot of s%*# has came out. If this season doesn't happen none of this is known

19 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

No your right but a lot of s%*# has came out. If this season doesn't happen none of this is known

Airing out all of the dirty laundry is great, but it hardly matters when it doesn't bring about change.