9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game

DoUEvenShift

13 minutes ago, pcq said:

Sosa cleanup. Next year's lineup. 

Sosa at 2B, Baldwin at SS, Ramos at 3B, Vargas LF/UTIL, Benintendi DH/LF (unless salary dumped), Sheets DFA is what I would do. Vaughn survives (unless another team wants to take a flier on him in a trade) because there is no one else really knocking on the door at 1B.

Too lazy to look and see if there is anyone worth taking a flier on in FA to try to flip. I would do that for the bullpen and maybe a SP for sure.

Edit: Lee and some minor league signing behind the plate until Quero comes up. Then move on from minor league signing.

Edit 2: I also realize that this is not a good team and one that will chase it's own record set in 24. I would love that for Jerry Reinsdorf.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Robert, Vaughn and Sosa are the only bats in the lineup rocking OPS above .552 (Ramos). They are also the only 3 hitting above .202 (Fletcher, everyone else is far below .200).

Think about that: Robert, Vaughn and Sosa look like bonafide sluggers compared to Vargas, Ramos, DeLoach, Chuckie, Fletcher and Amaya and all six are in the lineup.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Sosa at 2B, Baldwin at SS, Ramos at 3B, Vargas LF/UTIL, Benintendi DH/LF (unless salary dumped), Sheets DFA is what I would do. Vaughn survives (unless another team wants to take a flier on him in a trade) because there is no one else really knocking on the door at 1B.

Too lazy to look and see if there is anyone worth taking a flier on in FA to try to flip. I would do that for the bullpen and maybe a SP for sure.

Edit: Lee and some minor league signing behind the plate until Quero comes up. Then move on from minor league signing.

Edit 2: I also realize that this is not a good team and one that will chase it's own record set in 24. I would love that for Jerry Reinsdorf.

Elko is the main outside the box replacement for Sheets/Vaughn.  Fringe prospect.  Aren't they all…except for Monty Quero and pitchers?

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Robert, Vaughn and Sosa are the only bats in the lineup rocking OPS above .552 (Ramos). They are also the only 3 hitting above .202 (Fletcher, everyone else is far below .200).

Think about that: Robert, Vaughn and Sosa look like bonafide sluggers compared to Vargas, Ramos, DeLoach, Chuckie, Fletcher and Amaya and all six are in the lineup.

Almost feel sorry for Moncada getting skipped over start in last home game but maybe it’s irony highest salary and actually available to play.

Will have to play in Winter Ball somewhere.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Almost feel sorry for Moncada getting skipped over start in last home game but maybe it’s irony highest salary and actually available to play.

Will have to play in Winter Ball somewhere.

You can tell that they wanted to scapegoat part of this season on him so, so badly.

But Vargas is gonna be the future or some s%*#, idk.

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Another Latin player, another blame.

Seems the veteran overpaid white relievers/Lynn were just as culpable as Anderson Middleton Grandal Jimenez Moncada and Robert…or simply removing Abreu from the picture.

Not that Grandal comes out well either.

TA and Hahn have been pretty damed quiet as well after being two most talkative, fwiw.

Then you had Giolito and Hendriks leaving, creating another vacuum not filled at all by Grifol.

Edited by caulfield12

24 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Stone is supposed to make some announcement.  It would be hysterical if he says he's coming back on the radio side and they stick DJ with Schriffen.  

Just announced that Stone will be back for multiple years.

Schriffen needs some work but I think eventually he will be OK. I like his enthusiasm.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He'd be a lot more tolerable if he was selling a good product.

Hopefully he will be selling a good product in the near future.

Back to Stone, just a few days ago he was saying that this year has been a huge strain on him, is there a chance that JR is selling or that he assured Stone that he would maybe bring on some free agents and turn this disaster around ASAP