Buster Olney and Jesse Rogers’s turn ripping the Sox

Balta1701

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

It amazes me how much greg disagrees with most of my fellow Sox fans on the board on issues like Ozzie and TLR and many many more. I thought the article made it clear LaRussa actually wasn't that bad, especially record wise. It said some guys thought he didn't relate to young players. Big deal. What if that playoff team had caught fire and had an Ozzie-like postseason (2005)? ... 

1zqg41.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

That quote was alarming too. Ok, great, you took those guys to secure Soroka. But holy s%*# you didn't have to tender them contracts and expect them to start for your team.

The whole idea of a still recovering but lacking in crispness and command on his pitches seems pretty ludicrous.

93~95 mph is just a pedestrian fastball in?the game today.

And whoever targeted Shewmake for any reason than former first round draft was nuts.

It's almost like the modified operandi is to dig up as many former high draft picks and watch them continue to fail and/or think fans will be fooled by former top prospect rankings into buying into any hope/faith at all.

But Lopez had that amazing 5-6 fWAR season in the not so distant past and he could sort of be a local fan favorite storyline.

Well, bollocks to that.

Edited by caulfield12

There can be all the hit pieces in the world but when the man in the High Castle is insulated, powerful, and only hears/sees what he wants then it really doesn't matter.  

You have an empowered GM who basically is outclassed and doesn't seem to want to try to win anytime soon.  He is supported by the man in the high castle.    

The ones that are hurt by everything that has gone on with this organization are the true fans.  Like the boys/gals on this board and many others who have lived and dies White Sox baseball.  

These are dark days that might take a decade to crawl out off.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/41416529/mlb-2024-chicago-white-sox-121-losses-all-record-worst-team-history-moments

Excellent article, albeit a little long.  Good summary of the disastrous season.

I posted an ESPN article early in the season, predicting a Sox 120 loss season, and I don’t think anyone believed this, and looks like it will be more 120 losses, and the worst team  in modern MLB history.  All of the organization should be ashamed and held accountable, beyond Grifol his dismissed coaches. IMO.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/41416529/mlb-2024-chicago-white-sox-121-losses-all-record-worst-team-history-moments

Excellent article, albeit a little long.  Good summary of the disastrous season.

I posted an ESPN article early in the season, predicting a Sox 120 loss season, and I don’t think anyone believed this, and looks like it will be more 120 losses, and the worst team  in modern MLB history.  All of the organization should be ashamed and held accountable, beyond Grifol his dismissed coaches. IMO.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Some interesting comments and I have nothing really to add except I’m going to mention 3 names that IMHO contributed to a toxic clubhouse starting back in 2021, Tony LaRussa, Yoan Moncada and Tim Anderson.  That’s all I have.

Even if his personal life was a mess, I don't think TA was a clubhouse cancer. Seems just the opposite when his boys were Hendriks and Giolito who I don't think anyone considered a problem. Tried getting Grandal and Yoan in line and, well, neither responded so I guess there's that.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 2

Excellent article, albeit a little long.  Very good summary of the disastrous season.

I-posted an ESPN article early in the season, predicting a Sox 120 loss season.  I don’t think anyone believed this at the time.  Now it looks like it will not be a 120 loss season, but even higher, with  2024 Sox being the worst team in modern MLB history, worse than the ‘62 Mets.  This full organization should ashamed and held accountable with more heads rolling,beyond Grifol and his coaches already dismissed.   IMO.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Hey Lip, another person who agrees with greg on rebuilding/reloading/tanking. BAD FOR BASEBALL he said! I am not as dumb as I am said to be.

Honestly, nothing surprises me anymore. It's going to take a new owner and a complete house cleaning before this team has my Fandom again. I know I'm not alone in this. The damage they have done in the last few seasons, that started with hiring TLR, and culminated with not one, but two signings of that scumbag Clevinger, is catastrophic and unrecoverable. 

Until JR dies and every last one of his sycophants is gone, I'm going to actively root against this team. I hope they're just as bad next season. This franchise is dead, and there's one piece of s%*# to blame for all of it. Every single problem comes back to him, and TLR.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Paper Bag 1

58 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Some interesting comments and I have nothing really to add except I’m going to mention 3 names that IMHO contributed to a toxic clubhouse starting back in 2021, Tony LaRussa, Yoan Moncada and Tim Anderson.  That’s all I have.

They had TA traded, but Kenny killed it so it doesn't fit.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seriously that was an absolutely absurd statement.   Thanks.

Like regardless of what you think of the way the abuse case was handled, he's generally thought of as an asshole around the whole league.

Back in June I was listening to Houston sports radio at night and they were talking about pitchers who could be available at the deadline, one of them brought up Clevinger, the other guy asked where he wound up this year, the first guy said the White Sox, the second guy said some version of "serves him right, dirtbag." I laughed.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 1

6 hours ago, fathom said:

I hate so many of these players.  Just terrible character judgment by Hahn, KW and Getz.

I'd guess that most/many baseball players are conservative bro-dudes. When a guy like Giolito is smart, well-rounded and curious, it's news. Too many Aubry Huffs and Trevor Bauers bouncing around. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'd guess that most/many baseball players are conservative bro-dudes. When a guy like Giolito is smart, well-rounded and curious, it's news. Too many Aubry Huffs and Trevor Bauers bouncing around. 

Yep I once heard that it’s safe to assume the majority of white baseball and football players are conservatives 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep I once heard that it’s safe to assume the majority of white baseball and football players are conservatives 

To my point, conservatism and Christianity is fine. But you get these guys who are "Christian", but they hate everyone, they might give off good clubhouse vibes, but WTF turns on a guy coming back from cancer? 

Back in the day, I fought with all the stat heads (not here) who gushed over Grandal's framing stats, and acted like it was the victory of a lifetime when the Sox finally wised up and signed him. They're all awful quiet, now. 

• Like 4

Wow this thread is starting to go down hill.

I tend to ignore media that are Grifol apologists. I don't care what he inherited he was bad and not management material. He was highly recommended by Getz to begin with.  Sure he was highly recommended but one player in the Royals organization said he was a kiss ass.  It was obvious.

Funny how he commented about things he saw from the Royals dugout when becoming manager.  Did anyone realize he is use to 100 loss organizations.   So the problem with the hire to begin with is getting someone from a habitual losing organization.

• Paper Bag 1

It's really weird that nobody here lined up to argue with this:

Meanwhile, a lineup already thin on big league talent was getting thinner. Eloy Jimenez, a top prospect acquired in 2017 and signed two years later to be a foundational piece of a previous rebuild, played three games before he was sidelined with a hamstring injury. On April 5, Luis Robert -- in theory, the best player on the White Sox's roster -- suffered a hip flexor strain as he was running the bases; he'd miss the next two months. Yoan Moncada, the longest-tenured of the Chicago regulars, also suffered a hip injury. Little more than a week into the season, a third of the lineup was out, and the White Sox had won just one of their first nine games, with a run differential of minus-30.

12 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It's really weird that nobody here lined up to argue with this:

Which part am I supposed to argue with? Robert and Moncada weren't actually hurt? The White Sox did not actually go 1-8 with a -30 run differential?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Which part am I supposed to argue with? Robert and Moncada weren't actually hurt? The White Sox did not actually go 1-8 with a -30 run differential?

I don't know. I was trolled by admins for a while for stating these very facts. Maybe look in your admin handbook and tell me why it's wrong to say that the 3 top offensive players being injured in the first 2 weeks might make a team worse. 

13 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I don't know. I was trolled by admins for a while for stating these very facts. Maybe look in your admin handbook and tell me why it's wrong to say that the 3 top offensive players being injured in the first 2 weeks might make a team worse. 

3 “top offensive players” is a stretch. On this team, sure. Robert is great. The other 2? Eh

Edited by Bob Sacamano